Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

I thought X of Swords would be its own book and the X-books would be tie-ins. Looking at the last page I guess that wasn't the case. Ugh, I hate having 10 different artists and writers for one event. Yeah I'm skipping this.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I read it and it doesnt say she was revived. Unless she died in the gap before HOX, she was already alive prior to this era.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    Tarot was shown in Hellions #1, when Emath forced her, Roulette and Catseye to fight each other.
    Oh, okay. I thought she was still dead. Thanks!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    This is tini + hickman, its their work and every time since day one it has been spoken how important she is to this, her latest excalibur issues have been GOOD and everything she wrote is now for the sake of this story.
    Give her her credit.
    Agree to disagree, ever since Fallen Angels ended Excalibur has consistently been the weakest DoX book for me (including these last few issues, which I admit were an improvement). I get and respect Tini did a lot of the groundwork here but pen to paper I think Hickman's style is what's really bringing this story to life in my eyes. Which is fine, btw. The whole point of DoX is collaboration between writers that Hickman feels can help him tell his story. They cover each other's weak links like good co-workers should so while I'll clown Tini for what I think is a bad book I'd never deny her contributions to the whole story.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Oh, okay. I thought she was still dead. Thanks!
    She was originally resurrected in late 90s X-Force and again in Necrosha. She was one of the resurectees that escaped and remained alive and made appearances in Deadpool until showing up in Hellions

Mighty Member

This was a great issue!!! lots of action, lots of X-Men and surprises.

The art is great too!

Let's hope the other titles in this crossover will be as good as this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    So... the 10 Swords of Krakoa...

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/nami...-ten-spoilers/

I’m guessing The Scarab is Apocalypse’s curved scimitar and Skybreaker is Storm’s sword. I believe Grasscutter is Gorgon’s sword, no? Not sure about Godkiller. Or the Starlight Sword. And it doesn’t look like the Cerebro Sword is one of them at all.
    Grasscutter and Godkiller were swords that featured in Hickman's Secret Warriors series. One was used by Gorgon and the other was wielded by Ares's son, Phobos, before Gorgon killed him and claimed it for himself. God, I wish Phobos would make a reappearance for this event...
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

Other fun details to note:

-Kitty wearing gloves to hide her KILL SHAW tattoos

-Glob and Trinary were replaced on the Hanged Man tarot card. Either that was done to be intentionally misleading or plans changed and the two of them were pushed out of the issue.
    Last edited by Dipter; 09-23-2020 at 11:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Other fun details to note:

-Kitty wearing gloves to hide her KILL SHAW tattoos

-Glob was a placeholder for Rockslide on the FCBD tarot card.
    Nice catch! I hadnt even thought of that

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    this is the best start of an event for marvel PERIOD in years now, krakoa is here to stay babie
    I love it. I don't think some reize what this does for the marvel u as a whole. For the first time in ages the other heros of marvel don't have to leave earth to fight legitimate threat md not every "bad guy" has to come off as a card board cut out. On top of that it opens a world of exploration as so far there is nothing stopping the rest of the mu u from experiencing this large taperstry hickman created.the scene with the saturyne me her preustess reminded me of why hickman went for when trying to expand the inhuman race but now doing it through the mutants has connected it to the tapestry of earth itself which makes the entire mu more exciting imo. I can't see writers not wanting to talk into this or marvel letting it.go when it literally revitalize s not only their entire universe but makes earth iself bigger in their world.

I also love the idea that apic team running in made me think any writer could literally pitch a wild mini with any team ofitants anywhere and it could be feasible. So exciting. Sorry for typos on phone.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Amazing Member

Loved the scene of Cable running back home and interrupting an obvious post-coital Scott and Jean.

Rest of the story is great too. Although I think the review is wrong, I don’t believe that core they went to was on Earth, think it was in SWORD HQ.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Some people are better with ideas than they are putting them to paper though and that's fine imo. She's obviously very imaginative and has an eye for worldbuilding, it's just in Excalibur it hasn't meshed well with pacing or characterization. That it takes another writer to make her book make sense and feel whole is disappointing for me, but I could see the appeal.
    I can't disagree with this. The stories could have been structured in a way that better served those committed to the actual book excalibur so that we understood better and this was the gravy rather than the potatos.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Funny how someone talked about understanding the magic circle in excalibur #12 but no one is talking about the crystal clear magic circle being made here.
    a circle of ten people are getting sacrificed and that goes to the center. saturnyne/starlight citadel. now all thats left is finding out the connection with The Peak.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M. View Post
    Loved the scene of Cable running back home and interrupting an obvious post-coital Scott and Jean.

Rest of the story is great too. Although I think the review is wrong, I don’t believe that core they went to was on Earth, think it was in SWORD HQ.
    huhhhh?? didnt even come to mind.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M. View Post
    I rechecked the scene, they were just having a coffee together and fully clothed and with battle costume too.

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    I rechecked the scene, they were just having a coffee together and fully clothed and with battle costume too.
    maybe he thought that bc for once Jean wasnt wearing that mask or damn gloves