Page 16 of 34 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Gorgon could just give one of his two swords to another combatant. Or they could earn it.
    True. But in looking at the image in the tarot card for Ten of Swords, there are ten swordbearers and Gorgon is holding two swords. So I'm assuming he has both Grasscutter and Godkiller, and there is an 11th sword perhaps yet unnamed. Either that or he gave one of his swords to someone else, as you state, and is just holding a second sword that has no name.

So, if I had to whittle down THE most important issues to read prior to taking on X of Swords, what would we list? I have Excalibur (the full run, issues 001-012), and X-Men issues 003, 007, and 012. Any others?

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    So, if I had to whittle down THE most important issues to read prior to taking on X of Swords, what would we list? I have Excalibur (the full run, issues 001-012), and X-Men issues 003, 007, and 012. Any others?
    The Path to X of Swords books:
    Excalibur 12
    X-men 12
    X-force 12 (optional as of now)
    Cable 4 (optional as of now)

You most certainly dont need to read all of Excalibur. Most of it is not good and most certainly isnt needed to grasp this story. Exc and X-men #12s both tie directly into this first issue as laying down alot of the groundwork. X-force and Cable dont factor in but do show us the current status of two Swords. Cable's comes into play here and the Cerebro Sword may turn up later

Additionally I'd check out the X-men issues which feature Summoner for more on him. X-men 2 and 11 give us some backstory.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I like it. X Factor has a more laid-back lighter tone feel to it so wouldn't really make much sense for her to wear that outfit especially since in this Mission she's representing not only herself but the House of M. Got to wear that battle armor like father!
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Those look like street clothes. I think the costume used looked better than how the X-Factor one would have in those panels
    Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Something something mutant clothing
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Laraz draws her with class, let's keep it that way at least until the X factor issue
    Rachel is in her X-Factor outfit here. Polaris's X-Factor design is better than the one used here and that's facts.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Rachel is in her X-Factor outfit here. Polaris's X-Factor design is better than the one used here and that's facts.
    Rachel didnt fight in this issue. Her only role was to stand around and do a telepathic probe of an unconscious Banshee. I stand by Lorna's costume being more fit for a battle scene than the street clothes she wears in X-Factor. The visuals looked good and she fit right in whereas she'd look out of place next to the rest of the costumed heroes IMO with her X-Factor look

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    True. But in looking at the image in the tarot card for Ten of Swords, there are ten swordbearers and Gorgon is holding two swords. So I'm assuming he has both Grasscutter and Godkiller, and there is an 11th sword perhaps yet unnamed. Either that or he gave one of his swords to someone else, as you state, and is just holding a second sword that has no name.
    Imagine the rules get specified into that it doesn't matter who's side has the most sword bearers standing, but who has all 10 swords of the enemies side. Less team death match and more capture the flag. With both sides essentialy burning out on their good swordsmen early on and by the end it's some random Arrako mutants with names like "Dorn the coffee cup holder" fighting against the X-men's c-listers over the last swords.

I'm kidding of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    "Dorn the coffee cup holder" fighting against the X-men's c-listers over the last swords.
    Only Doug can save us now!
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Oh, something I thought of:

The Starlight Sword = The Peak, a sword (well...sword shaped space station formerly run by SWORD...) bathed in perpetual starlight due to its place in orbit.

Just a thought I had, though, so maybe WAY off...

Incredible Member

Kitty, Rachel, Meggan and Kurt had plenty of experience dealing with Otherworld and Saturnyne (and her predecessor Roma) during their Excalibur days. Hopefully, they get more involved in later issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani5 View Post
    Apocalypse is so out of character. For someone who is all about survival of the fittest, he came off very weak and vulnerable. Granted that was his family, why is he so naive and trustful. He barely fought back after he was stabbed. Apocalypse never runs away from a good fight. And why is he going to war with a random bunch of strangers. Whatever happen to his mutant minions that did his bidding back in the day. He would have been better off bringing Gideon and Selene. Homeboy should have brought serious firepower. It’s one thing to be outsmarted but to portray the character with such naïveté is straight up disrespectful. There better be a plot twist. I just expected more from Mr. Survival of the Fittest.
    Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT View Post
    I agree completely. He knew he was going into a wolf's den and he brought a few mutant volunteers. Uh what?
    No horseman or amped up mutants. No externals for whatever reason. Didn't he, his og horseman, wife and a bunch of other mutants fight a losing battle to the enemy with the Twilight sword?

Besides that he is also way too soft. He just beat Aero to death a few issues ago and now even his kids are telling him he is pathetic. Hopefully it will get better from here.
    Have you read The Rise Of Apocalypse?

This literally was pulled right from the pages of that series.
    Last edited by numberthirty; 09-23-2020 at 04:26 PM.

Anyone know when we last saw the Peak before this? Why did it need to be reactivated? How did Cyclops know where it was?

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    The Starlight Sword = The Peak, a sword (well...sword shaped space station formerly run by SWORD...) bathed in perpetual starlight due to its place in orbit.
    Nice theory.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT View Post
    I agree completely. He knew he was going into a wolf's den and he brought a few mutant volunteers. Uh what?
    No horseman or amped up mutants. No externals for whatever reason. Didn't he, his og horseman, wife and a bunch of other mutants fight a losing battle to the enemy with the Twilight sword?

Besides that he is also way too soft. He just beat Aero to death a few issues ago and now even his kids are telling him he is pathetic. Hopefully it will get better from here.
    Idk if I would consider this as out of character, because they made it clear that this is Apocalypse's weak spot. Even earlier in the issue he shows no remorse for what he did to Angel, so we're supposed to be especially shocked when he shows vulnerability.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Have you read The Rise Of Apocalypse?

This literally was pulled right from the pages of that series.
    I am not familiar with that. Can I get issue numbers? Or was it an ogn?
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Seeing Apocalypse say, "My god.." kinda shows that **** has definitely hit the fan.

This is the mutant that caused the fall of the Bronze Age, so count me as super stoked to see Apocalypse's final fate.