Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Definitely expect Ewing to great things with Frenzy. Really looking forward to this.
    Anyone else interested in what Magneto abd Taki talk about??
    GrindrStone(D)

More and more this title sounds like is going to be my favorite of the bunch, and a title that will present an alternative to the Krakoa narrative by having Mutants who are not aligned to the new mutant nation as part of the cast. Manifold already seems like it will be a new favorite for me, and I am looking forward to seeing the rest. It is kind of funny that the titles that have my interest right now are the ones more peripheral to the main X-Men narrative (Hellions, SWORD) instead of the more connected ones (Marauders, X-Factor, Excalibur), all of which I have already dropped).
    Last edited by Technopriest; 11-11-2020 at 05:17 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Technopriest View Post
    More and more this title sounds like is going to be my favorite of the bunch, and a title that will present an alternative to the Krakoa narrative by having Mutants who are not aligned to the new mutant nation as part of the cast. Manifold already seems like it will be a new favorite for me, and I am looking forward to seeing the rest. It is kind of funny that the titles that have my interest right now are the ones more peripheral to the main X-Men narrative (Hellions, SWORD) instead of the more connected ones (Marauders, X-Factor, Excalibur, all of which I have already dropped).
    Krakoa is smothering the entire line. It’s just a vague utopian society that we really need to dig into. I would give my right arm to have a comic about Bishop being a law enforcement officer on krakoa like he was in mutant town years ago and showing us the seedy underbelly of krakoa. We need a ground level perspective of krakoa life and the fact we can’t get it is incredibly frustrating

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantor View Post
    Krakoa is smothering the entire line. It’s just a vague utopian society that we really need to dig into. I would give my right arm to have a comic about Bishop being a law enforcement officer on krakoa like he was in mutant town years ago and showing us the seedy underbelly of krakoa. We need a ground level perspective of krakoa life and the fact we can’t get it is incredibly frustrating
    Krakoa does not have a police force.

Yeah, this sounds nice because it’s something different. I like the Krakoa setup, but having to deal with it in EVERY x-book can be tiring. I’m still hoping for a new Uncanny X-Men title where a team moves back to the mansion (or somewhere in NY) and interacts with the rest of the super hero community.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Krakoa does not have a police force.
    Nor does it have an "underbelly" for which a police force would be necessary.

What a lot of readers (and those who are clearly not reading the books...by their own admission) seem to be forgetting is that Krakoa as an established recognised Mutant Nation is only a few months old. Some of the "societal separations" have not even begun to form. If they ever will form at all...seeing as how the QC (and the writers) would most likely not encourage such developments so as to truly further differentiate from human societies.
    (Not that "seedy underbellies" can't occur organically...but that it will take some time and may actually be allowed)
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I refuse to believe that Toad and Blob and Gene Nation haven't formed a 'seedy underbelly' on Krakoa yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    I refuse to believe that Toad and Blob and Gene Nation haven't formed a 'seedy underbelly' on Krakoa yet.
    They could operate out of the back room of the Green Lagoon with the Nasty Boys. My idea would be that after Sebastion Shaw gets what's coming to him, the Marauders would need someone to help move the black market drugs. Pyro would say that he has an idea and lead them straight to the bar...
    My flag is bacon.

I hear you loud and clear. It is ridiculous to see that Cable is getting place in 3 and a half books in almost the same capacity. Yet you have this great Captain that is buried under plot in the one team book he's in. This sounds like a perfect vehicle for someone like Bishop, minus the psionics, the two have same skill set. Hey X-Men shenanigans, what can you say!

Bishop should replace Cable in this book IMO. This version of Cable should die in Otherworld, and be brought back as an amalgam of all Cables. Thereby simplifying him by kind of hitting the reset button. His origin then becomes “Cyclops’ son from an alternate future.” Which one? Doesn’t matter anymore. Take your pick. His future is erased now anyway.

They could even do away with the T-O virus, which is very played out as a part of his character, and just make him a badass soldier with psionic abilities and cool weapons. The Five would age him to his prime, meaning the age range he was during his heyday in the 90s (think Greg Capullo, Steve Skroce or Ian Churchill Cable).

But what about the timeline you say? This is where we reveal that Cyclops conspired with Sinister and broke Krakoa’s laws by cloning his son and sending him back to the future to do everything that he did before being killed by his younger self in Extermination. So the one who died wasn’t even the real Cable all along. Big mind blowing reveal. He did it because he wanted to give his son a new lease on life, and the chance to grow up on Krakoa with his family. Sadly, the teen version still died on Otherworld, but this new “rebooted” version knows his father as well, and has lots of jumbled memories of the time they spent together in different timelines. Basically he’s kind of like Logan in that he has scrambled memories, but in all timelines he was originally created to be a weapon. A super mutant, if you will. And was raised as a soldier. That’s the constant. That’s who he is distilled down to his core.

He joins X-Force with Logan and Domino and stays here on Earth, while Bishop runs Security in S.W.O.R.D. traipsing around outer space. Great trade off. I’m here for it!

Ariel would have been a great addition to that book

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    They could operate out of the back room of the Green Lagoon with the Nasty Boys. My idea would be that after Sebastion Shaw gets what's coming to him, the Marauders would need someone to help move the black market drugs. Pyro would say that he has an idea and lead them straight to the bar...
    Exactly get some inner conflicts going. Just because everyone is on the island doesn’t mean they won’t have their own agendas. Crime and conflict always exist and it would be fun to explore stuff. Like what if a group of the mutants farming the flowers just took some seeds and ran off to Monsanto to become rich. That’s a story I could see in xforce

Exactly get some inner conflicts going. Just because everyone is on the island doesn’t mean they won’t have their own agendas. Crime and conflict always exist and it would be fun to explore stuff. Like what if a group of the mutants farming the flowers just took some seeds and ran off to Monsanto to become rich. That’s a story I could see in xforce
    Because they'll be safe to live a high profile life outside KraKoa!?1?
    GrindrStone(D)

That’s pretty much how we ended up at X of Swords. Apocalypse had his own agenda and now we’re seeing that play out.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.