Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

If you told me 25 years ago that Fabian Cortez would be on the same x-team as Cable and frickin’ TAKI, I’d have told you to get the eff out of here with your crazy made up roster.

I love Taki! I can’t wait.
    Last edited by Thundershot; 09-23-2020 at 05:25 PM.

I love that Wizkid is finally back!!! There was no reason why he shouldn't have been in the New Mutants after Inferno or at least in Generation X. Powers like his, Forge and Madison Jefferies should be indispensable, just like telepathy. I'm glad Joanna is on a team. It was such a wasted effort to make her more heroic after AoX.
    As for Sam and Bobby, I think they'll make some appearances throughout the series. They both were in the Empyre Fallout wedding issue.
    Too bad Adam-X isn't on the team. Or Lifeguard. Both are half aliens too and are need of updating.
    Cortez is a wait and see for me. He's obviously there to be the foil for Brand who has his own agenda.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I don't know if that is really Fabian Cortez though.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Looks like it. He even has the same stupid smile and pose and I imagine the artist used this image as reference material

Ewing writing a mutant space team is very good news.

He said he was in charge of the cosmic side of the MU, but Hickman being Hickman, I was afraid he would be doing hiw own thing with the Shi'ar, The Broods, etc, and ignore anything happening in Guardians of the Galaxy or Empyre.
    Now we now the X-books and the Guardians will be on the same page.

The whole line-up is as random as Hellion's. I'm still bitter that once again there are no Academy X kids in the line-up and that writers use a teen version of a popular adult rather than the actual existing teen characters.
    But at least we'll get never seen before interactions. And it's interesting to have two Acolytes in the same team. Maybe we'll get an update on other characters like Neophyte or Amelia.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Ewing was expected to make weird picks, it's something he likes. And Hellions already made me eat crows, so I'm looking forward to it.

Fabian Cortez looks so good.

I will definitely be picking this up!

Sunspot & Cannonball do seem like obvious choices...

01. X-Men in Space
    02. Ewing's New Avengers

But in Ewing I trust!

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Ewing writing a mutant space team is very good news.

He said he was in charge of the cosmic side of the MU, but Hickman being Hickman, I was afraid he would be doing hiw own thing with the Shi'ar, The Broods, etc, and ignore anything happening in Guardians of the Galaxy or Empyre.
    Now we now the X-books and the Guardians will be on the same page.

The whole line-up is as random as Hellion's. I'm still bitter that once again there are no Academy X kids in the line-up and that writers use a teen version of a popular adult rather than the actual existing teen characters.
    But at least we'll get never seen before interactions. And it's interesting to have two Acolytes in the same team. Maybe we'll get an update on other characters like Neophyte or Amelia.
    That is not a good thing. For me anyway. I don't give 2 fuks about Guardians or whatever. Let the the x-men do its own thing.
    I only continue to read X-books because I don't spend any money on it.

This looks rad! An interesting lineup and the potential for mutant space-faring hi-jinx!
    Last edited by Odd Rödney; 02-18-2021 at 03:23 PM. Reason: Blue text became too cumbersome.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

I really like that Wiz Kid is in a comic the more I think about it. Xavier is practically the only mainstream representative of people in wheelchairs and now that he is walking it is something that has been lost.

Astonishing Member

20200923_101248.jpg

The cover without printer errors

Frenzy and Manifold look black to me.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Do we have confirmation that's Cortez? Has there been an official announcement for this book yet?

Mighty Member

Will support this book as long as Frenzy is properly used. The rest of the cast is so so to me.

Sunspot and Cannonball seem like they'd end up in this book and that would be a huge plus for me.