Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 LastLast
Results 436 to 450 of 509
  1. #436
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    75

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Have we seen Saturyne be portrayed this powerful before? I don't recall her ever stopping time or masking/deflecting telepathic connections.

    Also great showing for Polaris and Monet. Though I kinda wish Hickman's and Leah's Polaris interpretations of the character sounded more consistent lol.

    RIP Rockslide. I see the game Summoner was playing with him was trying to prove a point...
    Yeah. Gen X'ers are just too stupid to let live.

  2. #437
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    75

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frostfire View Post
    Hopefully we don't get a similar ending.
    I just hope they stay away from the badly done soft porn aspects of Game of Thrones. Bleh.
    Last edited by c-lei; 09-26-2020 at 07:50 PM.

  3. #438
    X-Cultist nx01a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    479′S 12643′W
    Posts
    11,900

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by c-lei View Post
    Yeah. Gen X'ers are just too stupid to let live.
    Not Generation X. New X-Men. Far more fragile by the bus load.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

  4. #439
    Fantastic Member Thundershot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    348

    Default

    I just remembered something. Aren’t Chamber and Blink both descendants of Apocalypse? I wonder if it’s relevant at all or even remembered

  5. #440
    Mighty Member Hulkout42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,417

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Jean and Scott spent 10 years raising young Cable so yeah those are good parents. As for Rachel calling Jean mom...well Hickman has decided to retcon Jean and Rachel as having a more mother-daughter bond that previous writers.

    I'd rather just chalk it up to the fact that Jean and Rachel had a very long conversation about their feeling and thanks to Krakoa they're giving their relationship a second chance.

    We already saw hints of this during the Xmen Red annual.
    I don't know man, i mean every time i look at Kid Cable i seem him venting the OG one and no one giving him grief about it and as far as Rachel i see her being taken by Ahab and Jean not showing the proper response to it. And really in the end i always come back to the forgone conclusion that it won't matter because we know the reset is coming. But that's just me i guess.

  6. #441
    Mighty Member Hulkout42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,417

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I'm beginning to suspect that Cyclops is going to use The Peak to destroy the External Gate and that is going to count as breaking the second law, "Respect the land of Krakoa."
    This will not be a popular idea but frankly...screw Krakoa, siding with Apocalypse was a bad call that got them into this mess if anything i hope it/they or whatever also get called to task.

    I think even at this stage it is a foregone conclusion that the gates gets wreck but really i think that is Saturnyne endgame, because they certainly didn't ask her (clearly the head honcho there) if they could build it and also Gambit pretty much stole something her property that led to its creation in idiotic fashion because he couldn't see the big picture or that he got played like the others by Apocalypse. Honestly i feel that the theme here is Accountability, not just on Apocalypse though, i honestly get the impression that more than him will be taken to task before it ends.

    This first issue shows that Opal is the one who is pulling the strings and will be the one coming out on top and in this case the X-men get a Pyrrhic victory at minimum. I could be worng because it is just one issue in but then again this issue shows just how well she planned this opening move.

  7. #442
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    This first issue shows that Opal is the one who is pulling the strings and will be the one coming out on top and in this case the X-men get a Pyrrhic victory at minimum. I could be worng because it is just one issue in but then again this issue shows just how well she planned this opening move.
    She feels like she's being set up for a Xanatos type situation where she seems to lose, and walks away 'beaten' with exactly what she wanted out of the deal.

    (Such as an army of 'witchbreed' sworn to defend her territory and more or less stay out of her way if the gate remains open, or back to her own exclusive domain if it's closed. Either way, I think she'll spin it as what she always wanted in the end. She's too wrapped up in herself to not gild the cage and call it a fancy ballroom.)

  8. #443
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    80

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    She feels like she's being set up for a Xanatos type situation where she seems to lose, and walks away 'beaten' with exactly what she wanted out of the deal.

    (Such as an army of 'witchbreed' sworn to defend her territory and more or less stay out of her way if the gate remains open, or back to her own exclusive domain if it's closed. Either way, I think she'll spin it as what she always wanted in the end. She's too wrapped up in herself to not gild the cage and call it a fancy ballroom.)
    Shout out to the Gargoyles reference.

  9. #444
    Mighty Member Hulkout42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,417

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frostfire View Post
    Shout out to the Gargoyles reference.
    I'm pleasantly surprise people still remember it tbh. It was so underrated and that last series really hurt it.

  10. #445
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,033

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    I don't know man, i mean every time i look at Kid Cable i seem him venting the OG one and no one giving him grief about it and as far as Rachel i see her being taken by Ahab and Jean not showing the proper response to it. And really in the end i always come back to the forgone conclusion that it won't matter because we know the reset is coming. But that's just me i guess.
    Not really sure how Jean and Scott should react to their son killing their son let's not forget that kid cable eventually grows up to the old cable who then eventually gets murdered by Kid cable. Kid table is closer to the age he was when Jean and Scott raised him for 10 years I can't imagine them being too upset getting another second chance to raise their son.

    As for any X-Men's lack of response to Rachel being kidnapped that will never not be a perfect example of terrible writing.

  11. #446
    Extraordinary Member BroHomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,490

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    I just remembered something. Aren’t Chamber and Blink both descendants of Apocalypse? I wonder if it’s relevant at all or even remembered
    Nah Marvel loves forgetting Gen X
    GrindrStone(D)

  12. #447
    Focused Totality Psycwave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Cavern X
    Posts
    1,932

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ying Ko View Post
    This was definitely more Hickman than Howard. See any issue of Excalibur for proof.
    It was more Tini though.

  13. #448
    Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    7,129

    Default

    Attachment 100989

    Since 2 of these already died, should we fear the rest of them will suffer the same fate as Apocalypse and Rockslide?
    "Burn Her. Slowly. I want her to remember how dying like this feels"- Destiny

  14. #449
    Fantastic Member Thundershot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    348

    Default

    I think Excalibur has gotten better, but probably because it was setup for X of Swords. I hope after the crossover, it can find a better purpose. I would personally love to see it have a more classic Excalibur cast with a few twists. I know Rachel and Kitty are taken, but Brian, Meggan, and Nightcrawler could become regulars along with Betsy. Send Gambit and Rogue back to Krakoa... MAYBE keep Jubilee and her kid because Shogo definitely fits into classic Excalibur silliness. Rictor could stay too if they want to pursue the Druid thing (funny... he doesn’t LOOK Druish). Bring back Cerise and Kylun or Feron to round out the group with another classic...


    But most importantly, give the team a purpose other than being Apocalypse’s tools. Preferably a British purpose.

  15. #450
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,033

    Default

    I really wish people would stop trying to pick apart the story to see who they should give credit to Hickman or Tini.

    Do people not know what a collaborative work means? Tini has some really great and bold ideas and those ideas in the hands of someone like Hickman makes for a incredible story like this one. So let's just applaud both writers

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •