Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I think Wally's Rebirth costume is a great design, but I understand that it now carries with it some bad connotations
    It always did. It was admittedly a Kid Flash costume.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

This was refreshing. The first Wally West story since he retuned that i can say i genuinely enjoyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Linda and the kids like Wally in blue. Do we?

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    I thought it looked slick. And the blue goes well with his hair
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Always Rakzo

Wally's Rebirth costume was just too derivative of his second Kid Flash costume to be an actual good representation.

The William Messner-Loebs costume has always been the best for him since that was the time when he actually left Barry's old suit and created his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Wally's Rebirth costume was just too derivative of his second Kid Flash costume to be an actual good representation.

The William Messner-Loebs costume has always been the best for him since that was the time when he actually left Barry's old suit and created his own.
    I mean, is it really an issue of being derivativity when his "own suit" is still very derivative of Barry's? I mean, I get it's a matter of taste and preference I'm sure but is it really all that derivative if he's drawing from a design made for him? at least it's overtly and obviously visually distinct from Barry at a glance. it's like with Miles and Peter, I don't think they'd have worked in co-existence if Miles' suit was the same color scheme and silhouette but with some tweaked line work.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I mean, is it really an issue of being derivativity when his "own suit" is still very derivative of Barry's? I mean, I get it's a matter of taste and preference I'm sure but is it really all that derivative if he's drawing from a design made for him? at least it's overtly and obviously visually distinct from Barry at a glance. it's like with Miles and Peter, I don't think they'd have worked in co-existence if Miles' suit was the same color scheme and silhouette but with some tweaked line work.
    It is, because it is a KID FLASH suit. It’s not proper Wally if he’s channeling his sidekick days.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    This was the first issue of a Flash comic that i loved from beginning to end in Years. Just Perfect!
    100% agree. Best Metal book as well easy.
    If you are going to refute, you need to do your own research.

Quote Originally Posted by Laufeyson View Post
    it's just a dream.
    Can you name a bigger hype that led to NOTHING in an event lately than Dream in Metal? Now you have Snyder dragging in Sgt. Rock...at this point, it feels like he wanted to make sure he had included EVERY DC Owned Property in his Batman run basically...
    If you are going to refute, you need to do your own research.

I'm all for a new costume if it's not based on his Kid Flash costume. He can use goggles like Quicksilver and have a more "casual" outfit maybe. Just not his KF suit with a new colour.

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    It is, because it is a KID FLASH suit. It’s not proper Wally if he’s channeling his sidekick days.
    it's an amalgam of Kid Flash and the typical flash suit, it's referencing his own history. my point is it's kinda intellectual disingenuous to claim the problem with the suit is it's derivative of a design that was made for him (they purposely changed his design as Kid Flash to make him more unique) over a suit that is literally just a derivative of a design made for a different character.

if he was running around with a binky in his mouth and a diaper that would be one thing, but there isn't anything juvenile about the design other than Wally purist wanting him to be the only Flash and want him wearing Barry's suit (or a derivative of it) honestly. to be fair, if we're going down this logical road, technically the flash suit is also derivative of his first Kid Flash since that was a mini Flash suit. so your doomed both ways i kid but so as long as Barry is running around as Flash also, it doesn't make sense for them to have more or less the same costume. since it's Barry's design first, it makes sense that they would look at Wally's design and go "ok let's add elements of design that are distinct to Wally specifically". it's just history repeating itself like with his first Kid Flash suit.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 09-23-2020 at 02:23 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Spectacular Member

just give him walter wests suit.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    it's an amalgam of Kid Flash and the typical flash suit, it's referencing his own history. my point is it's kinda intellectual disingenuous to claim the problem with the suit is it's derivative of a design that was made for him (they purposely changed his design as Kid Flash to make him more unique) over a suit that is literally just a derivative of a design made for a different character.

if he was running around with a binky in his mouth and a diaper that would be one thing, but there isn't anything juvenile about the design other than Wally purist wanting him to be the only Flash and want him wearing Barry's suit (or a derivative of it) honestly. to be fair, if we're going down this logical road, technically the flash suit is also derivative of his first Kid Flash since that was a mini Flash suit. so your doomed both ways i kid but so as long as Barry is running around as Flash also, it doesn't make sense for them to have more or less the same costume. since it's Barry's design first, it makes sense that they would look at Wally's design and go "ok let's add elements of design that are distinct to Wally specifically". it's just history repeating itself like with his first Kid Flash suit.
    It’s a recolored Kid Flash suit. Brett Booth said himself, publicly, that DC comissioned that design because they wanted him to look like Kid Flash. For proper Wally, that doesn’t cut it.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

It’s a recolored Kid Flash suit. Brett Booth said himself, publicly, that DC comissioned that design because they wanted him to look like Kid Flash. For proper Wally, that doesn’t cut it.
    We want *this* for real, without Thawne or anybody else impersonating Barry or Wally.

Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    We want *this* for real, without Thawne or anybody else impersonating Barry or Wally.

You know, I’n fine with that take, but I’m also not against giving Wally a more distinct look. But he’s gotta look like a proper Flash.

You know, I’n fine with that take, but I’m also not against giving Wally a more distinct look. But he’s gotta look like a proper Flash.
    I tried to close the cowl of his suit to see how it would look and i think its works fine.