Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Default Who do you want to see take over The Flash franchise next?

With Williamson & Porter having wrapped up their run with much praise and fanfare, I'm curious who you'd like to take over for them.

I think Tom Taylor is a fun writer who has proven he's able to write the entire Flash family with love and respect. However, the art team on this book is key. Flash lives or dies by its art, irregardless of how good the writing is--which we saw when Morrison & Millar took over the book, only for it to land with a thud thanks to some dull uninspired art.

I say put Tom Taylor on writing and get either Eddy Barrows (amazing work on Speed Metal) or Camine Di Giandomenico (who drew Hope at worlds end #3)
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I don’t know about a writer yet. For art, I’d love to see someone with the skill and vision of JH Williams III. It’d be amazing.

Not sure about artists but I'd love to see Tom Taylor or Chip Zdarsky take a crack at it.

I'd really love to see Grant Morrison do a big epic Flash run but I doubt that's gonna happen at this point.

BANNED

Jimmy Palmiotti or Chip Zdarsky.

BANNED

Grant Morrison, Chip Zdarsky, Tom taylor, or Scott Snyder.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sneezing_Stormtrooper View Post
    Not sure about artists but I'd love to see Tom Taylor or Chip Zdarsky take a crack at it.

I'd really love to see Grant Morrison do a big epic Flash run but I doubt that's gonna happen at this point.
    In a cosmic sort of way, he did with Mark Millar though.

Astonishing Member

Taylor's an obvious choice given his DCeased issue with the Flash family. But he's probably wrapped up in tons of other projects.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sneezing_Stormtrooper View Post

Morrison has already done a Flash run and is likely done with ongoings after GL. He's said he has one more Flash story he wants to do with Barry, but he was going to use Multiversity Too as the vehicle for that story rather than pick up The Flash again.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    With Williamson & Porter having wrapped up their run with much praise and fanfare, I'm curious who you'd like to take over for them.

I think Tom Taylor is a fun writer who has proven he's able to write the entire Flash family with love and respect. However, the art team on this book is key. Flash lives or dies by its art, irregardless of how good the writing is--which we saw when Morrison & Millar took over the book, only for it to land with a thud thanks to some dull uninspired art.
    Morrison and Millar's run is widely praised and sold well in collection? And also sold very well at the time? (Though of course it would with Morrison's name on it). I'm not sure what metric anyone would say Morrison's Flash run landed with a thud when, as far as I can tell, it was quite the opposite.
    Last edited by Dred; 09-23-2020 at 06:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Taylor's an obvious choice given his DCeased issue with the Flash family. But he's probably wrapped up in tons of other projects.

Morrison has already done a Flash run and is likely done with ongoings after GL. He's said he has one more Flash story he wants to do with Barry, but he was going to use Multiversity Too as the vehicle for that story rather than pick up The Flash again.

Morrison and Millar's run is widely praised and sold well in collection? And also sold very well at the time? (Though of course it would with Morrison's name on it). I'm not sure what metric anyone would say Morrison's Flash run landed with a thud when, as far as I can tell, it was quite the opposite.
    All I really know for Taylor is that he’s mentioned that he will be on more then one DC book once Suicide Squad is finished, so maybe wait and see on him.

And you know I wouldn’t mind throwing a fresh name out there, and this guy has mainly been thought to go to Superman but I could see him on Flash... gene luen yang. Think about it he worked on the New Super-Man book which had Avery in it after Williamson and he can do big casts on fun adventures as seen in the Terrifics.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post

I wasn't talking about sales, I was speaking about my own feelings about the run. It just didn't work because the art was stiff and didn’t have the kinetic movement that all great Flash art has had.

Your mileage may vary.

Astonishing Member

You are legitimately the first person I've seen say they didn't like it. I've seen other people say they like it in spite of the art, admittedly. Oh well.

I don't want a writer who "love the flash family", I want a writer who genuinely cares and want to do something with Barry.
    “Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain but it takes character and self-control to be understanding and forgiving.”
    – Dale Carnegie

Ideally, there'd be at least two Flash solo books. The family is too big for just one. Give Barry and Wally one each!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Ideally, there'd be at least two Flash solo books. The family is too big for just one. Give Barry and Wally one each!
    It would be great. Flash can support two books, same goes for Wonder Woman.

But the only thing DC seems to do is bat related titles, even the ones that don't really sell well.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Matt Fraction and David Marquez on a Barry book, and Tom Taylor and Pasqual Ferry on a Wally book.

(Let a man dream)
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!