Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

I wonder if the story about Genesis that the summoner gave was true,like if he lied to betray Apoc then maybe Genesis is alive? Alternatively maybe she died but was revived by White Sword (who weirdly looks like Apocalypse's) brother so that would be some trippy Game of Thrones family drama..

Forcefields for everyone! sallyblevins's Avatar

This comic is EPIC. I love every single panel. Larraz is my favorite artist right know, he is killing it, the scene in the healing gardens... I could smell Krakoa for the first time.
    Nice catch about the gloves on Kate hiding the tattoos to Shaw.
    I loved the data pages of Marie-Ange (Tarot) she’s one of my favorites since I was 6, don’t understand the controversy with her. She is not a precog, that’s not her mutant power, she reads the tarot (she’s good) but anyone could. And she was not resurrected in Krakoa. She escaped Necrosha and make a cameo in Spider-Man/Deadpool series.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I honestly find it so hard to believe when people say the age of Krakoa won't last. With all this rich history in such a short time and so much for the rest of the marvel u to now explore and react to, Otherworld, the Eternal Portal, Arrako, the link between summoners and demons. It's like this has made just the marvel u in of itself a huge expanse of places. I can't see it never not being the status quo. Even if it fails it will still exist. The X-world is so detailed and more expansive than even it's mutants now. I love it.
    And the mutants will be stunting in space soon! Boop.

Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    This is so fresh and huge. I can’t believe we’re getting a high fantasy shounen tournament arc in an X-Men crossover!
    Agreed.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I read it and I like the premise straightforward fight to the death I fucks with it! Doesn't seem like there's any real threat though even when Apocalypse was betrayed like that's sad and all but like he can literally be ressurected within an hour. Maybe they'll take out the 5 or something so will have some real stakes.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I wonder if the story about Genesis that the summoner gave was true,like if he lied to betray Apoc then maybe Genesis is alive? Alternatively maybe she died but was revived by White Sword (who weirdly looks like Apocalypse's) brother so that would be some trippy Game of Thrones family drama..
    I mean the character literally just said I'M THE SUMMONER OF LIES lol so yeah I'd say he's def an unreliable narrator.

Mighty Member

I assume these are 1 on 1s

So 10 rounds. With the overall count determining the winner.

Now for it to matter, some of X-men gotta lose, and those deaths gotta stick.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I read it and I like the premise straightforward fight to the death I fucks with it! Doesn't seem like there's any real threat though even when Apocalypse was betrayed like that's sad and all but like he can literally be ressurected within an hour. Maybe they'll take out the 5 or something so will have some real stakes.
    The Horseman and sword bearers of Arrako want to take control of Otherworld and then destroy Krakoa. There wouldn't be anymore resurrections.

Astonishing Member

I mean the stakes are right here in the issue. If the X-Men lose the Arrako army takes Otherworld, Starlight Citadel, and by proxy Earth. Resurrection or not that's kind of game over.

^_^
    Since Archangel, Death always was my favourite Horseman!
    xosdeath.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    I assume these are 1 on 1s

So 10 rounds. With the overall count determining the winner.

Now for it to matter, some of X-men gotta lose, and those deaths gotta stick.
    I mean considering the lineup of major characters I can't imagine too many are going to die. Maybe Doug, Gorgon, and Apocalypse?

I mean yeah but let's be real solicitations are already out for post X of Swords we already know the X people win and with ressurection everyone is safe what are the "real" stakes, nothing honestly.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I mean considering the lineup of major characters I can't imagine too many are going to die. Maybe Doug, Gorgon, and Apocalypse?
    I mean, if it's purely a sword fighting situation, Realistically speaking most shouldn't do well (without pulling from their powers) since only like 4 actually are Swordsmen.

I'm looking forward to the potential integration of these characters and what new roles some may take on in the event's conclusion.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I mean yeah but let's be real solicitations are already out for post X of Swords we already know the X people win and with ressurection everyone is safe what are the "real" stakes, nothing honestly.
    thats the case for nearly every major event. The heroes win 95% of the time. Who goes into a story expecting them to actualy lose? Thats never really been a deterring factor from the enjoyment we get. The journey to get to the end is what we read the books for

Astonishing Member

Tarots form of sight seems extremely vague to the point that even she doesn't know what the hell she's looking at. It's a FAR cry away from someone like Destiny's/Blindfold's ability. So I really don't see the controversy especially when we have characters like Jean and Rachel who have both exhibited precog abilities at one point.