Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    Mutants lost in all of moira's past life because she kept creating self fulfilling prophecies over and over again and I think that's why she wanted no precogs. I don't think destiny told mystique to pull a cassandra nova and help the orchis bull nimrods but rather so she mystique can still one or some blueprints or something so they can use themselves against their enemies but of course its going to backfire because an a bomb is still an a bomb no matter who uses it.

Yeah and the reason is moira. In x-men #4 you could how for xavier and especially magneto it didn't really make a difference for them if precogs are allowed on the island while moira was very adamant about not resurrecting destiny. I think part of the reason for moira is also because destiny killed her and not just because she'll be able to tell krakoa is just a temporarily safe haven for mutantkind.
    So what does that have to do with jumbo carnation lol

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantor View Post
    Because unlike you am actually a huge fan of Hickman and read his entire indie run including transhuman the book he made mocking the X-men and the Manhattan project his book mocking science fiction as a whole. I actually get this story I understand it’s a tragedy because Hickman only writes two stories tragedies and satires. And I am looking forward to seeing the complex machine he has built be taken apart peace by piece like he did in Pax Romana and red mass for mars. I don’t get how you people who say you love Hickman don’t know anything about his books or works or themes?
    Also in X-men 4 Xavier and magneto are such hypocrites yelling about how orchis has hydra members while one of the captains of Krakoa was a literal head of hydra. Like how that’s just fine now. I guess it’s ok to be a Nazi if your also a member of a minority the Nazis don’t like lol
    Man, this is right down to the exact grumbles...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Man, this is right down to the exact grumbles...
    Am I wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    So what does that have to do with jumbo carnation lol
    When did I mention jumbo carnation?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Alright let's cut the condescending tone why don't we. And let's stick to the facts and the facts are you have absolutely no idea what his intentions are with this story because you haven't read the finish line yet just like none of us have you may have an idea based on his previous works but you also seem to be ignorant of being a fan of his work is that Hickman is a fan of red herrings making his story seem like it's going to end one way when it ends another. And none of what you presented as patterns of anything to do with his story structure which you criticized in your previous post. Bottom line is you've come into this thread with nothing but assumptions and a general dislike of how Hickman is telling his story.
    That’s not what I said! Ok just said I was not criticizing Hickman at all I like dox I just don’t think people get that it’s a tragedy

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    When did I mention jumbo carnation?
    It was in the post that I was quoting

Am I wrong?
    Politely...

A few of us have had this exact conversation once already.

If you are really interested in what folks think, I could try to dig up one of the many many threads that it drug off of course.

Astonishing Member

That’s not what I said! Ok just said I was not criticizing Hickman at all I like dox I just don’t think people get that it’s a tragedy
    I mean it's really not. Much like his final run in his Avengers run I'm pretty sure the theme of X-Men will be about hope. And just like in those previous runs there were tragic moments within the story ultimately it was about superheroes triumphing over themselves and over the bad guy to continue to uphold their ideals
    Last edited by loke13; 09-23-2020 at 09:50 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Politely...

A few of us have had this exact conversation once already.

If you are really interested in what folks think, I could try to dig up one of the many many threads that it drug off of course.
    Sigh back on topic apocalypse is gonna die and the black arrow that shot Rictor is gonna poison the eggs. Agree or disagree

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Gorgon could just give one of his two swords to another combatant. Or they could earn it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    True. But in looking at the image in the tarot card for Ten of Swords, there are ten swordbearers and Gorgon is holding two swords. So I'm assuming he has both Grasscutter and Godkiller, and there is an 11th sword perhaps yet unnamed. Either that or he gave one of his swords to someone else, as you state, and is just holding a second sword that has no name.
    He might be getting a pass based on their collective history.

BANNED

Can I just throw this out there? I think there are two twilight swords. Cause the split happened forever ago but surtur still has his sword. So there must be two right? And is the “higher power” that annihilation/genesis serving surtur? Holder of the sword of doom destroyer of worlds. Guy who tried to destroy Otherworld a bunch and gave Morgan le fay her powers. Plus I could be wrong but I think ameth might come from journey into mystery

Astonishing Member

I’m going to wager exactly no mention will be made of Surtur, or that he obtained/stole the Twilight Sword from the enemy; and that the enemy is probably from the First Iteration of Mutantkind

I would also say that Poccy might be kicked off the council, but I imagine his blue ass will be borrowed, like Thanos, to help promote the Eternals for a bit

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    I’m going to wager exactly no mention will be made of Surtur, or that he obtained/stole the Twilight Sword from the enemy; and that the enemy is probably from the First Iteration of Mutantkind

I would also say that Poccy might be kicked off the council, but I imagine his blue ass will be borrowed, like Thanos, to help promote the Eternals for a bit
    Well that seems an incredible waste! An Important piece of lore and it’s probably only there because it’s got the word twilight in its name. Cause do you get it? The dawn is ending it’s twilight now! HAVE SURTUR SHOW UP

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    That line she had about proper placement suggests to me that she's getting some kind of mystical boost from some magical alignment or something. That or they are finally writing her as powerful as she should always have been depicted, she is the omniversial guardian after all.
    Isn't that part of being leader of Otherworld? All of them shown were that powerful. Merlin and his daughter were the other two.

Great issue and can't wait to read what's next^^

Astonishing Member

Well that seems an incredible waste! An Important piece of lore and it’s probably only there because it’s got the word twilight in its name. Cause do you get it? The dawn is ending it’s twilight now! HAVE SURTUR SHOW UP
    If existing Marvel lore was an issue, you’d need to account for how the hell Poccy having Four Horsemen and the use of magic prior to his pact with the Celestials (who just happen to have Seeds matching his kids mantles*) works out

Besides, we already know what/who Hickman’s reset button is (and it ain’t Moira) so setting up a Twilight of X seems premature when there is yet to be a Day/Reign of X (probably to follow Hickman’s contribution to the Reckoning War) before the Twilight/Night of X

* though it explains why he never used the counterseeds at least