Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    BANNED

The one thing THE ONE THING that was interesting about kid cable was that in extermination it was implied he was a new timeline a correction to cables failures. This being part of a loop going back to of cable makes the story meaningless like O5 arc. Duggan is a hack!!!

Wiz Kid! This warms my heart.

Taki's always been in vehicles, like his wheelchair, car, choppers, etc... Theoretically, couldnt he create an exo-suit using his powers so he can walk?

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I just had a thought about how Rogue and Gambit would have been perfect for this.
    They've been in tons of space epics so they'd be naturals for a book like this and would give this some more star power. They don't really fit Excalibur as well.
    I also hope we see more of Cerise, Xandra, Broo and the Starjammers. In fact, Broo seems like a more natural fit for the "teen genius in space" role than Wiz Kid.

Dream line-up:
    Brand (leader)
    Cortez
    Rogue
    Gambit
    Frenzy
    Manifold
    Cannonball (without Sunspot because he'd work better in X-Corp)
    + Kid Gladiator, Broo, Xandra and Cerise in supporting roles.
    Good line up, I'd want to read that except that X-Factor and (especially) Hellions have convinced me (for now) to sit back and roll with the wacky. I'm completely onboard with giving some of the batshit-crazy lineups we've been getting in the Krakoan era a shot because so far, they've delivered.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Because at the time they didn't know the hidden aliens were hostile, and they thought they were friends because of their history with them. They only took part in the attack by shutting down the weapon systems of the armada in an attempt to force them to explain why they were bringing an armada to Earth. And its not the job of the Avengers to make sure Alpha Flight is doing their job. Alpha Flight is supposed to be the ones preventing this sort of thing, and they totally failed to realize the moon was occupied and a massive armada was coming towards Earth.
    Thousands are dead floating in space but it's not the Avengers fault, they thought they sided with the friendly aliens

By making unilateral decisions on behalf of Earth, the Avengers took away Alpha Flight's chance to get ahead of the invasion

I hope Fabian Cortez is the breakout character of this book like Scalphu— I mean Greycrow is in Hellions. Heck, he appeared out of nowhere and died a few times and as far as I know, never got a real origin.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Taki's always been in vehicles, like his wheelchair, car, choppers, etc... Theoretically, couldnt he create an exo-suit using his powers so he can walk?

I'm assuming if he's been resurrected he can walk normally? I don't remember the specifics of his disability, I'm just glad he's being used. That little side plot during Inferno was so sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    I'm assuming if he's been resurrected he can walk normally? I don't remember the specifics of his disability, I'm just glad he's being used. That little side plot during Inferno was so sweet.
    He wasnt resurrected bc he wasnt dead. He's still in a wheelchair which suggests that he is still paralyzed

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Honestly, Kid Cable could indeed become a new character... in a sense. We know he has to get back to the future to live out his life, grow up and come back to this era to do all the things he did in the past, from forming X-Force to joining the X-men to raising Hope in the future so she could re-start the mutant race (or species, sub-species, whatever), right? And ultimately he grows old and dies by his own hand, thus he's trapped in a loop (like the film 'Looper').

But what if he didn't have to do that. What if he takes off and joins S.W.O.R.D. and Cyclops and Jean hatch a plan, with Hope's help, to free their son from this burden and give him a new life here in the present day? They could simply break the rules of the Resurrection Protocols and clone him, sending that clone back to his future to do all that, and all along the real Cable stayed here and the one he killed was a clone. Boom. Mind blown. It would negate everything we knew about OG Cable, in that he was basically a clone like Stryfe (albeit one with the T-O infection which dampens his powers like the original Nathan), but it would work and free him from this trap (time loop).

Just a thought. I'd much prefer Kid Cable going back to the future and them resurrecting the older version to give him a new lease on life, freeing him from the trap that way. But this way works too.
    Neat theory, though it runs into the 'disposable clone' thing that's plagued poor Maddie. My super dark theory is that Kid Cable is a clone made by Xavier to get Scott to quietly go along with everything. Remember, Scott, when directly asked if he's OK with what's going on near the end of HoXPoX, said he didn't care because he finally had his family with him. And OG Cable probably wouldn't have been OK working for Sinister and Apocalypse, for how much Sinister messed with his mother and how his entire life was supposed to be done to ensure Apocalypse never came to power.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Thousands are dead floating in space but it's not the Avengers fault, they thought they sided with the friendly aliens

By making unilateral decisions on behalf of Earth, the Avengers took away Alpha Flight's chance to get ahead of the invasion
    The Avengers definitely screwed up, but 'took away Alpha Flight's chance'? Alpha Flight literally did nothing and didn't get involved until the invasion was underway. They totally failed, and Brand was in charge. If AF didn't even know about it, then that's still a failure on their part because THAT IS LITERALLY THEIR JOB!

And the 'unilateral decision based on Earth' is funny if SWORD is going to be Krakoa NASA. Alpha Flight was supposed to be a unilateral Earth group, and having failed to lead that Brand is running away to start a new organization that makes unilateral decisions for Earth controlled entirely by Krakoa.

The Avengers are cops, they should have kicked it up the ladder instead of going rogue

Brand can't lead Alpha Flight if the Avengers are going to be so incestuous and only trust themselves.

I hope brand and magneto hook up

Mighty Member

??? This argument is obtuse. Alpha Flight is a space organization. They're in space all the time. They monitor space, all the time.

They failed to address the situation, at all.

X-men managed to take part, before Alpha Flight did.

When your sole job is "Stop alien invasions" and you don't even make it to the days long alien invasion that's all across the planet, you kinda suck ass at your job.

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    I hope brand and magneto hook up
    Gross 10char....

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Neat theory, though it runs into the 'disposable clone' thing that's plagued poor Maddie. My super dark theory is that Kid Cable is a clone made by Xavier to get Scott to quietly go along with everything. Remember, Scott, when directly asked if he's OK with what's going on near the end of HoXPoX, said he didn't care because he finally had his family with him. And OG Cable probably wouldn't have been OK working for Sinister and Apocalypse, for how much Sinister messed with his mother and how his entire life was supposed to be done to ensure Apocalypse never came to power.
    Oh wow. That’s a damn good theory and I love it!