Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quick Thoughts

-Manifold is finally in the X-men family of characters,He is one of better designed new characters

- X-men in space should always be reoccurring concept so I hope this book does well

- I don't really like Wiz Kid but at least they are using Asian Male character.

- I can think of bunch of characters who would make sense as additions Warlock, Cypher, Broo, Lifeguard, Warbird, Hephzibah, and any X-Men who has spent extended time in space.

- Al Ewing wrote Sunspot and Cannonball in Avengers book right? He is the one responsible for Sunspot progess forward as a character right?

Overall I am excited about the concept I think could easy become a mainstay concept like how Mutant black ops X-force and Mutant detectives Xfactor are things you want to see regardless of the line. Next I hope they figure out that Excalibur should be Exiles well at least mutants keep the time and dimension safe.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

So...not Banshee but Fabian Cortez...hmmm...Interesting.
    I love Valerio's art so I'm definitely in. I'm not at all familiar with Whiz-Kid and Kid Cable does nothing for me so I'm hoping Ewing does his magic and changes my mind.
    On this note...looks like I'll be dropping X-Force at the end of XoS after all.

Not every lightened skin is a colourism conspiracy and agenda by the white supremacists running the industry to remove Blacks and minorities from the comic books...y'alls just being and sounding twitter-ridiculous now.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Not every lightened skin is a colourism conspiracy and agenda by the white supremacists running the industry to remove Blacks and minorities from the comic books...y'alls just being and sounding twitter-ridiculous now.
    I think you can make your point without insulting people who care about the issue.

Astonishing Member

So...not Banshee but Fabian Cortez...hmmm...Interesting.
    I love Valerio's art so I'm definitely in. I'm not at all familiar with Whiz-Kid and Kid Cable does nothing for me so I'm hoping Ewing does his magic and changes my mind.
    On this note...looks like I'll be dropping X-Force at the end of XoS after all.

Way to be dismissive...

Media especially comic book media has a history of whitewashing PoC. (Skintone, facial features, etc) to have those characters appear more white-european.

Whether it's intentional or unintentional is besides the point it happens way too often and needs to be called out EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

That art looks very Larraz inspired

Valerio's art has definitely changed recently in a very good way...from what little I've seen, his Empyre pages were gorgeous to look at.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 09-22-2020 at 08:39 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Way to be dismissive...

Media especially comic book media has a history of whitewashing PoC. (Skintone, facial features, etc) to have those characters appear more white-european.

Whether it's intentional or unintentional is besides the point it happens way too often and needs to be called out EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.
    You are right of course...it needs to be called out EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. when it's proven...PROVEN...to be a deliberate attempt at whitewashing. (Which this instance wasn't such, as explained by the artist himself in his official tweet.)

What if that’s Adam x-treme

Astonishing Member

You are right of course...it needs to be called out EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. when it's proven...PROVEN...to be a deliberate attempt at whitewashing. (Which this instance wasn't such, as explained by the artist himself in his official tweet.)
    Yeah, no. Deliberate or no. No one's asking for the head of the artist/colorist responsible but you also can't police/dismiss people's reaction to whitewashing of PoC in 2020 when this type of crap has been happening to their favorite characters for DECADES. Storm has been going thru this in Maurauders and Storm and Monet just went thru this in Giant Sized Storm.

You trying to brush this away as a non-issue is just perplexing to be honest.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Way to be dismissive...

Definitely needs to be called out. Just ignore the nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Definitely needs to be called out. Just ignore the nonsense.
    Yes and as we've seen from recent examples, when its called out, Marvel has been receptive to fixing it. The time to complain is BEFORE the issue comes out, not after it goes to print and nothing can be done

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Yes and as we've seen from recent examples, when its called out, Marvel has been receptive to fixing it. The time to complain is BEFORE the issue comes out, not after it goes to print and nothing can be done
    Completely agreed.

Its not the artist. Its the colorist and the editors that keep f'n up with the skin colors.

At some point, though, a call-out should not be necessary. Individuals at Marvel should learn from past mistakes and not repeat them in future activity. If they keep making the same mistake over and over, in spite of being told over and over not to make it, it stops being an accident and starts becoming a pattern. Either a subconscious culture problem or a conscious and deliberate act.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Person: You shouldn't speak out about colorism

Also Person: The artist talk about it and explain it was early in process will look differently later. So we know it isn't a deliberate attempt.

Why did artist say anything? Because people were speaking out about it. Talking about it actually got some clarity. How does staying quiet help here? Not saying anything about it has gotten us years of Sunspot being colored wrong to the point where people have the nerve to say hey look Sunspot is colored lighter all the time him being lighter in the movie is correct because hey look at all times he was colored lighter in the comics not calling out "accidents" does actually have a cost.