Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Peter J. Tomasi and Patrick Gleason did a fine job on Superman so I'd like to see them on the Flash
    Tomasi would be a good choice, but I think Gleeson is still exclusive with Marvel.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Tomasi would be a good choice, but I think Gleeson is still exclusive with Marvel.
    Tomasi would be a great choice IF the book is about the Flash family or at least a team-up book. I love Tomasi, but his solo run is really sucking and forgettable.

I wanna see Bendis on Flash just to see how wacky it could get.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I think this will be interesting, Bendis is known at it's best when he is writing a youthful character and Barry is a kind of youthful character that is also a private investigator. A detective tale with him using Flash might be interesting.

Always Rakzo

Definitely not Tom Taylor who has shown over the years inconsistent characterization and very little respect to history (Something I think is very important for The Flash).

Sterling Gates would be cool if possible. Jeff Lemire is always an ideal choice for basically anything (and could give a nice twist to the franchise like he did with other characters). Peter Tomasi could be interesting considering his affection to continuity.

Just not Brian Bendis, Tom King, James Tynion IV or Tom Taylor please.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Considering some of the Barry dialogue he's written...he wouldn't be my first choice.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I don't mind who writes. So long as they have a compelling story to tell.
    If that's 3 issues, 6, 12, 24 - who cares. Please just give us a great ride!
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

I would like to see Mark Waid, Geoff Johns, Grant Morrison or Jeff Parker write a Barry book with a greater emphasis on Barry being a geek, an introvert and something of a dork (and I mean all this in a good way) and have his book be more Silver Age inspired with shorter arcs, wildly imaginative cases to solve and loads of classic villains. I just think that Barry works best as a sometimes flawed but largely sincere and fairly confident but humble guy who people may make fun of but who also demands loyalty, respect and friendship from all of his fellow superheroes. Lay off all brooding, insecurity and certainly tragedy for a while and make Barry's Flash one of the most fun and imaginative books on the stands.

Wally's book, on the other hand, would be more character focused with Wally needing to find his place again in the DCU while also being a parent to young and superpowered kids. Not that Wally should be mopey or tragic - far from it - but it would take a page from Waid's run and focus on Wally as a person as much as on his being the Flash. It should be a bit hipper, quippier and (extrovertedly) funny than Barry's book with less of an emphasis on contained plots and more of a focus on Wally and his relationship with his actual family, the superhero community at large and with his Waid-era Flash family - who would recur quite often. For Wally's book, I could see Tom Taylor, Matt Fraction or even - and this is crucial - with a good editor reining in his worst tendencies, Bendis. I'm also tempted to say Waid because no one writes a better Wally than him but he said he has nothing more to say with the character and his last run was a mess. G Willow Wilson could also work. Oddly, had it not been for HIC, I would have said Tom King but we all saw how that turned out.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Considering some of the Barry dialogue he's written...he wouldn't be my first choice.
    This. I've about had it with Bendis writing humorous speedsters. I didn't think he'd bring potty humor, but he did and it's awkward every time.