Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Jean and Scott spent 10 years raising young Cable so yeah those are good parents. As for Rachel calling Jean mom...well Hickman has decided to retcon Jean and Rachel as having a more mother-daughter bond that previous writers.

I'd rather just chalk it up to the fact that Jean and Rachel had a very long conversation about their feeling and thanks to Krakoa they're giving their relationship a second chance.

We already saw hints of this during the Xmen Red annual.
    Ok, cool, so it's not totally out of nowhere that Rachel could call Jean 'mom.' I haven't read every appearance, obviously, but I wasn't sure if the two had actually ever spoken, or if Jean still felt a little weird about the idea of an AU 'daughter' of hers banging about (as I recall, she did, quite a long time ago, back in between her first resurrection and second death, IIRC).

Thanks for the heads up! In that case, it's kind of cute, Cable and Rachel not only acting like siblings, but like Scott and Jean are their parents.

From Philly but currently living iin San Francisco.

I didn't know Alex & Lorna having a conversation meant their dating again.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

Thats not true. Rachel has always referred to Jean as mom, both affectionally and sarcastically. Thats been part of her problem as she's expected more out of Jean, than their actual relationship would suggest. With that said since Jean returned during ResureXion, they've had time to actual get closer so them living together has helped their relationship

Hickman hasnt retconned anything. This is character development; nothing about their past has changed. He hasnt even done much besides have them living together as we've still yet to have them interact on panel

I didnt get the impression that Alex was trying to date Lorna at all. EVEN if he was, he's not obsessed over Maddie. Maddie used her TP and magic on him in Hellions so its obvious tht at least part of his feelings towards her were manipulation
    Character development it is. Especially since the last time Jean spoke to Rachel she told her not to call her "mother"

Character development it is. Especially since the last time Jean spoke to Rachel she told her not to call her "mother"
    No. The last time we saw them interact, Jean called her, her daughter

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Anyone know when we last saw the Peak before this? Why did it need to be reactivated? How did Cyclops know where it was?
    i swesr they threw the PEAK at the shield during secret empire. we've not seen it since.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    Oh, something I thought of:

The Starlight Sword = The Peak, a sword (well...sword shaped space station formerly run by SWORD...) bathed in perpetual starlight due to its place in orbit.

Just a thought I had, though, so maybe WAY off...
    omds you're sooooo close to my theory. C'mon you can do better. its on the tip of your tongue.

HOW WILL SATURNYNE IMBUE THE PEAK?????

You're literally so close to it

I'm beginning to suspect that Cyclops is going to use The Peak to destroy the External Gate and that is going to count as breaking the second law, "Respect the land of Krakoa."

Can't wait for the Peak to take over as the new hub of the multiverse after the Starlight Citadel gets blown up.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Incredible Member

So many previous writers in the past decade have just come up with retread events that are essentially the same stories from the Claremont days or from when the X-men were good. They replicate Days of Futures Past all the time, they essentially repeated House of M / Age of Apocalypse several times, and they reuse Phoenix saga stuff all the time. Prior events just seemed to be clothing themselves in the glory of the past as opposed to create anything new or exciting.

Yet here we have Hickman knocking it out of the park with another great X-men event on his hands. After HoX/PoX, I didn't think he could follow it up again with something so promising. He is doing new stuff while incorporating elements from the past in ways that seem obvious (I was definitely not expecting S.W.O.R.D. to play a role despite this being called X of Swords, but now it totally seems obvious)

I am looking forward to seeing how the MCU movies adopt and incorporate elements of Hickman's Krakoa mutants into the movies like how they adapted the Children of Thanos. All the previous events could be easily ignored (Schism between Cyclops and Wolverine? Let's just have them make up later. Original X-men brought from the past? We will just send them back to the past. Alternate reality shenanigans? It was an alternate reality so it doesn't really matter), as it would be hard to ignore the idea of a mutant nation of Krakoa with its own language and burgeoning culture.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I believe that by having replaced Roma as Regent of the Starlight Citadel, Saturnyne will also have acquired her powers.

The typical case of "The ruler of a magical dimension is almost omnipotent while in that magical dimension", as Magik in Limbo or Mephisto in Hell.
    This I believe. By being the ruler of Otherworld she has all of its powers.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    This I believe. By being the ruler of Otherworld she has all of its powers.
    Yeah I think this is how she's that powerful. It is weird that she was able to seize Roma's powers though, and it makes me suspect her.

And I think her influence stops around the Citadel, otherwise she could make short work of Le Fey.

Could Rasputin be coming back. I will **** if she comes back. I loved her character. I think the seeds planted are:
    1. The Magician Card in Powers of X shows her and reads "...the great sword and the girl with one foot in two worlds. I thought two worlds referenced her phasing power, but maybe maybe it actually referenced the starlight citadel.
    2. Rasputin was partly created with DNA from Unus. Why would Hickman use that and then have him be feature in XoS?
    3. She has a freakin' sword!
    I loved this issue and it brought back the excitement I felt during HoX/PoX. This is why I read comics!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    No. The last time we saw them interact, Jean called her, her daughter
    Did she refer to Rachel as her daughter in Extermination? Genuinely asking.

Did she refer to Rachel as her daughter in Extermination? Genuinely asking.
    They didnt interact in that book. X-men Red #9 was the last time

it was such a nice surprise to see Marie Ange involved in this issue... I wish we had more of her and the other original Hellions... Empath is underused too... it would be so nice to see them in their own book. And also, out of the blue, SWORD.. but of course! well done !

Having said that, the issue was very very good and coherent and Pepe´s art was fantastic (though it is getting harder and harder to distinguish Emma and Saturnyne... her interactions with M were taken from the original GenX... they had the same Emma -Monet tint ). I am so looking forward to what comes next. This is at the end of the day the real difference between a superb story arc and a non relevant one is that it has you waiting impatient.
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare