Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I really wish people would stop trying to pick apart the story to see who they should give credit to Hickman or Tini.

Do people not know what a collaborative work means? Tini has some really great and bold ideas and those ideas in the hands of someone like Hickman makes for a incredible story like this one. So let's just applaud both writers
    This. It was a great issue, in my opinion, and I hope the rest of the crossover is as good.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    I'm pleasantly surprise people still remember it tbh. It was so underrated and that last series really hurt it.
    It, like a lot of things, was too smart for its own good. I feel like a lot of shows that are smart don't get to last as long, simply because it's too complicated for a broader audience.

Lol, no issue of Excalibur were stellar at all. Excalibur is a bad written book.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    I don't know man, i mean every time i look at Kid Cable i seem him venting the OG one and no one giving him grief about it and as far as Rachel i see her being taken by Ahab and Jean not showing the proper response to it. And really in the end i always come back to the forgone conclusion that it won't matter because we know the reset is coming. But that's just me i guess.
    With Rachel I always thought that since she's from an alternate future her mother is a different jean grey and with all the tragic backstory involving her family in her timeline, she always had difficulty connecting to this jean grey and jean never wanting to force anything. With recent years I'd like to think that as Rachel dealt with her past trauma she's kindled a relationship with Jean. But it is weird that no one seems to mind that kid cable just killed his older self when they all have a reconnection with him rather than teenage him.

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    With Rachel I always thought that since she's from an alternate future her mother is a different jean grey and with all the tragic backstory involving her family in her timeline, she always had difficulty connecting to this jean grey and jean never wanting to force anything. With recent years I'd like to think that as Rachel dealt with her past trauma she's kindled a relationship with Jean. But it is weird that no one seems to mind that kid cable just killed his older self when they all have a reconnection with him rather than teenage him.
    I predict when Marvel is done with Kid Cable, he’ll go back to the future and old Cable will be resurrected when he’s gone. It probably already happened what with old Cable in Cable’s comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    I predict when Marvel is done with Kid Cable, he’ll go back to the future and old Cable will be resurrected when he’s gone. It probably already happened what with old Cable in Cable’s comic.
    Him going back to the future would just be a repeat of the o5 going back to their timeline. I just don't understand why marvel thought doing this younger time displaced nonsense would be a good idea again.

They just don’t seem to know what to do with Cable as a character. Ever since they brought him back after his “death” in Second Coming. I actually loved his role running the mutant CIA during Spurrier’s X-Force run, but unfortunately that comic didn’t take off. I think largely because the art was a turnoff honestly. But now Beast and Logan run the mutant CIA, so that’s not a role that’s presently open for Nathan to fill.

BANNED

Him going back to the future would just be a repeat of the o5 going back to their timeline. I just don't understand why marvel thought doing this younger time displaced nonsense would be a good idea again.
    You don't like the cute, endearing, necessary family scenes?

"Can I trade guns, Mom?" Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    I doubt it. Kid Cable is even on Sword team now. Marvel pushes him really hard now for some weird reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    You don't like the cute, endearing, necessary family scenes?

"Can I trade guns, Mom?" Lol
    They make his presence tolerable ngl but I'm just not looking forward to the nonsense that is going to ensue from writers trying to make sense of kid cable and cable existing in the same timeline

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I doubt it. Kid Cable is even on Sword team now. Marvel pushes him really hard now for some weird reason.
    and once upon a time they were pushing teen Jean really hard until they brought back the original and got rid of her teen counterpart. The same will happen with Cable

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

They make his presence tolerable ngl but I'm just not looking forward to the nonsense that is going to ensue from writers trying to make sense of kid cable and cable existing in the same timeline
    If they're like this last one, Nope.

Ultimate Member

Yeah, it's perplexing. Every time I see any version of Cable on a team or cover, I think, "This could have been Bishop..."

Lol, no issue of Excalibur were stellar at all. Excalibur is a bad written book.
    Last couple issues were good.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Yeah, it's perplexing. Every time I see any version of Cable on a team or cover, I think, "This could have been Bishop..."
    When I saw Rockslide die, I thought "this should have been Herman".