Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    I don't want to judge this too harshly, since Ewing is a great writer and we know so little. But Brand being angry that a small group of people made decisions involving aliens and endangering the world, and in response running away to Krakoa to found a new organization ALSO led by a small group of people making decisions for the world, feels kind of hypocritical? And she didn't do anything in Empyre. Alpha Flight sucked, but going from an international organization to one representing the interests of a single nation is a step down in the legitimacy department, particularly when you're claiming to represent the entire planet.
    What happened on Empyre to make her angry?

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    I love his outfit!

Are there more for the rest of the team!?
    Here ya go. They all look wonderful, don't they?
    Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Oh, here is a better look at the character designs:
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...s-in-s-w-o-r-d

Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Carol was with the Avengers, and they had a space War and Abigail wasn't privy to it until after the space war happened.

That said, it's odd that Brand is so mad at Carol when Carol gave up her position and put Brand in charge, specifically because she was always split and not focused on one job.

Love the costumes but why are they dressed like showboarders?

I do appreciate them chopping Brand's hair so she isnt confused with Polaris

Carol (the former head of Alpha Flight), found out about a secret alien infiltration on the Moon that had been hiding themselves from all known modes of detection

Instead of telling Brand or anyone at Alpha Flight, Carol and the Avengers decided to have a picnic there and then aid them in the mass murder of Kree and Skrulls

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Carol (the former head of Alpha Flight), found out about a secret alien infiltration on the Moon that had been hiding themselves from all known modes of detection

Instead of telling Brand or anyone at Alpha Flight, Carol and the Avengers decided to have a picnic there and then aid them in the mass murder of Kree and Skrulls
    This is an impressive amount of spin. You could be a politician.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Love the costumes but why are they dressed like showboarders?
    I do appreciate them chopping Brand's hair so she isnt confused with Polaris
    I love the explorer aka snowboarder look. They'll be in dangerous alien environments.
    And, yeah, a Brand with short hair who never takes off her shades perfectly separates her from Polaris. The irony of Magneto being in a book with a green-haired female mutant and it's not his daughter.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I'm not familiar with Wiz Kid, what's his story in a nutshell and where has he shown up before? I can look it up of course but I prefer hearing what you legends have to say.
    Old Marvel Handbook entry on Wiz Kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    These are the best team costumes of the current era. Blows X-Factor and New Mutants out of the water
    X-Factor still takes the cake for me. Those are the best costumes any of those characters have ever had. Barring, maybe, Prodigy.

These designs are solid... but if I'm being honest, I prefer Manifold's Avengers duds.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    I love the explorer aka snowboarder look. They'll be in dangerous alien environments.
    And, yeah, a Brand with short hair who never takes off her shades perfectly separates her from Polaris. The irony of Magneto being in a book with a green-haired female mutant and it's not his daughter.
    LOL...they look like SSX characters.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    So...not Banshee but Fabian Cortez...hmmm...Interesting.
    I love Valerio's art so I'm definitely in. I'm not at all familiar with Whiz-Kid and Kid Cable does nothing for me so I'm hoping Ewing does his magic and changes my mind.
    On this note...looks like I'll be dropping X-Force at the end of XoS after all.

Not every lightened skin is a colourism conspiracy and agenda by the white supremacists running the industry to remove Blacks and minorities from the comic books...y'alls just being and sounding twitter-ridiculous now.
    My guy literally said that he made him lighter and gave him straight hair so he could look more aboriginal, as if aboriginals don't have all types of different hair and dark skin colour🥴🥴. It's literally like saying "oh there's a black person, let's change him to white so he looks more American" straight racism.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyworthnoting View Post
    My guy literally said that he made him lighter and gave him straight hair so he could look more aboriginal, as if aboriginals don't have all types of different hair and dark skin colour����. It's literally like saying "oh there's a black person, let's change him to white so he looks more American" straight racism.
    I don’t remember him saying anything about changing Manifold’s skin colour to make him look more Aboriginal.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Oh, here is a better look at the character designs:
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...s-in-s-w-o-r-d

I kinda like this color code trend
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I'm loving Valerio's naturally curly-haired Manifold. He could always re-lock if he feels like it.
    As a person with locs...they are not that easy to form and maintain. (sometimes I wish I could just chop it all off and go back to my curls...hair care would be so much simpler)
    Manifold is an Australian Aborginal, they have the same hair types as people of India because they are actually more related to Polynesian people! So some have curly hair like Indian people, and some have straight hair!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Avengers found out that Cotati were hiding on the moon and the Kree/Skrull Alliance were on the way. Carol and T'Challa bring up letting Alpha Flight know, but are convinced they don't have time. Carol had left Alpha Flight recently and Brand was in charge. The Cotati reveal themselves to be the bad guys after the Avengers shut down the Alliance weapons in an effort to force them to talk first and shoot later. Then all of Empyre.

Thing for me is that despite the Avengers not telling Alpha Flight/Brand what was happening, its Alpha Flight's job to be on top of alien shenanigans. That they were completely unaware of what was happening and had no idea the Cotati had a presence on the moon is a failure on their part. Its not the job of the Avengers, F4 or any other super group to act as their tip service so they can do their job.

Empyre Aftermath has Brand slap Carol for not letting them know what was up. Carol and Tony definitely screwed up, but Brand totally failed as a leader of Alpha Flight and its baffling to me that her response is to give up on that and turn around and start a SECOND organization after completely failing to lead her first.