Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantor View Post
    It’s before but I don’t believe Shaw will be punished it’s to obvious and Xavier wants him there
    Xavier has no use for him, Shaw said himself that Xavier is a very powerful and wealthy man (if not the wealthiest among them) so nothing Shaw has Xavier needs, all hellfire connections he has can be links Emma or Selene has.Shaw is very dispensable BUT I wouldn't be surprised if he somehow bribed Sinister or stole his own clone samples and gave them to Verendi to resurrect him if anything goes wrong, or somehow created a backdoor access to Shinobi's mind where he could ghost himself ,once he is killed to keep wearing Shinobi as a sleeve under their noses(the latter idea seems implausible or near impossible to execute unless Cerebro is tampered with or some false memory emitter is in Shinobi's clone)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    There's a good parallel to draw between Saturnyne and Shang Tsung from Mortal Kombat. They're both deceitful sorcerers organizing and overseeing a tournament while they secretly pursue their own agenda. Those games may have been the inspiration for this event.
    Like the way you think ... Flawless Victory is what Saturnyne is after

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    Havok being allowed to go on this mission also struck me as being odd. It also seemed a little strange that Havok went from being obsessed with Maddie Pryor to wanting to get back with Lorna right away. At least it read to me as if Alex was interested in Lorna again. Maybe I misread those panels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I didnt get the impression that Alex was trying to date Lorna at all. EVEN if he was, he's not obsessed over Maddie. Maddie used her TP and magic on him in Hellions so its obvious tht at least part of his feelings towards her were manipulation
    Quote Originally Posted by saahir View Post
    I didn't know Alex & Lorna having a conversation meant their dating again.
    Marvel's been alternately trying to sneak and force Havok back onto Lorna for years now. While outright refusing to give them the sort of time apart or give Lorna the long overdue usage needed to make their getting back together into something that doesn't screw Lorna over for the umpteenth time. They're not a "couple" here. Doesn't mean it's not part of Marvel's overall plan to eventually force Lorna back into that relationship and repeat mistakes of the past for the sake of satisfying their old hat nostalgia.

Watch for what comes next though.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Fantastic Member

I went hoping to read an Xmen book and Lord of the Rings broke out!! Guess the wish for more grounded stories is gone for sure now huh. Remember when the ultimate universe was the answer with more grounded stories and less time travel and all that

The art was amazing so I'll credit that.

But this doesn't seem like an Xmen story its more dungeons and dragons.

Also for those that love this how are you getting over the concept of the swords? Isnt it kind of stupid and just overall unnecessary? I mean I get a battle with mutants trapped in another dimension but swords? Why not power and strategy
    Last edited by GodfatherIV; 09-24-2020 at 11:33 AM.

Astonishing Member

Is anyone getting Game of Throne vibes here? I see a lot is borrowed from Game of Thrones in my view, the world mapping for one with Earth and Amenth separated by Krakoa and Arrako on either side with the starlight citadel in the middle.I take the Starlight Citadel to stand in for King's Landing and the Iron Throne(Saturnyne channeling her Melissandre/Cersei), Amenth is definitely White Walker zone, Arrako are the wildlings beyond the wall..While Krakoa is the Winterfell of the North adjacent to the wall but with no allegiance to Westeros and Essos and all kingdoms inbetween(Earth) or the other kingdoms beyond the wall - kingdoms including Mercator,Avalon,Sevalith, Infuri and Roma Regina to mention but a few. Hickman has decided to populate the universe with incredible complexity because all these are themselves within a local sphere that excludes interstellar worlds like Chandillar ,Kree and Phalanx and Strongholds and Dominions. Then you add on Moira's 10 lives to get you wondering the permutations of events of this interconnected universe in other realities and that just blows the mind.This definitely is the best world building in the X-Verse I've ever seen

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Is anyone getting Game of Throne vibes here? I see a lot is borrowed from Game of Thrones in my view, the world mapping for one with Earth and Amenth separated by Krakoa and Arrako on either side with the starlight citadel in the middle.I take the Starlight Citadel to stand in for King's Landing and the Iron Throne(Saturnyne channeling her Melissandre/Cersei), Amenth is definitely White Walker zone, Arrako are the wildlings beyond the wall..While Krakoa is the Winterfell of the North adjacent to the wall but with no allegiance to Westeros and Essos and all kingdoms inbetween(Earth) or the other kingdoms beyond the wall - kingdoms including Mercator,Avalon,Sevalith, Infuri and Roma Regina to mention but a few. Hickman has decided to populate the universe with incredible complexity because all these are themselves within a local sphere that excludes interstellar worlds like Chandillar ,Kree and Phalanx and Strongholds and Dominions. Then you add on Moira's 10 lives to get you wondering the permutations of events of this interconnected universe in other realities and that just blows the mind.This definitely is the best world building in the X-Verse I've ever seen
    Hopefully we don't get a similar ending.

I read this as soon as I got home and I realize I'm kinda late to the party but holy **** this book was an excellent starting point for what should make a great crossover. I'm keen to see what comes next!
    Last edited by Odd Rödney; 02-18-2021 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Blue text became too cumbersome.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantor View Post
    OMG stop arguing about this! ITS NOT ABOUT PRE-COGS!! It’s just destiny only destiny Moria hates destiny and made up a rule to keep her dead stop thinking so hard!
    Moira literally said no to precogs...

Yes, Destiny scaring Moira was the overall cause of her claiming this rule but she knows that other precogs would catch on just like Destiny.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Yes. I imagine each book will primarily on major story beat. Cable (the Summers adventure introduced here), Maraurder (Storm getting her blade in Wakanda), etc... but there will be alot of overlap such that any issue can have important beats that will be followed up in another book.

ETA: I read that as do you need to read all issues in the crossover. To answer your actual question, I posted this in a previous page:
    Yeah, I will read all the issues from the crossover, that's for sure, but what I meant was if I needed to read all the previous issues of all the X-books, but you already answered that it isn't necessary, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Marvel's been alternately trying to sneak and force Havok back onto Lorna for years now. While outright refusing to give them the sort of time apart or give Lorna the long overdue usage needed to make their getting back together into something that doesn't screw Lorna over for the umpteenth time. They're not a "couple" here. Doesn't mean it's not part of Marvel's overall plan to eventually force Lorna back into that relationship and repeat mistakes of the past for the sake of satisfying their old hat nostalgia.

Watch for what comes next though.
    Even though Alex and Lorna are NOT it, I think it’s cute that Scott still considers Lorna family. With regards to this issue, I liked how they were able to remain cordial because it seemed reminiscent of two people who have moved on, but are still naturally comfortable with each other.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frostfire View Post
    Hopefully we don't get a similar ending.
    I meant the books , not the series (I only followed 'cannon' first five seasons)

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    No its just you and your tinfoil buddy

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GodfatherIV View Post
    I went hoping to read an Xmen book and Lord of the Rings broke out!! Guess the wish for more grounded stories is gone for sure now huh. Remember when the ultimate universe was the answer with more grounded stories and less time travel and all that

The art was amazing so I'll credit that.

But this doesn't seem like an Xmen story its more dungeons and dragons.

Also for those that love this how are you getting over the concept of the swords? Isnt it kind of stupid and just overall unnecessary? I mean I get a battle with mutants trapped in another dimension but swords? Why not power and strategy
    The X-Men have never been all that grounded in reality. They were traveling to space and Asgard back in their peak era and Betsy has the obvious connection to all the lore connected to Captain Britain.

This stuff is baked into their DNA.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Moira literally said no to precogs...

Yes, Destiny scaring Moira was the overall cause of her claiming this rule but she knows that other precogs would catch on just like Destiny.
    My personal theory is that Moira’s ‘no precogs’ rule is less about the precogs themselves, and more about Moira’s deep-seated terror of Irene. After all, Irene herself said that she couldn’t see Moira, just the ripples Moira leaves in her wake, so precogs aren’t really an issue, especially when their precognitive power is as ‘reliable’ as a tarot card reading. But Irene had Moira killed HORRIBLY, and slowly...so Moira would never forget what would happen if she ‘made’ Irene come looking for her again...

I think Moira is just covering up her PERSONAL fear of Irene by telling a story about ‘precogs sensing the end’, and that selfish lie gonna turn out to be a major problem that bites her in the ass soon enough.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Saturnyne seems to be up to something. She has chosen mutants of Krakoa as champions when in Excalibur she seems to barely tolerate them.
    Someone way upthread pointed out that the duel will likely act as a magic ritual from which Saturnyne will draw power. My guess is that her goal is to properly revive the Captain Britain Corps.