Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Not only she looks like Emma, but she also have the same "don't give a f..." personality. They should put the two on an scene together, we will be so confused.
    I would love to see them interact and shade the crap out of each other.

How dare Apocalypse be vulnerable after being reunited and betrayed by the family he lost thousands of years ago. He is still a person, he has feelings. In Excalibur you can already see that Betsy has managed to soften him up a bit.

This was a dense but thoroughly enjoyable read. This crossover is going to be off the chains.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    How dare Apocalypse be vulnerable after being reunited and betrayed by the family he lost thousands of years ago. He is still a person, he has feelings. In Excalibur you can already see that Betsy has managed to soften him up a bit.
    Right, not to mention all the work and planning he did to make a reunion even possible. He's been thinking about it for a long, long time.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Omega Level Member WhitePhoenix's Avatar

Loved seeing Jean, Scott and their kids in action! Also loved seeing Polaris being the bad ass we know she is!!!

BANNED

saturnyne was my favourite character in this issue. Also nur crying felt nice.

Also Is monet just Moira in disguise?????????

Mighty Member

Great first issue. Love the SWORD inclusion. Now we know why that was released yesterday, but totally wasn’t expecting that. I honestly hope Hickman is spearheading most of this crossover because this one issue was amazing.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

This issue was amazing!!! So much to unpack I want to know how the heroes of Krakoa will be selected!!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I was so excited for this issue and this event to star and i was not disappointed at all.

Firstly, the art was solid and gorgeous, as expected. Secondly, so many pages!!! I loved how big this issue was...I hope Stasis and Destruction are as big.

Saturnyne, Apoclypse, Polaris and Monet stole the show for me. This story feels very well constructed and I'm glad they are using so many X-Men characters for the set up and not only the ten chosen ones.

Curious to see/figure out more about the blades. I also guess that Betsy psi sword will be chosen as the Starlight Sword.

Can't wait for more. Do we know if each book will only feature it's casts point of view to the event? Or it will be similar to this issue where anyone is up for grabs for the writer to tell the story together? I hope yes, because I would hate if the Wolverine book only told Logan's side of things...or if I had to wait until Excalibur 13 to know about Betsy and Brian...
    A picture would last longer darling...

Astonishing Member

This is one of these stories where the writers and artist/directors really try to pull you into wanting you to see it all as epic, bombastic, creative, with amazing characters, but for some it just looks predictable, overcooked, trying too hard and not really clicking with them, despite the subject matter being part of their interests. The later includes me.

Hope the story will be as exciting at the end for those who are excited now.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Have we seen Saturyne be portrayed this powerful before? I don't recall her ever stopping time or masking/deflecting telepathic connections.

Also great showing for Polaris and Monet. Though I kinda wish Hickman's and Leah's Polaris interpretations of the character sounded more consistent lol.

RIP Rockslide. I see the game Summoner was playing with him was trying to prove a point...
    she didnt freeze time, just everyone on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani5 View Post
    Apocalypse is so out of character. For someone who is all about survival of the fittest, he came off very weak and vulnerable. Granted that was his family, why is he so naive and trustful. He barely fought back after he was stabbed. Apocalypse never runs away from a good fight. And why is he going to war with a random bunch of strangers. Whatever happen to his mutant minions that did his bidding back in the day. He would have been better off bringing Gideon and Selene. Homeboy should have brought serious firepower. It’s one thing to be outsmarted but to portray the character with such naïveté is straight up disrespectful. There better be a plot twist. I just expected more from Mr. Survival of the Fittest.
    I agree completely. He knew he was going into a wolf's den and he brought a few mutant volunteers. Uh what?
    No horseman or amped up mutants. No externals for whatever reason. Didn't he, his og horseman, wife and a bunch of other mutants fight a losing battle to the enemy with the Twilight sword?

Besides that he is also way too soft. He just beat Aero to death a few issues ago and now even his kids are telling him he is pathetic. Hopefully it will get better from here.
    I only continue to read X-books because I don't spend any money on it.

I’ve been reading the X-Men for decades, and this crossover is EPIC! Signs that it could be the best ever. With every page I could hear the soundtrack in my head. I give it top rating! The only way it could be better is if I had all 22 parts to read at once. But then, I wouldn’t be able to savor each issue, every bite! I love it.

Monet thinks it’s a job she may want in the future. Siryn still under pressure to represent the “House of M”. Jean and Storm both refusing to vote for closure. Loved Magneto’s response to Apocalypse’s “we”. Loved Sinister’s as well. Ready for the next issue!
    Last edited by SugarMan; 09-23-2020 at 09:29 AM.

I bet the first X-Factor issue will already set the problem with the resurrection protocols so that the sword tournament feels more dangerous.
    A picture would last longer darling...

This was a very enjoyable, long read with beautiful art. Pepe has already outdone his work on House of X and I’m sure he’ll find some way to top this. It was a smart decision to shove all of the Arrako exposition into X-men 12 so we can put more focus on the characters. This was the first time we saw an in-depth debate amongst council members. That was interesting. And all of the banter and conversation between the mutants in Otherworld was fun.