Page 20 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I mean we can assume that but canon wise unless it's flat out said to be the contrary he's still a mutant. A definitive answer would still be appreciated, I'm convinced editorial just tells the writers just not to address it Wanda is such touchy topic.
    Honestly that epilogue with Teddy infuriated me in Empyre. Yeah, let's shit all over the guy trying to make positive change in the universe IMMEDIATELY in order to hype up the mutants and total failure Abigail Brand.

I don't think Wiccan has had much interaction with Magneto. He has a relationship with his mother, but the only time I can think of him interacting with Magneto was Children's Crusade and I might be completely misremembering.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I donīt think Ewing made that scene to shit over Teddy it may not seem that way but i think this will be good for teddy in the long term because during Empyre Reed Richards, Iron Man, Black Panther and Cap America did most of the fight with the Cotati, Teddy was mostly helping them along and leading his army so they could work coordinated during the fight so my guess is that this time he will have a more active role defeating whoever attacked him and his people and I am pretty sure his dialogue is meant to be ambiguous so we donīt learn too soon the storyline.

It will be interesting to see S.W.O.R.D team work because as individuals they donīt really have much in common and those that do like Magneto, Frenzy and Fabian Cortez bring a lot of tension to the story so it will be interesting to see all the clashing personalities coming together to fight cosmic threats.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Honestly that epilogue with Teddy infuriated me in Empyre. Yeah, let's shit all over the guy trying to make positive change in the universe IMMEDIATELY in order to hype up the mutants and total failure Abigail Brand.

I don't think Wiccan has had much interaction with Magneto. He has a relationship with his mother, but the only time I can think of him interacting with Magneto was Children's Crusade and I might be completely misremembering.
    This post actually made me feel so good because for years it has felt like the other way around.

I am looking forward to Ewing on Sword. I can only imagine what he will do with cosmic mutants etc.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    This post actually made me feel so good because for years it has felt like the other way around.

I am looking forward to Ewing on Sword. I can only imagine what he will do with cosmic mutants etc.
    I honestly don't remember other heroes explicitly showing up, stepping on and insulting the X-men. I know editorial was sidelining them, but I don't remember them being openly disrespected in stories. But I didn't read everything, so if that happened somewhere I could have missed it

I honestly don't remember other heroes explicitly showing up, stepping on and insulting the X-men. I know editorial was sidelining them, but I don't remember them being openly disrespected in stories. But I didn't read everything, so if that happened somewhere I could have missed it
    A vs X. Inhumans vs. Avengers. But i can admit that is from my perspective but that is where i answer most stuff from unless im being purposefully objective which i would usually state in advance. So it's not like FACT FACT but it's more my observation. So you may not have interpreted some of the stories the same which or missed them as you stated which is cool. I only mentioned it because it surprised me that i felt that way after reading it.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    A vs X. Inhumans vs. Avengers. But i can admit that is from my perspective but that is where i answer most stuff from unless im being purposefully objective which i would usually state in advance. So it's not like FACT FACT but it's more my observation. So you may not have interpreted some of the stories the same which or missed them as you stated which is cool. I only mentioned it because it surprised me that i felt that way after reading it.
    That's fair. I was kind of ignoring the vs. X series because they were total shitshows for everyone involved. Just awful writing

I dunno.
    I consider myself one of Teddy's biggest fans and the Empyre event was wonderfully handled in my humble opinion. A beautiful rendering of Teddy's ginormous heart. I didn't interpret the epilogue the way you did. Perhaps its the realist in me recognizing that despite the joy it would bring me to have Teddy secure peace across the galaxy -- these are actiony, superhero stories we're talking about, which means they are intrinsically destined for drama and trauma. It was only a matter of time -- and that epilogue did thrust us into an unspecified passing of time (aka "future"). And as I understand it, according to Ewing, this isn't the end for Teddy's journey.

Abigail Brand did not fail(?) -- as very clearly stated within the Aftermath issue --- Abigail was left in the dark. CAROL failed to include Alpha Flight & Abigail and so Abigail quit -- apparently to establish Nu-S.W.O.R.D. -- which has many exciting prospects to explore.

You are correct, Wiccan's singular on panel interaction(s) with Magneto is during the Children's Crusade.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I dunno.
    I consider myself one of Teddy's biggest fans and the Empyre event was wonderfully handled in my humble opinion. A beautiful rendering of Teddy's ginormous heart. I didn't interpret the epilogue the way you did. Perhaps its the realist in me recognizing that despite the joy it would bring me to have Teddy secure peace across the galaxy -- these are actiony, superhero stories we're talking about, which means they are intrinsically destined for drama and trauma. It was only a matter of time -- and that epilogue did thrust us into an unspecified passing of time (aka "future"). And as I understand it, according to Ewing, this isn't the end for Teddy's journey.

Abigail Brand did not fail(?) -- as very clearly stated within the Aftermath issue --- Abigail was left in the dark. CAROL failed to include Alpha Flight & Abigail and so Abigail quit -- apparently to establish Nu-S.W.O.R.D. -- which has many exciting prospects to explore.

You are correct, Wiccan's singular on panel interaction(s) with Magneto is during the Children's Crusade.
    I actually really liked Empyre besides that last bit at the ending. But I stand by Abigail failed. Alpha Flight was supposed to be the organization that handles alien threats, and they didn't get involved at all. They completely failed to realize that the Cotati were building bases on the moon, and completely failed to realize a massive armada (that wasn't making itself secret) was on the way. It is quite literally their job to be discovering and handling these threats. Yes, Carol and the Avengers absolutely should have reached out to them when they realized what was happening. But Alpha Flight should not have to rely on a tip system from other groups to do its job. The Avengers, F4, and even the X-men are not their scouts. As leader of the organization, Abigail deserves the blame for it failing at detecting and handling the invasion.

I can't exactly remember how that one interaction went. I do remember Wiccan laying the verbal smackdown on everyone about why they should forgive Wanda. Given the kind of shit everyone else had pulled over the years, and the kind of shit they pulled later, he was absolutely correct.

Mighty Member

Also Teddy is the ruler of the combined Kree and Skrull empires, plus I'm sure he has a number of super powered individuals in his service or as allies( his husband is the Demiurge for crying out loud, Wiccan is more powerful than the whole Sword team). And despite all that his forces was defeated and now Brand and her merry band of mutants are riding to the rescue to do what an entire galactic empire failed to do. Seems like mutant fanwanking at the highest level. That Sword roster we have seen does not scream all-powerful cosmic team capable of defeating vast cosmic threats. But it sure does seem like Ewing is throwing non-mutant characters under the bus to prop up Krakoa.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Also Teddy is the ruler of the combined Kree and Skrull empires, plus I'm sure he has a number of super powered individuals in his service or as allies( his husband is the Demiurge for crying out loud, Wiccan is more powerful than the whole Sword team). And despite all that his forces was defeated and now Brand and her merry band of mutants are riding to the rescue to do what an entire galactic empire failed to do. Seems like mutant fanwanking at the highest level. That Sword roster we have seen does not scream all-powerful cosmic team capable of defeating vast cosmic threats. But it sure does seem like Ewing is throwing non-mutant characters under the bus to prop up Krakoa.
    Fabian Cortez, guy who started the 'flatscan' slur. Our hero.

Very X-cited Member TheMutantTheorist's Avatar

Im genuinely very excited to see how S.W.O.R.D. is going to be powerful enough to take down the skrull/kree empyre. To run a big space station shouldnt you have more than just a few team members? There has to be more characters.
    Last edited by TheMutantTheorist; 09-30-2020 at 06:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMutantTheorist View Post
    Im genuinely very excited to see how S.W.O.R.D. is going to be powerful enough to take down the skrull/kree empyre. To run a big space station shouldnt you have more than just a few team members? There has to be more characters.
    I hope so. I've always enjoyed SWORD and I have faith in Al Ewing's ability to make me care about the characters he's chosen, but I still wouldn't mind the addition of oh, I dunno...

Adam-X. C'mon, Ewing: take that sweet continuity bait and tell the greatest Adam-X story ever to be told.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantor View Post
    So I guess they rebuild armor and conquer the multiverse in x of shields
    Don't threaten me with a good time! The only thing cooler than SWORD is ARMOR!

Hmm... which characters would make for a good ARMOR EXILES team...?

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    As a descendant of Apocalypse, she (and Chamber) should appear in X Of Swords.
    They should be added to the regular cast of Excalibur as well. They'd fit in better than Gambit and Rogue.

-Pav, who also votes for Cadre K...
    Last edited by Pav; 09-30-2020 at 07:14 PM.
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheMutantTheorist View Post
    I didn't get the sense that S.W.O.R.D. is what took down the Skrull/Kree. My reading on it was that they came in to help/recruit Teddy after someone else fubared them.

Yeah, SWORD came to help the Skrulls and Kree, not take them down.

Astonishing Member

I actually really liked Empyre besides that last bit at the ending. But I stand by Abigail failed. Alpha Flight was supposed to be the organization that handles alien threats, and they didn't get involved at all. They completely failed to realize that the Cotati were building bases on the moon, and completely failed to realize a massive armada (that wasn't making itself secret) was on the way. It is quite literally their job to be discovering and handling these threats. Yes, Carol and the Avengers absolutely should have reached out to them when they realized what was happening. But Alpha Flight should not have to rely on a tip system from other groups to do its job. The Avengers, F4, and even the X-men are not their scouts. As leader of the organization, Abigail deserves the blame for it failing at detecting and handling the invasion.

I can't exactly remember how that one interaction went. I do remember Wiccan laying the verbal smackdown on everyone about why they should forgive Wanda. Given the kind of shit everyone else had pulled over the years, and the kind of shit they pulled later, he was absolutely correct.
    Alpha Flight isn't omniscient lol no intelligence gathering organization is that's why you have organizations like FF and Avengers to compensate for any blind spots. The Cotati were in one of those blind spots and instead of Carol notifying of the freaking organization whose job is to handle Extra-Terrestrial threats she and the rest of the Avengers were like "nah we'll tell them later" because of that reason innocent lives are lost none of that is on Brand's hands.