Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334 LastLast
    Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    I just remembered something. Aren’t Chamber and Blink both descendants of Apocalypse? I wonder if it’s relevant at all or even remembered
    This could bring about a much-needed push for both.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I doubt it. Kid Cable is even on Sword team now. Marvel pushes him really hard now for some weird reason.
    Well, they thought it would be a good idea to introduce a teenage version of Cable by having him murder the older one saying he's lame and soft, and then they put him in a book that was designed to appeal to 90's X-force fans. And they're the same kind of people that thought it was a good idea to call Scott the mutant Hitler and kill him off panel saying he did a lot of awful things, but not exactly what.

It's also possible that, since they plan these things very far ahead, they were not aware of the Wi-Fi backlash yet. Or they are just proud to admit they made a mistake and want to force people to admit they're right- which is what happened with Cyclops since Schism and AvX.

Spectacular Member

I wonder what happened in the last 28 (in universe) years to so radically change the First Horsemen's opinion of Apocalypse.

Remember, in Life 9 Moira and Apocalypse got together and rescued the First Horsemen from Amenth. This would suggest that they also recruited Krakoa and established the External Gate a long time before Xavier would come up with the idea in Life 10.

I tend to think the white-water torrent of ideas flooding out of this new status quo causes people to forget about Moira and what she's already seen. In Life 9 - she - was Mrs Apocalypse, and you'd have to think knew all about the situation of Arrako's mutants. She didn't warn Xavier and Magneto what Krakoa and Apocalypse would have in common?

Of course, it's possible Hickman just forgot all about what he wrote........

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    When I saw Rockslide die, I thought "this should have been Herman".
    Right? There was no need to swap glob for rockslide if he was going to get sliced in two

Quote Originally Posted by Nullviahomo View Post
    I tend to think the white-water torrent of ideas flooding out of this new status quo causes people to forget about Moira and what she's already seen. In Life 9 - she - was Mrs Apocalypse, and you'd have to think knew all about the situation of Arrako's mutants. She didn't warn Xavier and Magneto what Krakoa and Apocalypse would have in common?
    Good point. Unless she wants X of Swords to happen and whatever results come of it.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I wonder what happened in the last 28 (in universe) years to so radically change the First Horsemen's opinion of Apocalypse.

Remember, in Life 9 Moira and Apocalypse got together and rescued the First Horsemen from Amenth. This would suggest that they also recruited Krakoa and established the External Gate a long time before Xavier would come up with the idea in Life 10.

Wow, you're absolutely right. She easily spent the most time with Apocalypse of the three men, and was likely privy to a metric ton of information regarding his beliefs, background, etc... That's also the life we know the least about. Hopefully this is intentional on Hickman's part, because this whole Krakoa-has-another-demon-infested-half-it's-keen-merging-with is something Xavier would've loved to know ahead of time.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    They make his presence tolerable ngl but I'm just not looking forward to the nonsense that is going to ensue from writers trying to make sense of kid cable and cable existing in the same timeline
    I doubt it. The entire point of Kid Cable offing that useless old man was because Cable endangered the timeline by not sending the 05 back immediately. I doubt Marvel will do a rehash of that plot.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

About the last part: HELL NO.

While we don't have enough information yet, it's possible that Apocalypse actually showing up to rescue them, as well as continuing his Darwinist attitude to an extreme degree might have been enough to not let have them kill him on the spot. While this "soft" Apocalypse that hangs around in Krakoa and didn't rescue them is just unbearable.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Well, they thought it would be a good idea to introduce a teenage version of Cable by having him murder the older one saying he's lame and soft, and then they put him in a book that was designed to appeal to 90's X-force fans. And they're the same kind of people that thought it was a good idea to call Scott the mutant Hitler and kill him off panel saying he did a lot of awful things, but not exactly what.

It's also possible that, since they plan these things very far ahead, they were not aware of the Wi-Fi backlash yet. Or they are just proud to admit they made a mistake and want to force people to admit they're right- which is what happened with Cyclops since Schism and AvX.
    They are pushing him cause they can’t have josh brolin play cable in an mcu movie. Kid cable is mcu cable. That’s why he is awful. He is an overthought over designed answer to how to get a young person to play cable in a movie. He was reverse built for that purpose which is he feels forced and artificially dropped into the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantor View Post
    They are pushing him cause they can’t have josh brolin play cable in an mcu movie. Kid cable is mcu cable. That’s why he is awful. He is an overthought over designed answer to how to get a young person to play cable in a movie. He was reverse built for that purpose which is he feels forced and artificially dropped into the story.
    Say what!? I’m not sure I can even follow this logic.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Say what!? I’m not sure I can even follow this logic.
    Who played cable in Deadpool 2? Think about it. Isn’t that guy busy already with another major mcu role?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    About the last part: HELL NO.

While we don't have enough information yet, it's possible that Apocalypse actually showing up to rescue them, as well as continuing his Darwinist attitude to an extreme degree might have been enough to not let have them kill him on the spot. While this "soft" Apocalypse that hangs around in Krakoa and didn't rescue them is just unbearable.
    You really can’t tell what what Moira did in life 9 to win them over? SHE KILLED GENESIS! You know apocalypses wife and mother of the horsemen and clearly the source of the grudge lol. Tini Howard said xos is a love story so it’s gonna be about apocalypse dealing with his wife and in life 9 that doses not happen Moria must want apocalypse to either reconcile with her to get Arakko and amath on her side which she didn’t do in life 9 csuse they were not there

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I doubt it. Kid Cable is even on Sword team now. Marvel pushes him really hard now for some weird reason.
    Editorial just loves Cable in general. As many solos/lead character spots as he gets, one would think he is a big sales draw.

Some characters just appeal to the average comic book writer.

Astonishing Member

Tbh Moira seems to have taken on a type of WATCHER role after the fiasco with Magneto. Possible that she's become paranoid that her interventions in the timeline will actually make things worse for mutantkind down the line which means very limited involvement .

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantor View Post
    Who played cable in Deadpool 2? Think about it. Isn’t that guy busy already with another major mcu role?
    No, he’s not (/Endgame spoiler).