Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    BANNED

So I guess they rebuild armor and conquer the multiverse in x of shields

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    But Scott is married to a powerful telepath, and has probably learned how to shield his mind somewhat from telepaths over the years. So this would be a clever way to get him to let his guard down and keep him dedicated to Krakoa, by giving him something he’s long wanted. Namely, his family and a semblance of normalcy. Or at least as normal as it can be considering.

It’s brilliant. And I love it. I’m sticking with his/her theory until proven false. Ha.
    Hah, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    That would be plausible if not for that whole Teen Stryfe stuff in X-force in the future. Not to mention a sort of loop thing already happened between Kid Cable and OG Cable in his solo, with him having an idea for a bomb in his future arm for a certain purpose and low and behold there it was in his future arm. I think Marvel is pretty much all in on him being Cable, though he will eventually be sent back. This is just a phase in his character like it was for the O5.
    To be clear I'm half joking with as dark of a suggestion as I could think of. If its already been tossed in something haven't read that's fine. I'm not interested in Kid Cable so I'm not 100% sure on him. I will say 'bomb in his arm' is a pretty obvious move for someone like Cable, so its not a hard guess. I've always just thought that it would be weird for him to be OK taking orders from Sinister, who kidnapped him as a baby and did....too much to list with Madelyne. And all of the time travel and cloning and junk was supposed to be about stopping Apocalypse in the future, so its super weird to me to see him be OK with Apocalypse in charge. And if we're all being honest here, it would not the weirdest or wildest retcon to happen to a member of the Summers family.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Scott cant shield himself from Xavier. Heck Jean herself is susceptible to him (see Astonishing X-men)
    I always wondered if Xavier put backdoors into most of the X-Men just in case...
    Dark does not mean deep.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I always wondered if Xavier put backdoors into most of the X-Men just in case...
    Well he certainly put them in the clones

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I don't know if it's a full order series or limited series, I think it's going to be a full year at least for the Marvel Cosmic emphasis next year, so at minimum 12 issues!

This is Abigail Brand, a half mutant, half alien, taking her toys to Krakoa because she is incredibly and justifiably pissed at the Avengers and FF right now!

This appears to be a team of all mutants so I am pretty sure this is under Krakoa's banner, especially with Magneto, Fabian Cortez, and Frenzy on the team!

Magneto and Abigail Brand have a good working relationship from the Extinction Team period so I am not surprised that Abigail goes to Magneto for permission to reform S.W.O.R.D. as interstellar space agency under Krakoa's oversight!
    And the X-men have never messed with anything involving it in any shape or form of course...oh wait they did...multiple times...whelp here's hopping she does better THIS time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    He did destroy some space knights, so I’m sure that will come into play
    What did he do to them? And why did he do it?

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    What did he do to them? And why did he do it?
    He blew them up bc they tried to take the sword away

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    He blew them up bc they tried to take the sword away
    And also wanted to destroy the Earth to recreaste Galador.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    The bigger question is "Why Magneto in space?"

Sure, space, metal, that lines up with his powers, but given his usual interests and his importance to the nation, it's odd for him to become the space guy of the Council Members.
    Magneto is Krakoa´s ambassador after all he worked with the Shiar for a while on Mike Crey´s X-men Legacy, He also travelled for a long time in space with the High Evolutionary and became friendly with Breakworld, the cosmic race who build the space bullet on Astonishing X-men. But I think the main reason for this is because the Phalanx are the main enemy according to HoX, his powers and his knowledge of the future would help to keep some events from happening, I expect to see Cypher/Doug as well at some point in the book for this same reason. Also on Moira´s 9 life the mutants end going to shiar space as a last refuge so keeping a link with them and develop it seems like a good step of caution in case everything ends badly again for mutants on earth.

Now I am picturing Magneto and Super-Skrull having a diplomatic meeting lol , this is going to be interesting.

Cortez is really a wild card my guess is that he was called by Brand because Krakoa or not Krakoa, he and Magneto have too much bad blood to be friendly, their interactions are going to be full of tension unless they make peace out of scene.

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    I hope brand and magneto hook up
    I would really like this but I think she´s still with Hank last I knew but a friendship would be nice they actually have a lot in common.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 09-23-2020 at 08:22 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Hah, thanks

To be clear I'm half joking with as dark of a suggestion as I could think of. If its already been tossed in something haven't read that's fine. I'm not interested in Kid Cable so I'm not 100% sure on him. I will say 'bomb in his arm' is a pretty obvious move for someone like Cable, so its not a hard guess. I've always just thought that it would be weird for him to be OK taking orders from Sinister, who kidnapped him as a baby and did....too much to list with Madelyne. And all of the time travel and cloning and junk was supposed to be about stopping Apocalypse in the future, so its super weird to me to see him be OK with Apocalypse in charge. And if we're all being honest here, it would not the weirdest or wildest retcon to happen to a member of the Summers family.
    How the bomb in the arm thing worked was Kid Cable had planned to give these Space Knights his older selves time machine in his arm so they could save their planet. He obviously planned to sabotage it. He didn't know how to, but he thought of the idea of putting a bomb in the arm instead of a time machine and the bomb appeared, replacing the TM already there. We also saw Og Cable put it in there in a flashback, hence the time loop.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    And also wanted to destroy the Earth to recreaste Galador.
    I thought the Space Knights were on the "Good" side of the spectrum? Like the Guardians or Nova Corps.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    I thought the Space Knights were on the "Good" side of the spectrum? Like the Guardians or Nova Corps.
    These were new Space Knights who actually turned out to be criminals.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyworthnoting View Post
    It's the implication.
    aka you making it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Cortez is really a wild card my guess is that he was called by Brand because Krakoa or not Krakoa, he and Magneto have too much bad blood to be friendly, their interactions are going to be full of tension unless they make peace out of scene.
    That's the kind of drama that must be played out on screen/on the page, and I'm here for it! It'll be interesting to see how Cortez manages to twist this space assignment into his usual self-aggrandizing scheming.

I'm not a Frenzy fan (Justice For Sharon Friedlander!!!) but I'm willing to see how she's handled here. If I still don't like her...
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    That's the kind of drama that must be played out on screen/on the page, and I'm here for it! It'll be interesting to see how Cortez manages to twist this space assignment into his usual self-aggrandizing scheming.
    Agreed he´s the kind of character who would raise a civil war for his own self interest while not losing his charismatic facade with his followers, he´s like MCU Loki before there was one on the big screen.

I'm not a Frenzy fan (Justice For Sharon Friedlander!!!) but I'm willing to see how she's handled here. If I still don't like her...
    I agree Frenzy has things to answer for but before Mike Carey left she wanted to make up for some of it so I guess Ewing is going to write the sequel to that.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 09-23-2020 at 10:22 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022