Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
    see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Great issue! For some reason, I’m waiting for Saturnyne to turn out to be Sat-Yr-Nin... I know it’ll never happen because it would take too long to explain who she is...
    LOL, that would be the most Hickman thing ever

Mighty Member

Great issue! For some reason, I’m waiting for Saturnyne to turn out to be Sat-Yr-Nin... I know it’ll never happen because it would take too long to explain who she is...

I’ve suspected Mystique working for Orchis, and her of all people name dropping them during the discussion of new threats made it even more suspicious.

I loved Monet thinking about wanting the job of Omniversal Majestrix.

Also liked name dropping Mad Jim Jaspers.

I have a bad feeling some characters aren’t going to be able to be resurrected...

There's obtuse

There's Hickman obtuse

Then there's this, which I'd like to call Morrison obtuse

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantor View Post
    Yeah and I’m sure X-men fans in the 80s thought storm was the new leader forever and Australia was gonna be there new permanent base. Cmon man!
    There is a difference between a change in team or location and the very fabric of the marvel world. and unlike many a company they managed to expand their universe without even having to reboot everything. Krakoa has been mentioned in Valkeyrie, Immortal Shehulk, Deadpool Immortal hulk, Strange Academy and a few other books. Not to mention the credit Krakoa and mutants got for taking out the moon Cotai. It is slowly expanding into the entire fabric of the marvel u. That did not happen with his FF run etc.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Mighty Member

I highly doubt Krakoa is going anywhere.

Now Krakoa as it is, I don't see being Krakoa of the future. But it's basically become an established landmark like Latveria and Madripoor.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Every Hickman run ends with all pieces right back in the box like nothing happened. FF Avengers Secret Warriors everything. I do not know why people think this is the new permanent status quo it goes against everything the says or thinks or believes about comics. Hickman loves the illusion of change. He has said it multiple times! This is his run and when it’s done it will be erased by himself just like he erased all of secrecy wars by himself. It’s what he does!
    You're missing the point on what he said- it was never about keeping the status quo in the end, it was just about not making characters unusable and/or the franchise inviable. It was about adding stuff, not subtracting- the Future Foundation didn't end when Hickman left the book, nor did he kill the characters he created or brought to the Avengers like Hyperion, Smasher or Sunspot. Likewise, a lot of the character development Hickman did wasn't undone, but was explored further by himself in other series or after- most notably Bendis picking up what he did with Dr. Doom, or Ewing expanding on what he did with Galactus.

Plus, he was brought in because the books weren't selling with the X-men sitting pretty in a mansion. As long as that continues, Krakoa will probably stay- that is, unless he leaves for DC and the editor gets mad at him and decides to undo what he did because of spite.

so question so I dont get too confused as always what issues Should I have before starting this issue? Havent been reading all the other x titles
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

I’ve suspected Mystique working for Orchis, and her of all people name dropping them during the discussion of new threats made it even more suspicious.
    I had the same thought when she mentioned them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    so question so I dont get too confused as always what issues Should I have before starting this issue? Havent been reading all the other x titles
    Excalibur #12 and X-Men #12 are the preludes. There are other issues you can pick up (X-Men #2, the recent Excalibur issues) but those two are directly connected.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

Every Hickman run ends with all pieces right back in the box like nothing happened. FF Avengers Secret Warriors everything. I do not know why people think this is the new permanent status quo it goes against everything the says or thinks or believes about comics. Hickman loves the illusion of change. He has said it multiple times! This is his run and when it’s done it will be erased by himself just like he erased all of secrecy wars by himself. It’s what he does!
    I feel like people are acting like there isn't a middle ground. I think Hickman is overhyped but most of what he's done with the X-Men is above anything we've seen in years and the writers he's brought on are fast leaving a legacy of their own. Parts of the contributions they make to the X-mythos will become fixtures of the franchise and parts of it won't. That's the nature of storytelling with different writers.

I think we can safely say Krakoa will displace Genosha as the de facto "mutant nation-state". It's biopunk aesthetic and lore all but assures it stands next to the likes of Wakanda and Latveria as a fictional concept in MU geopolitics. But it'll likely be made more conventional, with the resurrections and insta-teleportation going away.

Some characters, like Isca and Rasputin, might be fan-favorites a decade from now. A lot of them won't, just like in his Avengers and FF runs. Some of the villains like Annihilation and the black hole computer gods might join the X-Men rogues gallery, while Xeno and the Flower Cartel are never seen again. When the X-Men enter the MCU in 5 years or so we can expect their comic status quo to somewhat reflect whatever direction that goes in. People thinking the X-Men won't be back in the mansion for a decade are deluding themselves. But people who think nothing from Hickman's era will be revisited are equally delusional.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post

Excalibur #12 and X-Men #12 are the preludes. There are other issues you can pick up (X-Men #2, the recent Excalibur issues) but those two are directly connected.
    Gotcha Thanks
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    LOL, that would be the most Hickman thing ever
    I want that so bad! And surprise Merlin cameo!

BANNED

Well that was good. Looks like after 12 issues of foreplay we are finally getting down to some business with Hickman, just like I always knew we would.

This is how you start an event... (Looking at you Al Ewing and Jason Aaron.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I feel like people are acting like there isn't a middle ground. I think Hickman is overhyped but most of what he's done with the X-Men is above anything we've seen in years and the writers he's brought on are fast leaving a legacy of their own. Parts of the contributions they make to the X-mythos will become fixtures of the franchise and parts of it won't. That's the nature of storytelling with different writers.

I think we can safely say Krakoa will displace Genosha as the de facto "mutant nation-state". It's biopunk aesthetic and lore all but assures it stands next to the likes of Wakanda and Latveria as a fictional concept in MU geopolitics. But it'll likely be made more conventional, with the resurrections and insta-teleportation going away.

Some characters, like Isca and Rasputin, might be fan-favorites a decade from now. A lot of them won't, just like in his Avengers and FF runs. Some of the villains like Annihilation and the black hole computer gods might join the X-Men rogues gallery, while Xeno and the Flower Cartel are never seen again. When the X-Men enter the MCU in 5 years or so we can expect their comic status quo to somewhat reflect whatever direction that goes in. People thinking the X-Men won't be back in the mansion for a decade are deluding themselves. But people who think nothing from Hickman's era will be revisited are equally delusional.
    I’m not arguing this if you people think this story and setting and stuff is gonna matter in ten years your crazy. It’s just not, all things are temporary in comics and reset to the most accessible versions. Immortal X-men on a living island is not gonna be a movie just like the incursions were not a movie. The X-men are getting a push to refresh the ip but this is not the status quo we will see on other mediums. I don’t care how you feel I don’t care that the 20 writers that work at marvel put krakoa references in other books. It doesn’t matter. It will end it will be retconned cause that’s comics. That you don’t see that is on you but this is clearly a very specific story and when it ends it will be end. We will not be reading about krakoa for 30 years I’m sorry but that’s the way it is

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    I highly doubt Krakoa is going anywhere.

Now Krakoa as it is, I don't see being Krakoa of the future. But it's basically become an established landmark like Latveria and Madripoor.
    My only concern is that Hickman said that immediately they had all these destructive pitches from one-trick hacks. He stopped that but who’s to say what happens eventually. Even now, you know Percy would mess it all up if he could.

As for this series, it still seems so long but at least it’s off to a great start.

Well that was entertaining and I cant wait to read next issue.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    My only concern is that Hickman said that immediately they had all these destructive pitches from one-trick hacks. He stopped that but who’s to say what happens eventually. Even now, you know Percy would mess it all up if he could.

As for this series, it still seems so long but at least it’s off to a great start.
    I don't think Percy is commited to blowing up everything. I think he's commited to high octane. Cause while he likes things to explode, they don't explode big.