Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
Morrison was right to lean more into the superhero aspect/adventurer aspects of Batman in his run. There may be a quote out there from him about it, but I think he said you can only do so much of Batman punching thugs and street criminals before it starts to make him look incredibly bad due to his wealth. That's why for the majority of his run, he fights OTT super crime, a cabal of sinister wealthy assholes and even corrupt cops far more than he does street crime (if any at all). It's even pointed out how the Joker doesn't give a crap about money and has flushed more money down the toiler than the Black Glove combined, and from what I recall the only bit of torture Batman engages in is against Charlie Caligula, and thankfully only when he's off his rocker (not "in character").
To be honest, I can't really see a Morrison comic where the hero focuses more on street crime or the nitty gritty stuff, so I would have never expected that from him. If I recall Dini was doing more smaller scale, crime based, stories in his 'Tec run alongside Morrison's run so you had a decent balance of Batman stories.

I tend to think most general audiences don't really overthink Batman fighting and beating the tar out of normal criminals. I mean, it's 90% of what playing an Arkham game is about.