... so, I stuck it out from #1 through Flash War, then called it quits.
I found his Barry to be nothing but a constant "Woe is me, my life is a string of misery". Like, the type of person I would disassociate from in real life, because they are just such a constant downer. His Barry was the type to respond to "Sure is a nice day out" with, "Yeah, but it's going to rain this weekend. Probably historic flooding. Lots of people may die". And the addition of all the uninteresting additional Forces killed it for me.

Now, in the interest of full disclosure: I am a Wally fan through and through, never understood the reasoning (yeah, I know, Barry was Didio's favorite, and his well-known distaste for Titan characters) for bringing Barry back and basically trash-canning Wally. To me, Barry is wayyyyyy more interesting as the deceased spiritual inspiration to Wally, and by extension Bart and Jenni, and even (to a degree, based on respect) to Jay.

Anyway, rambling to get to my point: I'm seeing a lot of positive feedback at the end of his run on the book, and Speed Metal (which I will be picking up). Did he change something in the book, as far as his writing of Barry's personality?