Page 1 of 34 1234511 ... LastLast

Default X of Swords: Creation #1 Spoiler Thread: "That is not a nice woman"

UGH my other thread was closed as I was writing this recap. Here it goes again people

There was so much going on that I cant do this justice giving it a proper recap but Im creating the space to discuss it spoilers and all.

This was a GOOD issue. 10/10 and a great way to start the crossover

ETA: Here is a very abbreviated recap

The 4 horseman are about to wage war and in the watchtower a squire is given something to transport to Saturnyne. He is attacked as he flies off but makes it to the Starlight Citadel and mentions that Arakko has fallen.. Saturnyne later looks at her cards (same scenes from the FCBD issue)

On Krakoa, at the external gate, the Summoner comes through with an injured Banshee thats dying. He is taing to the Healing Gardens by Rachel, Magma and Rockslide as the Heatler works on him. Apocalypse brings Summoner before the Council to tell them of the threat. The Council says the Gate should be destroyed since its on all the time and not limited to mutants. Krakoa votes no bc the mutants are but guests here. He is the land. Magneto informs Apocalypse that whatever he is planning is w/o the Council's blessing and A says he will get volunteers

At the External Gate, the team of X-men consist of Havok, Polaris, Rockslide, Siryn, Rictor, Monet, Beast and Archangel. They prepare to go through. A and Warren have a talk. Warren doesnt trust him but A is pleased to see him in his Death form. In otherworld, they see tons of troops and Unus as a prisoner. A sees his children. He approaches War whom tells him what they had wasnt love nad stabs him. Siryn screams

At the HG, Rachel is joined by Cable and they join forces to go into Banshee's head to find out what happened. They see Summoner meeting with the Horseman and realizes he betrayed them. Saturnyne stops the two and tells them they are looking for the wrong thing. Rachel sends Cable to find Scott and Jean whies she goes back into Banshee's head. Back at the Summer House, Cable opens his mind up to Jean and Scott. Scott knows what they are looking for and where to find it. On Earth they find an energy core and Cable's sword is a source to get it started

There is a war on Otherworld and Summoner reveals his true colors and cuts Rockslide in half. Monet uses her TP to go in on Saturnyne who dismisses her. Lorna uses her power on the Citadel and ready to pull it out of the sky but Saturnyne blasts everyone back. Monet is frozen in place as she tries to punch her. Saturnyne reveals her plans and its to summon Arakko champions to duel champions of Otherworld. The Krakoans will fight for her using the 10 swords. In 3 days, the champions will gather and fight

Final shot is of S.W.O.R.D.
    Last edited by Havok83; 09-23-2020 at 08:02 AM.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

This was so good. Saturnyne is a badass. Muramasa was listed as a sword for the Arakki and Krakoan swordbearers, are there two of them? I don't recognize a good chunk of the swords listed for the Krakoans. Still have a lot of questions, but looking forward to finding out the answers. I actually feel bad for [A]. Poor Rictor! Did Summoner actually kill Rockslide? It was great to see Terry, even though she didn't do much, mini X-Factor reunion! The art was, of course, beautiful.

This is totally metal and I love it. It's a contrived contest of champions story again, but we knew that and the art direction is ace.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    This was so good. Saturnyne is a badass. Muramasa was listed as a sword for the Arakki and Krakoan swordbearers, are there two of them? I don't recognize a good chunk of the swords listed for the Krakoans. Still have a lot of questions, but looking forward to finding out the answers. I actually feel bad for [A]. Poor Rictor! Did Summoner actually kill Rockslide? It was great to see Terry, even though she didn't do much, mini X-Factor reunion! The art was, of course, beautiful.
    Muramasa had been melted down into bullets. I guess it's been reforged into two swords, to be wielded by Wolverine and this Solem weirdo.

Also, Grasscutter and Godkiller are both swords wielded by Gorgon. Dunno if that means he will have two, but Betsy doesn't have a named sword.
    Last edited by Frobisher; 09-23-2020 at 08:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Muramasa was a sword maker, so I’m guessing Solem has his own Muramasa Blade like Logan’s. Since it required a piece of his soul to create, I’m guessing both men are so bonded with their blades. Highly interesting, and makes sense as to why they would suddenly be arch-nemeses.

I wasn't expecting the actual SWORD to play a part at all. Whoa.

This was a lot to diggest. We all saw Summoner's betrayal coming but him and War simply killing Apoc (and Rockslide) like that was an effective moment. Same with Apoc crying as he reencounters them. Also Pestilence hit Rictor with her poisoned arrow and I guess that's bound to be a problem for Krakoa too.

Really great issue. Love how Hickman/Tini are always attentive to utilizing lots of different players in the X-Men cast in new and exciting ways. I'm happy that my high expectations for this event were justified.

+ Kate's red gloves are a total LOOK.
    Last edited by nandes; 09-23-2020 at 08:12 AM.

Have we seen Saturyne be portrayed this powerful before? I don't recall her ever stopping time or masking/deflecting telepathic connections.

Also great showing for Polaris and Monet. Though I kinda wish Hickman's and Leah's Polaris interpretations of the character sounded more consistent lol.

RIP Rockslide. I see the game Summoner was playing with him was trying to prove a point...

Outstanding issue. What a wonderful start to the crossover.

I didn't at all expect •-[A]-•'s children to turn on him, and Summoner too! My heart broke when they attacked him.
    Now we understand why Saturnyne hid herself from Betsy - in protection of the Citadel after the Corps were destroyed.

Excellent team of volunteers and I loved the showing for Monet and Polaris. Alex too was pretty heroic.

This is going to be a fun ride. Julio, nooooo!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I loved every single page. Finally some Warren/Apocalypse content. Saturnyne was the head bitch in charge. Polaris was great. I kinda feel sorry for Apocalypse being so dumb.

WTF are Saturnyne's powers? It seemed like she had a counter for everything thrown at her

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    This is totally metal and I love it. It's a contrived contest of champions story again, but we knew that and the art direction is ace.
    I think this is the quote that best sums up my take on it as well. “Totally metal and I love it!”

Astonishing Member

I like chibi death
    so leaving a team of mutants locked in a nother dimension for years backfired, wonder if vault team goes the same.

It is a shame i dont jack about Saturnyne or Otherworld. This really should of been explained better in X-Men. Not excalibur.
    I only continue to read X-books because I don't spend any money on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    I loved every single page. Finally some Warren/Apocalypse content. Saturnyne was the head bitch in charge. Polaris was great. I kinda feel sorry for Apocalypse being so dumb.
    Yes! I thought it was a great moment for them to chat a little bit.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

OMG it was awesome!!!!!!!!! Love Hickamn's X-men so far!!!!