Page 12 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

The bigger question is "Why Magneto in space?"

Sure, space, metal, that lines up with his powers, but given his usual interests and his importance to the nation, it's odd for him to become the space guy of the Council Members.

What's the last word on Brand mutant status? Full mutant?

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Neat theory, though it runs into the 'disposable clone' thing that's plagued poor Maddie. My super dark theory is that Kid Cable is a clone made by Xavier to get Scott to quietly go along with everything. Remember, Scott, when directly asked if he's OK with what's going on near the end of HoXPoX, said he didn't care because he finally had his family with him. And OG Cable probably wouldn't have been OK working for Sinister and Apocalypse, for how much Sinister messed with his mother and how his entire life was supposed to be done to ensure Apocalypse never came to power.
    This contradicts what was already shown in X-force, X-termination and his own series.

Plus, OG Cable was nothing if not pragmatic, he could be there if he thought it would benefit mutantkind.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    She's half human, half alien. But she has the X-Gene, so that makes her a mutant.

I wouldn't call her half mutant, since any one can inherit the X-gene from a single parent.

Neat theory, though it runs into the 'disposable clone' thing that's plagued poor Maddie. My super dark theory is that Kid Cable is a clone made by Xavier to get Scott to quietly go along with everything. Remember, Scott, when directly asked if he's OK with what's going on near the end of HoXPoX, said he didn't care because he finally had his family with him. And OG Cable probably wouldn't have been OK working for Sinister and Apocalypse, for how much Sinister messed with his mother and how his entire life was supposed to be done to ensure Apocalypse never came to power.
    It would be far simpler for Xavier to just use his TP to manipulate Scott

But Scott is married to a powerful telepath, and has probably learned how to shield his mind somewhat from telepaths over the years. So this would be a clever way to get him to let his guard down and keep him dedicated to Krakoa, by giving him something he’s long wanted. Namely, his family and a semblance of normalcy. Or at least as normal as it can be considering.

It’s brilliant. And I love it. I’m sticking with his/her theory until proven false. Ha.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Gross 10char....
    Nope. 10char....

That would be plausible if not for that whole Teen Stryfe stuff in X-force in the future. Not to mention a sort of loop thing already happened between Kid Cable and OG Cable in his solo, with him having an idea for a bomb in his future arm for a certain purpose and low and behold there it was in his future arm. I think Marvel is pretty much all in on him being Cable, though he will eventually be sent back. This is just a phase in his character like it was for the O5.

Anyone know when we last saw the Peak before today's XoS issue?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    I wanna say one of the captain marvel runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Probably before Secret Wars?

SWORD got shelved in favor of Alpha Flight, and they had their own space station creatively called Alpha Flight Space Station shaped like a hate symbol

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    She's half human, half alien. But she has the X-Gene, so that makes her a mutant.

I wouldn't call her half mutant, since any one can inherit the X-gene from a single parent.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Abiga...nd_(Earth-616)
    Abigail Brand's father was an extraterrestrial. She inherited the X-Gene from her mother. She has the mutant ability to coat at least her hands in some type of blue energy flame that is potent enough to burn through most metals. Her tongue is shaped differently allowing her the ability to speak alien languages that humans cannot.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    But Scott is married to a powerful telepath, and has probably learned how to shield his mind somewhat from telepaths over the years. So this would be a clever way to get him to let his guard down and keep him dedicated to Krakoa, by giving him something he’s long wanted. Namely, his family and a semblance of normalcy. Or at least as normal as it can be considering.

It’s brilliant. And I love it. I’m sticking with his/her theory until proven false. Ha.
    Scott cant shield himself from Xavier. Heck Jean herself is susceptible to him (see Astonishing X-men)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    The bigger question is "Why Magneto in space?"

Sure, space, metal, that lines up with his powers, but given his usual interests and his importance to the nation, it's odd for him to become the space guy of the Council Members.
    Maybe elections? I support beak for the winter seat