Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 27333435363738 LastLast

Yeah, why are we acting like Apocalypse, Sinister, Mystique, and Shaw don’t all have their own agendas going?

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantor View Post
    Exactly get some inner conflicts going. Just because everyone is on the island doesn’t mean they won’t have their own agendas. Crime and conflict always exist and it would be fun to explore stuff. Like what if a group of the mutants farming the flowers just took some seeds and ran off to Monsanto to become rich. That’s a story I could see in xforce
    But all the mutants in Krakoa already have all the money they want for their whims. All monetary motivations for crime disappear. Even the Morlocks receive backpacks full of dollars to live comfortably in developments with golf courses in the United States. Once you make poverty and marginalization disappear, a lot of crime disappears..

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Bishop should replace Cable in this book IMO. This version of Cable should die in Otherworld, and be brought back as an amalgam of all Cables. Thereby simplifying him by kind of hitting the reset button. His origin then becomes “Cyclops’ son from an alternate future.” Which one? Doesn’t matter anymore. Take your pick. His future is erased now anyway.

They could even do away with the T-O virus, which is very played out as a part of his character, and just make him a badass soldier with psionic abilities and cool weapons. The Five would age him to his prime, meaning the age range he was during his heyday in the 90s (think Greg Capullo, Steve Skroce or Ian Churchill Cable).

But what about the timeline you say? This is where we reveal that Cyclops conspired with Sinister and broke Krakoa’s laws by cloning his son and sending him back to the future to do everything that he did before being killed by his younger self in Extermination. So the one who died wasn’t even the real Cable all along. Big mind blowing reveal. He did it because he wanted to give his son a new lease on life, and the chance to grow up on Krakoa with his family. Sadly, the teen version still died on Otherworld, but this new “rebooted” version knows his father as well, and has lots of jumbled memories of the time they spent together in different timelines. Basically he’s kind of like Logan in that he has scrambled memories, but in all timelines he was originally created to be a weapon. A super mutant, if you will. And was raised as a soldier. That’s the constant. That’s who he is distilled down to his core.

He joins X-Force with Logan and Domino and stays here on Earth, while Bishop runs Security in S.W.O.R.D. traipsing around outer space. Great trade off. I’m here for it!
    Lol you really need to make peace with Kid Cable

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    But all the mutants in Krakoa already have all the money they want for their whims. All monetary motivations for crime disappear. Even the Morlocks receive backpacks full of dollars to live comfortably in developments with golf courses in the United States. Once you make poverty and marginalization disappear, a lot of crime disappears..
    Wouldn't Gene Nation be sent to join them? And for the truly greedy a backpack full of money is never enough.
    My flag is bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    Wouldn't Gene Nation be sent to join them? And for the truly greedy a backpack full of money is never enough.
    Really greedy people like Shaw will still be problematic, but all people who commit crimes because they have lived in a marginalized environment with no opportunities will not.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    Wouldn't Gene Nation be sent to join them?
    If it wasn't retconned in later appearances, Gene Nation mutants looked down on the Morlocks as their "weak ancestors" and were quite distant to them allready when Storm visited The Hill and had them resettled to an african village.

Afterwards there never was much interaction between the two groups and while the Morlocks would frequently show up again to get attacked or murdered (someone seems to always snap new Morlocks into existence to suffer), Gene Nation mostly dwindled into obscurity (Dark Beast briefly used some in a Generation X appearance and Havok had one as part of his Brotherhood).
    The last appearance of Gene Nation as a group was during the Weapon X series, where they were also shown to have all gotten killed by Agent Zero aka. Maverick. I think at least two other members were later shown as still alive, but also got killed in these appearances.

Overall it seems that until Dawn of X the only still living member of the group was Marrow, who's connection to them has long become shaky, especialy since she quickly begann to identify herself as Morlock again, losing the "grrr weak Morlocks attitude" from her original appearance. Which however makes sense as she was the only member of the group who actualy was a Morlock and not just a second or third generation offspring of those Mikhail transported to the hill.

As far as i've seen no other Gene Nation mutant has been shown as being on Krakoa and given their past it would make sense for them to be very low on the revival list.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Lol you really need to make peace with Kid Cable
    Never! He is a mockery.

SWORD-1-variant-Terry-Dodson.jpg

Variant cover by DODSON

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Really greedy people like Shaw will still be problematic, but all people who commit crimes because they have lived in a marginalized environment with no opportunities will not.
    I assume with krakoa being a country there are things people are allowed to do and not allowed to do. These things called laws. Often these laws prevent people from doing things they enjoy. Like drugs, sex with children, selling people’s bodies for fun and profit. Watching animals kill each other for fun and profit. A UBI won’t get rid of that stuff. Crime will always exist

Well I guess we now know why Cable is on the team. He’s kinda needed due to holding the keys to the Peak.

https://aiptcomics.com/2020/12/04/ma...w-s-w-o-r-d-1/

Kind of an underwhelming preview, still excited for next week though!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post

Lame preview, but I’ll take it. We already saw the next couple panels wordless anyway. I wonder if that’s Cable talking to Magneto or if we’ll actually get the mystery telepath in the first issue? Probably Cable though since he said “sir”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Well I guess we now know why Cable is on the team. He’s kinda needed due to holding the keys to the Peak.
    If only they gave the sword to someone else

Forcefields for everyone! sallyblevins's Avatar

I really hope that we discover the secret telepath this wednesday. Apart from Tangerine, i would be shock if its Alison Double from the Alan moore Captain britain. 31CDE450-8CD0-47D0-AA4E-57285E4E51E8.jpg

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post

Really excited for this. Always knew there was lots of potential in SWORD and Brand especially.

And everything Al Ewing touches seems to turn to good these days.