Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 355
  1. #76
    Spectacular Member Leirus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I'm not familiar with Wiz Kid, what's his story in a nutshell and where has he shown up before? I can look it up of course but I prefer hearing what you legends have to say.
    Nobody is familiar with Wiz Kid. He was a background character during Inferno, a friend of Artie and Leech, and pretty much dissapeared after that. I mean, a cameo here and there, but nothing really substantial. He is kinda like Forge, with a couple of extras: he can assemble the machines he needs with his mind, and the machines themselves are not bound to the laws of physics. For example, during inferno he made a magical computer for N'Tirish. Beyond that, he is dislexic and lost the use of his legs in an accident. So if resurrected he should be able to walk again.

  2. #77
    Fantastic Member Alphaxman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    472

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I'm not familiar with Wiz Kid, what's his story in a nutshell and where has he shown up before? I can look it up of course but I prefer hearing what you legends have to say.
    Others could speak on it with deeper knowledge but Wiz Kid was with the batch of young mutants that the original X-Factor took in. And he was close friends with Leech and Artie. During Inferno he was used by N'astirh to increase his powers. Wiz Kid is like a combination of Forge and Madison Jefferies; he can create almost any kind of tech made of metal, plastic and glass. He could be a genius as well but I can't remember. The main thing I can remember was he didn't take Boom-Boom's $#!+ and had to explain his creations like she was stupid.

    After that he sort of disappeared until Avenger Academy, but there wasn't any progression on his look or his powers. Hopefully Ewing will do wonders with him.

  3. #78

    Default

    Thank you all and yes I absolutely remember him now in Inferno! I appreciate the information. Cool addition!
    Boop! Krakoa forever!

  4. #79
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    4,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Same. But if I just treat Kid Cable like hes a new character and forget that hes a lame, younger version of the OG version then he doesnt bother me so much. I dropped his solo book already, so maybe Ill check this one out in spite of him.
    This is exactly my approach, as well. I'm counting on Ewing and Schiti to make me at least tolerate him in this.

    *looks at design sketches : SCREAMS and DIES from excitement.
    We are MUTANT...One people. One tribe. One family...Krakoa, FOREVER!!!

  5. #80
    Moderator Nyssane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    He doesn't really have a lot of history. He was in X-Terminators during Inferno, is friends with Leech and Artie, and after Decimation he was part of the Avengers Academy.
    He was also in X-Men: TAS! I had no idea who the character was when I was a kid.

  6. #81
    Astonishing Member Glio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    4,761

    Default

    In any case, there's not really a lot of Asian male representation in the X-Men (I can't even think of anyone other than Sunfire, Xorn and Zorn and they are... somewhat problematic) so it seems like a good idea to give it a shot.

  7. #82
    Invincible Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    20,251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    In any case, there's not really a lot of Asian male representation in the X-Men (I can't even think of anyone other than Sunfire, Xorn and Zorn and they are... somewhat problematic) so it seems like a good idea to give it a shot.
    Daken and Thunderbird

  8. #83
    Astonishing Member Glio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    4,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Daken and Thunderbird
    Oh, yeah, Daken, sorry, I forgot him.

  9. #84
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    4,463

    Default

    Shinobi, as well.
    We are MUTANT...One people. One tribe. One family...Krakoa, FOREVER!!!

  10. #85
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    3,199

    Default

    FRENZY <3 <3. im so happy shes back

  11. #86
    Mighty Member Journey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,481

    Default

    The article mentions other mutants I wonder who else is on the cast I remember during Ewings New Avengers White Tiger and Powerman weren't added to the cover until like a week from release he loves surprises. Also does anyone know who the blond dude is specifically for the life of me I Can't figure it out
    Last edited by Journey; 09-23-2020 at 10:10 AM.

  12. #87
    Incredible Member Harpoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    The article mentions other mutants I wonder who else is on the cast I remember during Ewings New Avengers White Tiger and Powerman weren't added to the cover until like a week from release he loves surprises. Also does anyone know who the blond dude is specifically for the life of me I Can't figure it out
    It's Fabian Cortez. Might be a miscolour or he's dyed his hair.

  13. #88
    Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,046

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    The article mentions other mutants I wonder who else is on the cast I remember during Ewings New Avengers White Tiger and Powerman weren't added to the cover until like a week from release he loves surprises. Also does anyone know who the blond dude is specifically for the life of me I Can't figure it out
    That's apparently Fabian Cortez, his hair is usually more orange colored. He was an Acolyte of Magneto back in the 90s, and was manipulating Magneto for his own personal gain. He has the ability to boost other mutants' powers, repeatedly using his ability on a mutant may have negative effects (I might be misremembering this).

  14. #89
    Mighty Member Frobisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    1,597

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    That's apparently Fabian Cortez, his hair is usually more orange colored. He was an Acolyte of Magneto back in the 90s, and was manipulating Magneto for his own personal gain. He has the ability to boost other mutants' powers, repeatedly using his ability on a mutant may have negative effects (I might be misremembering this).
    He can basically overload mutant powers so much that they go haywire.

  15. #90
    Mighty Member Journey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,481

    Default

    Fabian sounds very...... Not White..... dude is very white and Blond on the page are we sure?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •