Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    This is an impressive amount of spin. You could be a politician.
    The Avengers had a picnic on the moon with hostile hidden aliens and then took part in an attack on an armada that left thousands of combatants killed by biological warfare. All without discussing any of this with the nominal alien defense force of Earth

How is that spin?

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    The Avengers had a picnic on the moon with hostile hidden aliens and then took part in an attack on an armada that left thousands of combatants killed by biological warfare. All without discussing any of this with the nominal alien defense force of Earth

How is that spin?
    Because at the time they didn't know the hidden aliens were hostile, and they thought they were friends because of their history with them. They only took part in the attack by shutting down the weapon systems of the armada in an attempt to force them to explain why they were bringing an armada to Earth. And its not the job of the Avengers to make sure Alpha Flight is doing their job. Alpha Flight is supposed to be the ones preventing this sort of thing, and they totally failed to realize the moon was occupied and a massive armada was coming towards Earth.

Fantastic Member

The good news is Schiti seems up there with Larraz and has some solid art ....

but man this line up is not one that should last. More Kid Cable. Wiz Kid? Uh...

Haven't really seen much to care about Brand or Manifold.

I knew that wasn't Banshee don't know why people thought it was .... but man Cortez is a really odd pick. If we were getting two former Acolytes ..... Cortez and Frenzy are .... definitely two of them.

Cortez has the most interesting powerset, in terms of the Krakoa-era's exploration of power syngery.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    This is exactly my approach, as well. I'm counting on Ewing and Schiti to make me at least tolerate him in this.

*looks at design sketches : SCREAMS and DIES from excitement.
    Honestly, Kid Cable could indeed become a new character... in a sense. We know he has to get back to the future to live out his life, grow up and come back to this era to do all the things he did in the past, from forming X-Force to joining the X-men to raising Hope in the future so she could re-start the mutant race (or species, sub-species, whatever), right? And ultimately he grows old and dies by his own hand, thus he's trapped in a loop (like the film 'Looper').

But what if he didn't have to do that. What if he takes off and joins S.W.O.R.D. and Cyclops and Jean hatch a plan, with Hope's help, to free their son from this burden and give him a new life here in the present day? They could simply break the rules of the Resurrection Protocols and clone him, sending that clone back to his future to do all that, and all along the real Cable stayed here and the one he killed was a clone. Boom. Mind blown. It would negate everything we knew about OG Cable, in that he was basically a clone like Stryfe (albeit one with the T-O infection which dampens his powers like the original Nathan), but it would work and free him from this trap (time loop).

Just a thought. I'd much prefer Kid Cable going back to the future and them resurrecting the older version to give him a new lease on life, freeing him from the trap that way. But this way works too.

Weird line-up, but it's always nice to see more of Frenzy, Brand and Manifold.
    I don't care for the other members, but I trust Ewing.
    And there's no way Sunspot and Cannonball aren't joining this cast in the future.
    I only wish we'd gotten some more unused ones instead of Magneto and Kid Cable. Especially Kid Cable.

BANNED

Lol poor Jackraow21.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Cortez has the most interesting powerset, in terms of the Krakoa-era's exploration of power syngery.
    Hope already has him beat on that and her power manipulation is more stable than his. Her role in the Five is to literally synergize the powers of all 5 mutants

Quote Originally Posted by PetPigeon View Post
    Lol poor Jackraow21.
    Meh. I'm over it. Really. Wolverine is my other favorite and he's getting lots of love and seems to be in good hands with Ben Percy, so I can accept that the Cable I was a fan of is dead and this Kid Cable is a different guy... at least to me.

I do, however, wish we'd get some closure. Knowing he has to go back to the future, like the Teen O5 when Bendis brought them here, is kind of annoying. At least to me.

Duggan has sold me on Kid Cable, ngl.

But I'd still rather his slot go to someone other than the white dude that already has his own book.
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Hope already has him beat on that and her power manipulation is more stable than his. Her role in the Five is to literally synergize the powers of all 5 mutants
    Yeah, but exactly. Hope has to stay on Krakoa with the Five. Cortez doesn't.
    Last edited by H-E-D; 09-23-2020 at 04:29 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Harpoon View Post
    I don’t remember him saying anything about changing Manifold’s skin colour to make him look more Aboriginal.
    It's the implication.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyworthnoting View Post
    It's the implication.
    Idk I looked up aboriginal hair textures and there are a lot that fit with Manifold's new design. He probably just didn't want him and Frenzy to have the same hairstyle. I'm usually pretty suspicious of Marvel, but I really don't think there is malicious intent here.

BANNED

And why is yall hating on kid cable? He's not bad, plus he's going to space and maybe he gets to meet the silver surfer and norrin gives him his full power back.

BANNED

"he probably didn't want him and frenzy to have the same hairstyle" ������ as every white person in that same page has the same hair texture. Now everyone has straight hair.

I just had a thought about how Rogue and Gambit would have been perfect for this.
    They've been in tons of space epics so they'd be naturals for a book like this and would give this some more star power. They don't really fit Excalibur as well.
    I also hope we see more of Cerise, Xandra, Broo and the Starjammers. In fact, Broo seems like a more natural fit for the "teen genius in space" role than Wiz Kid.

Dream line-up:
    Brand (leader)
    Cortez
    Rogue
    Gambit
    Frenzy
    Manifold
    Cannonball (without Sunspot because he'd work better in X-Corp)
    + Kid Gladiator, Broo, Xandra and Cerise in supporting roles.