Mighty Member

Default Bring back what if

Should marvel bring back What if

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Yes. Or maybe go one step further and bring us a continuity of stories from a set of specific divergent Earths where "What If?" scenarios have occured and show how an ongoing cast of characters have been affected by these variances.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Or maybe go one step further and bring us a continuity of stories from a set of specific divergent Earths where "What If?" scenarios have occured and show how an ongoing cast of characters have been affected by these variances.
    That could be really interesting, I'd take a chance on a book like that.
    Last edited by Odd Rödney; 02-18-2021 at 03:25 PM. Reason: Blue text became too cumbersome.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

Maybe What If needs a more serious relaunch, start in a more DC style with their Elseworlds (but not only with a few popular characters, but with popular characters but also with other slightly more secondary ones, (you don't always live on Avengers, Mutants, Fantastic Four and Spider-Man) with renowned authors and artists to help their sales and increase their quality, with stories that can be remembered in time.

they already have trouble depicting the events of one reality
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Mighty Member

The problem you run into is the stories get cliched quickly. We've had a What If? Twice. Then annual What Ifs based on events. It almost always ends dark. A bunch of dark universes. A dark multiverse.

This also pretty much happened in Exiles as well. I would be ok with bringing back Exiles. What If is better off with one shots.

Astonishing Member

Don't.

The readers will bug you until the end of time to make continuations of said stories.