Page 33 of 38 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Really loving those SWORD costumes.
    They're the kind of awesome that X-Factor's costumes aren't.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

My fanmade roster for the SWORD Divisions

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Or it turns out she actualy has no such power at all, all her memories of her past lifes are fakes or half truths, some Titan level being has created her (without her knowledge) to manipulate the mutants into changing so much they are willing to join it to become a Dominion able to controll the Phoenix force and the whole thing is won, when a reborn Destiny guides the X-men into luring the Titan into a place between time and space where mutants from hundreds of futures where they actualy became the new humanity come in and kick it's metaphysical buttocks.

Just speculating.

Her powers are also force fields and while she can't do Sue Storm tricks with them, it's always good to have such a power in a space ship/station.

She has allready displayed the ability to somewhat controll their activation these days, so sealing a breach with her body or hand would be in the realm of possible.
    How strong can the Titans be? Ultron beat them in annihilation conquest. They are already chumps

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantor View Post
    How strong can the Titans be? Ultron beat them in annihilation conquest. They are already chumps
    Ultron defeated a Phalanx, who are pawns of the Titans, not Titans.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantor View Post
    As strong or weak as the plot demands i would say. Writers seldomly stick to "power levels" if they want to someone to be strong or weak for their plots. Stronger if it allready achieved near-dominionhood by the stage the X-men could wise up to it.
    I mostly picked a "Titan" because i recalled they were the stage before the Dominion listed in HoX/PoX.

Also didn't Warlock and another Technarch help defeat Ultron during Annihilation Conquest despite being lower on Hickman's "mega hive mind civilizations" thing shown in those white pages?

As strong or weak as the plot demands i would say. Writers seldomly stick to "power levels" if they want to someone to be strong or weak for their plots. Stronger if it allready achieved near-dominionhood by the stage the X-men could wise up to it.
    I mostly picked a "Titan" because i recalled they were the stage before the Dominion listed in HoX/PoX.

Also didn't Warlock and another Technarch help defeat Ultron during Annihilation Conquest despite being lower on Hickman's "mega hive mind civilizations" thing shown in those white pages?
    And what?

Reed Richards is far below Galactus's cosmic scale and has defeated him we don't even know how many times.

Just because someone defeats someone does not mean that they are more powerful.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Just because someone defeats someone does not mean that they are more powerful.
    That was kind of the point i was trying to make. It all depends on what the writer wants to imply about a hero or villain in order to set stakes for the stories and then it's up to the narrative to tell who wins and who loses. With the end result being up to the reader to decide what ever it worked or not.

Hence why even "puny" earthlings can have a chance to defeat a guy who conquered half the galaxy, or outsmart someone who enslaved the multiverse, or defeat an undeaftable being from beyond time and space, etc.

Also thanks for clearing the bit up on what ever Ultron defeated Phallanx or Titans.

That was kind of the point i was trying to make. It all depends on what the writer wants to imply about a hero or villain in order to set stakes for the stories and then it's up to the narrative to tell who wins and who loses. With the end result being up to the reader to decide what ever it worked or not.

Hence why even "puny" earthlings can have a chance to defeat a guy who conquered half the galaxy, or outsmart someone who enslaved the multiverse, or defeat an undeaftable being from beyond time and space, etc.

Also thanks for clearing the bit up on what ever Ultron defeated Phallanx or Titans.
    All we know of the Titans at the present time is that they have conquered the space region near the Shi'ar Empire and Gladiator fears that they will be their next target.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post

That's super cool Beetle!

Astonishing Member

All we know of the Titans at the present time is that they have conquered the space region near the Shi'ar Empire and Gladiator fears that they will be their next target.
    Hmm and the white pages in Hox/PoX imply a "Titan" is not a singular hive-being but a type of being which can form from enough lower class hive minds.

Also sounds like something which might come up in SWORD sooner or later. Or not depending on what ever the writer of SWORD wants to pick that up from the chekhovs guns Hickman threw into the ring with the two mini series.

Hmm and the white pages in Hox/PoX imply a "Titan" is not a singular hive-being but a type of being which can form from enough lower class hive minds.

Also sounds like something which might come up in SWORD sooner or later. Or not depending on what ever the writer of SWORD wants to pick that up from the chekhovs guns Hickman threw into the ring with the two mini series.
    A Titan is simply an isolated black hole, they are the smallest type of hivemind that has reached the singularity. Dominions are networks of black holes interconnected between them.

There was a middle step between Titans and Dominions but I can't remember the name.

Astonishing Member

A Titan is simply an isolated black hole, they are the smallest type of hivemind that has reached the singularity. Dominions are networks of black holes interconnected between them.

There was a middle step between Titans and Dominions but I can't remember the name.
    Oh. Which means i picked exactly the wrong name for the being in the stage directly before a Dominion, to use for my little alternate scenario to the general assumed outcome of Dawn of X.

Thanks for clearing that up. Also i can't recall any of the others either, hence having made that mistake.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post

This gets me hyped like Hickman's Avengers, great work!

Hope is going to show up in SWORD (from Valerio Schiti's twitter)

Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNugget View Post
    Hope is going to show up in SWORD (from Valerio Schiti's twitter)
    Sweet. Would be cool to see Krakoan's cycle in and out for various appearances and missions.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!