Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Gotta love Williamson dunking on "A Flash always dies in a Crisis"

BANNED

Well, the Flashes die so Superheroes can win in Crisis. That's the reason why the are called as hope.

I always liked the Rebirth suit but I didn't realise how much I missed Wally in the proper Flash cowl. Jay putting an end to "Flash War 2: Dad turns the car around" was epic. Also, did anyone else do a double take to make sure that Wally didn't flip off BWL?

Not gonna lie guys, if Didio was still around I'd be super nervous about the Flash family being stuck inside the speedforce at the end of this issue. Regardless of Williamson's intentions. I still am but I'm willing to give the benfit of the doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sneezing_Stormtrooper View Post
    I always liked the Rebirth suit but I didn't realise how much I missed Wally in the proper Flash cowl. Jay putting an end to "Flash War 2: Dad turns the car around" was epic. Also, did anyone else do a double take to make sure that Wally didn't flip off BWL?

Not gonna lie guys, if Didio was still around I'd be super nervous about the Flash family being stuck inside the speedforce at the end of this issue. Regardless of Williamson's intentions. I still am but I'm willing to give the benfit of the doubt.
    Oh yeah I definitely thought it was a flip off, not sure why it wasn't besides age-ratings. Though you just know people are editing it for it to have Wally flip off BWL.

Also yes, thank you Jay for knocking that off.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sneezing_Stormtrooper View Post

Same with the cowl. It just felt so right.

And I literally laugh so loud when Jay slapped Barry and Wally. That was terrific. And yes I also thought it was a flip off, in my head canon that’s what happened. This issue was just great. I even had a moment where I was utterly pissed off cause I thought they were really going to end with him stuck in the speed force again like in rebirth. That was a fake out I’m it embarrassed to say totally got me but I’m so happy with how it turned out. Might need to go back and check out Williamson’s Flash if the rest of the run is quality like this issue.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Linda and the kids like Wally in blue. Do we?

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post

I like it for this story. Nothing wrong with myriad special costumes, Batman has a new one every month. But I'm partial to seeing Wally in dark red.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

BANNED

I like the costume, but the crimson bolt is just classic and you can't go wrong with classic costume like Wally.

It’s a good “event costume”. The issue implies he’s going back to 90s costume and I’m partial to that.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by buried alien View Post
    linda and the kids like wally in blue. Do we?

buried alien (the fastest post alive!)
    no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I think Wally's Rebirth costume is a great design, but I understand that it now carries with it some bad connotations, much like Hal's Parallax armor, while an awesome design, is no longer appropriate for him to wear.

The shiny dark red suit from the 90s with his red hair flying free would be a good compromise. Or simply go back to his Pre-Flashpoint costume that he barely wore.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    It’s a good “event costume”. The issue implies he’s going back to 90s costume and I’m partial to that.
    Eh, that was just fanservice.

I'm really not convinced he's making it out of this alive. In a period where DC are cutting DCU titles & spin-offs and shifting resources to the teen OGNs, they're not going to add a secondary Flash book for him, and all the Other Media stuff is Barry-Flash now, ergo he's not displacing Barry again. (And when there *is* a Wally in Other Media now, it's a Wallace counterpart).

So what do you even do with him that actually amounts to anything? Another Titans relaunch? I suspect that would be based on the TV show lineup, which doesn't include any Flashes.

If he's not dead, he's probably going to end up depowered & retired for now.
    Last edited by SanityOrMadness; 09-23-2020 at 03:54 AM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by SanityOrMadness View Post
    The changes at DC might make that the case, but I don't think it was the original intention.

In interviews, Snyder mentioned the goal was to bring Wally back to his core and give him his mantle back in a way after the series. Waid, who is back in the loop, said the people at DC were eager for Wally to return to his rightful place of prominence. So I don't think this is all fanservice in the sense the creators were seemingly going to follow through to some extent before the big shake up.
    Last edited by Rend20; 09-23-2020 at 05:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SanityOrMadness View Post

I'm really not convinced he's making it out of this alive. In a period where DC are cutting DCU titles & spin-offs and shifting resources to the teen OGNs, they're not going to add a secondary Flash book for him, and all the Other Media stuff is Barry-Flash now, ergo he's not displacing Barry again. (And when there *is* a Wally in Other Media now, it's a Wallace counterpart).

So what do you even do with him that actually amounts to anything? Another Titans relaunch? I suspect that would be based on the TV show lineup, which doesn't include any Flashes.

If he's not dead, he's probably going to end up depowered & retired for now.
    I would have agreed with you if DiDio and Harras were still present. But they are gone and currently everyone in power (sans Lee) is fond of Wally. Mark Waid also recently said that Wally is about to have a come back and we all know that he has no reason to lie about it, considering what Didio put him through with Wally.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I think flashhattan is awesome.