Default Just one old question

Is not something important but i would like to clarify something about Xavier.

Back in the first run, issue #5 (second battle with the brotherhood in the Asteroid-M) we are introduced to Jean Grey parents, they mentioned that they have doubts about the school but they got a call from someone in Washington D.C. suggesting that they should enroll Jean in Charle's school.

For anyone who has read and remember the Lee-Kirby era, is it ever explained in the original run who is this contact?

I know is not esencial but i want to know if this is ever explained or is just something that Lee put there and never has the need to develop.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lapsus View Post
    Is not something important but i would like to clarify something about Xavier.

Back in the first run, issue #5 (second battle with the brotherhood in the Asteroid-M) we are introduced to Jean Grey parents, they mentioned that they have doubts about the school but they got a call from someone in Washington D.C. suggesting that they should enroll Jean in Charle's school.

For anyone who has read and remember the Lee-Kirby era, is it ever explained in the original run who is this contact?

I know is not esencial but i want to know if this is ever explained or is just something that Lee put there and never has the need to develop.
    Wasn’t it Xavier’s FBI friend, Fred Duncan?

BANNED

From re-reading #5 -- I surmise it was Magneto...

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    From re-reading #5 -- I surmise it was Magneto...
    Magneto in that time was very antagonistic, maybe a later retcon but in the original run seems unlikely

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans
    Wasn’t it Xavier’s FBI friend, Fred Duncan?
    Maybe, It could be

Knowing Xavier they probably just ‘thought’ they had a call