Page 17 of 34 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I am not familiar with that. Can I get issue numbers? Or was it an ogn?
    Four issue late nineties limited series. While I'm not a hundred percent, I believe that there is a "Collection" TPB.

https://www.marvel.com/comics/issue/...calypse_1996_1

One other thing...

"Pulled From..." in terms of Apocolypse's characterization.

BANNED

I literally just made an account to respond to this thread cause you people don’t get it!!. Apocalypse isn’t the hero of the story, he is the Villian! The fight that split krakoa in two was with his wife! Genesis didn’t fight annihilation. she was always annihilation and her card shows she is two faced. Angel said it himself. Apocalypse thinks he can do anything if he means well. Also did none of you notice how exodus mentioned how he and Kurt have started to notice they are already losing and despite everything the mutants are somehow in a worse position now then when they were going extinct. DOX is a snowball storyline and everything is gonna be crushed eventually. You want the perfect example of how Hickman is tricking you. Re-read infinity in avengers there is a scene where Namor mentions how everything is ending and they are all doomed but we gotta put that on hold because Thanos is mad at black bolt lol. This is the turn. After this story and the fallout things will finally begin to speed up as we get to the meat of the of the story

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Four issue late nineties limited series. While I'm not a hundred percent, I believe that there is a "Collection" TPB.

https://www.marvel.com/comics/issue/...calypse_1996_1

One other thing...

"Pulled From..." in terms of Apocolypse's characterization.
    THAT WAS KANG!! Apocalypse was just a goon!

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantor View Post
    I literally just made an account to respond to this thread cause you people don’t get it!!. Apocalypse isn’t the hero of the story, he is the Villian! The fight that split krakoa in two was with his wife! Genesis didn’t fight annihilation. she was always annihilation and her card shows she is two faced. Angel said it himself. Apocalypse thinks he can do anything if he means well. Also did none of you notice how exodus mentioned how he and Kurt have started to notice they are already losing and despite everything the mutants are somehow in a worse position now then when they were going extinct. DOX is a snowball storyline and everything is gonna be crushed eventually. You want the perfect example of how Hickman is tricking you. Re-read infinity in avengers there is a scene where Namor mentions how everything is ending and they are all doomed but we gotta put that on hold because Thanos is mad at black bolt lol. This is the turn. After this story and the fallout things will finally begin to speed up as we get to the meat of the of the story
    Well...

This looks a bit familiar...

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

I really like this interpretation, Hickman is one of the only creators that I want to see all the way through. He makes me wish I had a time machine so I can see the end because his writing is palpable.

He's one of the few writers that can stick the landing on long form writing.

I'm not sure if this has been done already, but I noticed that Doug translated literally what Krakoa said, so I managed to work out what each character means. Much like Krakoan, it's just english with a different symbol for each letter.
    krakoa's language.jpg

This is the only panel where Doug doesn't translate. Btw, the extra 's' are not mistakes.
    Screen Shot 2020-09-23 at 6.50.37 PM.jpg

What I also found interesting, is that in HoXPoX, Krakoa just spoke gibberish. Maybe after spending more time with Doug Krakoa started to speak in a manner similar to him?
    Screen Shot 2020-09-23 at 7.08.42 PM.jpg

I’m glad they didn’t play around with summoner being a villain, I was afraid they might despite the signposting making it obvious he was the betrayer. I guess we got confirmation that apocalypse sacrificed the kids and wife to save his own ass. I’m excited to see where this goes next. The ending did make me think if we are about to get another battleworld but I know that’s silly. I’m excited to see what’s next!

War is Bae

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Well...

This looks a bit familiar...
    Yeah it’s familiar because it follows story structure. What do you think is gonna happen. The heroes win and get everything they wanted and then have a wedding we already did that and it was called empyire and it sucked stories need stakes and the writers already said this all about apocalypse and his wife everything else is just misdirections

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I really like this interpretation, Hickman is one of the only creators that I want to see all the way through. He makes me wish I had a time machine so I can see the end because his writing is palpable.

He's one of the few writers that can stick the landing on long form writing.
    Like to add expect during every major storyline to have the respawn system break. It’s like the transporters in Star Trek they work until they don’t. And yeah I hate the resurrection system if you want to know why go play the game SOMA it explains why what the five are doing is so evil it’s hard to comprehend or explain.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by silence. View Post
    I’m glad they didn’t play around with summoner being a villain, I was afraid they might despite the signposting making it obvious he was the betrayer. I guess we got confirmation that apocalypse sacrificed the kids and wife to save his own ass. I’m excited to see where this goes next. The ending did make me think if we are about to get another battleworld but I know that’s silly. I’m excited to see what’s next!

War is Bae
    He didn’t sacrifice them HE WAS FIGHTING HIS WIFE THE WHOLE TIME!!

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Except the fact that she can see the future in her cards making her a precog. So what sets her apart from destiny and ruth? I;m glad she is here but it opens a box of questions for sure.
    Tarot reading isn’t really about future seeing. It’s more like... it’s more about the present really. It presents possible options but in no way definite or equivalent to what Destiny does. It’s more like “here’s the energy surrounding you and where it might lead”. It’s less about looking forward than it is contextualising the present.

He didn’t sacrifice them HE WAS FIGHTING HIS WIFE THE WHOLE TIME!!
    Maybe, but going with “Apocalypse is an arse” feels like the safest bet for me

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I mean yeah but let's be real solicitations are already out for post X of Swords we already know the X people win and with ressurection everyone is safe what are the "real" stakes, nothing honestly.
    Well the last event from the writer changed the status quo completely. So maybe give it like ... more than one issue sis

BANNED

Tarot reading isn’t really about future seeing. It’s more like... it’s more about the present really. It presents possible options but in no way definite or equivalent to what Destiny does. It’s more like “here’s the energy surrounding you and where it might lead”. It’s less about looking forward than it is contextualising the present.
    OMG stop arguing about this! ITS NOT ABOUT PRE-COGS!! It’s just destiny only destiny Moria hates destiny and made up a rule to keep her dead stop thinking so hard!

BANNED

Maybe, but going with “Apocalypse is an arse” feels like the safest bet for me
    I don’t think you get bigger ass than I tried to murder my wife my kids sided with her so I ditched them in hell. Seems in character to me