Page 27 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Well, Marvel will be getting a few more bucks from me. Going to add this to my pull list of all the X-titles/mini's and Spiderman books.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    He is Jack Winters, Scott's foster father who malted him and from whom Xavier saved him. His powerset was pretty stupid.

He died before the X-Men even existed, it is impossible that he is in Cerebro.
    Jack Winters was NOT Scott's foster father...

Astonishing Member

Having each of the main characters as leader of an individual team sounds like it could give a few characters some appearance beyond just standing around in group shots on Krakoa, but it also means a lot of juggling a lot of characters around with them reduced to singular lines.

Not to forget that red/yellowshirt syndrome might crop up.

"S.W.O.R.D. is working with Krakoa, not for it. They have strong ties with the council, but it's a strategic relationship - both S.W.O.R.D. and Krakoa are getting a lot out of the arrangement. S.W.O.R.D.'s mission, to begin with, is the same as it ever was - diplomacy, discovery, defense. Their mission, as Brand sees it, is both to defend Earth and the Solar System from interstellar threats, and also to reach out to the larger universe and make diplomatic contact. Krakoa is a good "host nation" for that initiative, but S.W.O.R.D. can't be tied to a single nation. S.W.O.R.D. speaks for Sol."

I'm not sure the human-led governments of Earth would get behind a mutant-led/Krakoa-allied space diplomacy initiative. That pretty much says that mutants speak for Earth... which the majority of humans it seems would definitely not abide by. I hope that gets addressed directly.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    (...)

I'm not sure the human-led governments of Earth would get behind a mutant-led/Krakoa-allied space diplomacy initiative. That pretty much says that mutants speak for Earth... which the majority of humans it seems would definitely not abide by. I hope that gets addressed directly.
    The funny part about that thought, is that the vast majority of aliens they would encounter would likely either be entirely oblivious to the internal distinctions of humanity or not care. Since for them the mutants would just be humans with extra powers. Especialy since many alien races have super powers naturaly or powers by nature like those of some mutants.
    Some might even see SWORD as humanity sending their "best" to encounter them.

"S.W.O.R.D. is working with Krakoa, not for it. They have strong ties with the council, but it's a strategic relationship - both S.W.O.R.D. and Krakoa are getting a lot out of the arrangement. S.W.O.R.D.'s mission, to begin with, is the same as it ever was - diplomacy, discovery, defense. Their mission, as Brand sees it, is both to defend Earth and the Solar System from interstellar threats, and also to reach out to the larger universe and make diplomatic contact. Krakoa is a good "host nation" for that initiative, but S.W.O.R.D. can't be tied to a single nation. S.W.O.R.D. speaks for Sol."

I mean aren't most similar space teams (like Alpha Flight when Captain Marvel took over) primarily affiliated with the United States and that doesn't seem to be an issue. If it's done well I'd be interesting to see it addressed though.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

OK, I've seen a lot of names bandied about, but aside from the people on the covers, and Random; who's been confirmed?

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    OK, I've seen a lot of names bandied about, but aside from the people on the covers, and Random; who's been confirmed?
    That's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    The funny part about that thought, is that the vast majority of aliens they would encounter would likely either be entirely oblivious to the internal distinctions of humanity or not care. Since for them the mutants would just be humans with extra powers. Especialy since many alien races have super powers naturaly or powers by nature like those of some mutants.
    Some might even see SWORD as humanity sending their "best" to encounter them.
    Aliens never seem to care about whether the Earthers have powers much less how they got them. They try to eat us just the same. I can definitely see the 'best of Earth' angle being spun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I mean aren't most similar space teams (like Alpha Flight when Captain Marvel took over) primarily affiliated with the United States and that doesn't seem to be an issue. If it's done well I'd be interesting to see it addressed though.
    A foreign government liaising with aliens is one thing, especially the foreign government which usually does... but Muties In Space?!?! Blow em up!!!
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Fantastic Member

I can't wait for Deep Space X!
    It's one bigger than Deep Space Nine...

Quote Originally Posted by Jwyatt View Post
    It's one bigger than Deep Space Nine...
    I'll be disappointed if no one makes a Deep Space X joke.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Not entirely sure how much this tracks with them all wearing Krakoa X-uniforms

Tbf it's not exactly the X-Men logo but a new SWORD logo... that just happens to look a lot like the X-Men logo lol

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    Blink was also seen in teaser art with Manifold

Quote Originally Posted by Harpoon View Post
    Love this cover and these interviews have me truly excited for this series.

I genuinely haven't been this excited for a new x-book in forever.