Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default DEATHSTROKE--Batman Villain or Titans Villain?

Checking out Joker War and it seems for some reason that Deathstroke is being handled as a Batman villain lately. Is he no longer superhuman?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Checking out Joker War and it seems for some reason that Deathstroke is being handled as a Batman villain lately. Is he no longer superhuman?
    He’s spent the last decade stalking Damian Wayne

I'd say he's more of a DC Universe villain by this point. Though his connections to the Titans and Dick certainly make it easier for writers to slip him into Batman's orbit than others.

I’ve seen him more as a dc universe character as of late, mainly because of all his appearances in various books and his own ongoing. However because he is mainly a hand to hand fighter and is considered highly capable they normally put him up against the other capable and skilled in fighting character, Batman. I mean he’s not going to be constantly fighting Superman or Wonder Woman because unless he’s got a special trick up his sleeve he loses, even in his own ongoing he almost lost to Superman if it wasn’t for his shield system.

Of course his origins will always lead to the titans, given his history and personal ties.
    Last edited by sifighter; 09-28-2020 at 07:53 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

He's a Titans/DCU villain, but Batman is probably just going to annex him the way Superman's rogues get used for the Justice League.

If we go by fan logic he's a titans villain
    If we go by general usage
    He's made more appearances fighting Batman and others in the past decade then he has fighting the titans in the last 20
    Although he was a villain in Titans
    So there's that

Then again Batman has been poaching a lot of characters lately

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    He's a Titans/DCU villain, but Batman is probably just going to annex him the way Superman's rogues get used for the Justice League.
    Pretty much.

I much prefer Slade being a general DC villain and occasional anti-hero. I think he’s paired with Batman because he’s the rare character that can match Bruce’s physical and mental skills. Plus Wolfman did kinda give him his own Alfred in Wintergreen, so I can see how they go together well.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Pretty much.

I much prefer Slade being a general DC villain and occasional anti-hero. I think he’s paired with Batman because he’s the rare character that can match Bruce’s physical and mental skills. Plus Wolfman did kinda give him his own Alfred in Wintergreen, so I can see how they go together well.
    Yeah, Slade is one of the few characters that Bruce actually gets to be Batman against instead of his usual Bat plot contrivance, so I do enjoy their clashes.

That said, I skipped Batman vs. Deathstroke because it pivoted on Damian and that kid needs to park his ass in a coffin and stay there. Fast.

He's probably more of a Batman villain than a Titans villain these days, but it is without question he is a DCU villain over a Titans villain now. He's more likely to fight someone other than the Titans than the Titans at this point and that will never change. DC sees him as too valuable a villain to just use him for the Titans franchise.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Pretty much.

I can never see Slade as an anti hero despite the efforts of Wolfman and other writers trying to justify his crimes.

He's a Titans villain, but I'm for keeping him out of their orbit for now.Titans need to develop and flesh out villains who aren't Trigon and Deathstroke.

Incredible Member

Deathstroke is too popular to be a Titans (or Dick's) villain

rip to Dick ever keep a villain cause everybody keeps taking his

Amazing Member

Deathstroke is being treated a bit like Darkseid, in other words an antagonist that anybody can use if they want. So consider him a titans villain or a DCU villain, not a batman villain in particular.

He´s not in the same position that say maxwell lord, who went from JLI supporting character to basically a wonderwoman villain at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I'd say he's more of a DC Universe villain by this point. Though his connections to the Titans and Dick certainly make it easier for writers to slip him into Batman's orbit than others.
    This basically. The guy's a mercenary, it'd be weird to keep him as just a villain for one little corner of the DCU.

Spectacular Member

i'll say he used the adults as his scratching post and the kids are his adversary because they keep each other on their toes.

Not only does Batman not need Deathstroke as a villain, he’s not a very good fit among the rogues IMO
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)