Page 32 of 38 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233343536 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    But where is My Sweet Lord Magneto?
    I think he will only be there to set the new SWORD up, but will not be an active part of the team. More like Mr. Sinister in Hellions was so far.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

LOL I'm blaming Solem's audacious influence.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    I think he will only be there to set the new SWORD up, but will not be an active part of the team. More like Mr. Sinister in Hellions was so far.
    Makes sense given he was shown as "looming" presence on the original cover and doesn't have a team uniform.

Side note. Dodson makes Kible look like Shatterstar with his attempt at the eye scars.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Ewing said Magneto was the liasion for Krakoa´s Quiet Council with SWORD and that he would be changing it with the rest of the council members but that he liked to write Erik so much he may be a permanent presence in the book.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

BANNED

Sword seems like a solid book!! I hope Al Ewing do a fair job, without much bias to Krakoa

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    But where is My Sweet Lord Magneto?
    Magneto is not strictly speaking a member of the team, he is the representative of the Council. Ewing has said that in principle the position is rotating and others may replace him but that he is having so much fun writing Magneto that perhaps he is making him permanent, he is not sure yet.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Makes me wish moreso that was Cecilia instead of Frenzy! I love the lab coat vibes!

(However, the role is like perfectly suited for Joanna. Ambassador warrior is so Jo.)

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    I mean, they are going to lose. Marvel isn't going to let Hickman end his X-Men run with Orchis winning and the line being cancelled because all mutants get wiped out.
    Probably it will end with Moira killing herself to give mutants one last chance.

Ewing on SWORD and Guardians of the Galaxy means there's a space crossover in our near future, right? I'm slow on the uptake and my favorite pokemon is Slowpoke.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    LOL I'm blaming Solem's audacious influence.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    Makes me wish moreso that was Cecilia instead of Frenzy! I love the lab coat vibes!
    Cecilia on this roster would be perfect! She's already served aboard the station and, well, she's awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Probably it will end with Moira killing herself to give mutants one last chance.
    Or it turns out she actualy has no such power at all, all her memories of her past lifes are fakes or half truths, some Titan level being has created her (without her knowledge) to manipulate the mutants into changing so much they are willing to join it to become a Dominion able to controll the Phoenix force and the whole thing is won, when a reborn Destiny guides the X-men into luring the Titan into a place between time and space where mutants from hundreds of futures where they actualy became the new humanity come in and kick it's metaphysical buttocks.

Just speculating.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Cecilia on this roster would be perfect! She's already served aboard the station and, well, she's awesome.
    Her powers are also force fields and while she can't do Sue Storm tricks with them, it's always good to have such a power in a space ship/station.

She has allready displayed the ability to somewhat controll their activation these days, so sealing a breach with her body or hand would be in the realm of possible.
    Last edited by Grunty; 11-02-2020 at 06:53 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Probably and she does one thing different that lets them win. Or the eleventh life was a reference to her Shi'ar Golem and who knows.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Or it turns out she actualy has no such power at all, all her memories of her past lifes are fakes or half truths, some Titan level being has created her (without her knowledge) to manipulate the mutants into changing so much they are willing to join it to become a Dominion able to controll the Phoenix force and the whole thing is won, when a reborn Destiny guides the X-men into luring the Titan into a place between time and space where mutants from hundreds of futures where they actualy became the new humanity come in and kick it's metaphysical buttocks.

Just speculating.

Her powers are also force fields and while she can't do Sue Storm tricks with them, it's always good to have such a power in a space ship/station.

She has allready displayed the ability to somewhat controll their activation these days, so sealing a breach with her body or hand would be in the realm of possible.
    So, your version is that she'll wake up in the shower and everything since House of X was a dream. OK, then.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Cecilia's done some complex tricks with her force fields, from brute force stuff like stabbing people or holding up buildings to delicate medical procedures [see X-Men v4 below].
    cec1.jpg
    cec2.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Really loving those SWORD costumes.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!