Page 22 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    So if you find out someone is planning a murder or robbery or are running a drug ring, you would not notify the authorities?

Because it's their job to know and they didn't you would do what? Try to take down the criminals yourself or just let them continue?
    nah screw em i ain't no snitch! if the fuzz cant smell the alien salad bar well too bad bye felicia
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    So if you find out someone is planning a murder or robbery or are running a drug ring, you would not notify the authorities?

Because it's their job to know and they didn't you would do what? Try to take down the criminals yourself or just let them continue?
    That's not a fair comparison when you factor in the Avengers being a form of the authorities and how little time they had. I'm not arguing that they should not have alerted them. They should have. But Alpha Flight shouldn't need a heads up to at least get involved at all. They literally did nothing when their entire purpose is to prevent/stop alien threats. Carol making a bad call doesn't mean Alpha Flight and Brand were not incompetent. Brand declaring she can't work like that is hilarious when we saw no evidence she was working at all.

And if a random citizen were to discover a drug ring around town, it would absolutely be fair to call out the cops for not being aware of it right under their noses.

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    If they're pairing up Magneto again, I hope it's something random. Just because.
    Storm is the only suitable pairing for him.
    Favorite Characters: Wolfsbane, Storm, Psylcoke, Beast, Feral, Tempo, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver

Favorite Titles: X-Men Red, Legion of X, Marauders, Hellions

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

Frenzy needs to be darken up but this book is peaking my interest
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsbane View Post
    Storm is the only suitable pairing for him.
    Low key I feel like Gillien was hinting at that during his Extinction Team stint. "The Goddess and the Demon"

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Low key I feel like Gillien was hinting at that during his Extinction Team stint. "The Goddess and the Demon"
    It’s funny that you mention it. This is actually when I came to the realization that they are suitable for one another. Gillen was brewing something up.
    Favorite Characters: Wolfsbane, Storm, Psylcoke, Beast, Feral, Tempo, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver

Favorite Titles: X-Men Red, Legion of X, Marauders, Hellions

Storm’s match has got to be Victor Von Doom
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Storm’s match has got to be Victor Von Doom
    Gross. like totally totally Gross.
    her alternate universe selves definitely have better luck in romance than the 616 version. i liked her with QuickSilver in AoA But my favorite had been her and Namor from AoX that sh!t was hot. i think her and Bishop shoulda hooked up long ago.
    But ugh there's definitely a lack of POC X-Men for her to chose from...le sigh
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

It’s funny that you mention it. This is actually when I came to the realization that they are suitable for one another. Gillen was brewing something up.
    Agreed they have story as comrades and friends since Claremont´s run but Gillen seemed to be brewing something there. It would be interesting to see if a writer takes it somewhere in the future.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Astonishing Member

I would love for more writers to write more interaction between Storm / Xavier / Magneto. I'm low key convinced that Xavier likes to choose Cyclops as his second-in-command so much because he realizes that storm would be more difficult to handle lol

Amazing Member

So we know here that the X-men are going to become a force in space and from the Empyre epilogue it looked like they will play a role in whatever bad thing pays waste to the kree/skrull alliance. That leads me to think that maybe Hickman’s end game is that the x-men will win and take over the whole universe and that Moira/prof x/magneto’s plan works too well in that they defeat the humans/phalanx and everyone else. Maybe they realize that mutant kind “winning” comes at too great a cost such as loss of free will or something and Moira is the ultimate big bad and ends up getting killed in order to reset again. It’d be the bitter sweet ending that the X-men had to give up mutant supremacy and go back to being hunted and feared for the betterment of the universe.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

The SWORD cameo at the end of Empyre was meant to show them arriving to save Teddy and the Kree/Skrulls, they were not the ones responsible for the attack.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bgardner View Post
    So we know here that the X-men are going to become a force in space and from the Empyre epilogue it looked like they will play a role in whatever bad thing pays waste to the kree/skrull alliance. That leads me to think that maybe Hickman’s end game is that the x-men will win and take over the whole universe and that Moira/prof x/magneto’s plan works too well in that they defeat the humans/phalanx and everyone else. Maybe they realize that mutant kind “winning” comes at too great a cost such as loss of free will or something and Moira is the ultimate big bad and ends up getting killed in order to reset again. It’d be the bitter sweet ending that the X-men had to give up mutant supremacy and go back to being hunted and feared for the betterment of the universe.
    To be honest that would be a really terrible way of ending this run "the minorities become just as bad if not worse then their oppressors" is all types of tone deaf.

Quote Originally Posted by Bgardner View Post
    That sounds absolutely awful and uninspired.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    To be honest that would be a really terrible way of ending this run "the minorities become just as bad if not worse then their oppressors" is all types of tone deaf.
    That's kind of already happened, and has been a running problem with X books for a very long time. They've already committed genocide of an ally for economic security. Hell, that's basically Magneto's whole existence, back when writers weren't using him as a pet favorite. But that's a discussion that's been had ad nauseum elsewhere on these boards, and getting into it too much here would derail the topic even further