Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    I rechecked the scene, they were just having a coffee together and fully clothed and with battle costume too.
    Her mask was off. They smushed.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Mighty Member

Also since this is basically just a glorified tournament arc.

These fights better be the coolest things ever.

Like if these fights aren't amazing, this event is a failure.

Fantastic Member

Since Gorgon had two Blades, and this a gladiator tournament... They should take a detour to the mojoverse and get the ringer known as shatterstar involved

Mighty Member

So the championsare going to be in that one picture right? Apocalypse, Wolverine Betsy storm and all them right?

Here we go. This was a lot, but got me excited. Good start so far. A lot to digest here.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 09-23-2020 at 11:49 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Askani5 View Post
    Apocalypse is so out of character. For someone who is all about survival of the fittest, he came off very weak and vulnerable. Granted that was his family, why is he so naive and trustful. He barely fought back after he was stabbed. Apocalypse never runs away from a good fight. And why is he going to war with a random bunch of strangers. Whatever happen to his mutant minions that did his bidding back in the day. He would have been better off bringing Gideon and Selene. Homeboy should have brought serious firepower. It’s one thing to be outsmarted but to portray the character with such naïveté is straight up disrespectful. There better be a plot twist. I just expected more from Mr. Survival of the Fittest.
    I mean that's kind of the point this is something he's wanted for thousands of years to finally be reunited with his family, of course he let his guard down. It's one of those rare moments where Apocalypse is actually showing human emotion other than scorn and disdain.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I'm ready for the omegas who will get swords to make these girls regret they ever stepped foot in Otherworld.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

So, going to speculate that everything up to Stasis is gathering the swords, and then the back half is the contest. Make sense?

Great art plus a nicely dumbed down explanation for WTF is going on here since I dropped Excalibur long ago.

-Krakoa effectively threatening every mutant so that it can get what it wants? Brilliant. Screw your council. Do what I say!
    -Summoner riding NOT!Cthulhu? Ia! Ia!
    -Rockslide getting top billing on the Dramatis Personae page? You in danger, girl!
    -Summoner finally killing Rockslide? The foreshadowing on this was painfully obvious for months with their 'game'.
    -Siryn on the tarot card art replacing Banshee? Sly X-creators.
    -M wanting to become Omniversal Majestrix? Monet dreams big, bless her. And her Penance form is always a delight to see... though I figured she'd be without telepathy in said form like Emma is while in her diamond form.
    -Kid Cable and Rachel having telepathic sibling adventures then running to get help from mom and dad? Cute.
    -Apocalypse's original Horsemen are his kids? Perfect.
    -Archangel, Horseman of Death, fighting Apocalypse's son, the original Death? Nice.
    -Archangel calling Apocalypse on his **** before said **** came back to stab him in the front and the back? Wonderful.
    -Archangel carrying half-dead Apocalypse to safety? Priceless.
    -Death being turned into the petulant little child he is by NOT!Emma Frost? HilaRios!
    -OMGWTFS.W.⨂.R.D.?! This makes perfect sense yet is so left field! I'm here for it!

Favourite panels...
    xos1.jpg
    xos2.jpg
    xos3.jpg
    Last edited by nx01a; 09-23-2020 at 12:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    What is Apocalypse going to do to force someone to accompany him to Otherworld? Threatening to kill them? He is acting without the authorization of the Council, he has no real or legal capacity to force anyone to do anything.

He can't even threaten them because there are mutants far more powerful than him on Krakoa. It would be an idiot to go "I rule because I am the strongest" when Franklin Richards, Proteus, Monarch or Vulcan can vaporize him without undue effort.
    It depends if Apocalypse still does his soul transference thing of old, he could survive those guys. I kind of feel those abilities could be in play unless the writers made them redundant because of the protocols

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Great art plus a nicely dumbed down explanation for WTF is going on here since I dropped Excalibur long ago.

-Summoner riding NOT!Cthulhu? Ia! Ia!
    -Rockslide getting top billing on the Dramatis Personae page? You in danger, girl!
    -Summoner finally killing Rockslide? The foreshadowing on this was painfully obvious for months with their 'game'.
    Months? The game started less than a month ago...lol. More like weeks

This is so fresh and huge. I can’t believe we’re getting a high fantasy shounen tournament arc in an X-Men crossover!

Astonishing Member

And there's just so much about this issue that I loved and it's just so dense I can definitely see Howard and Hickman's influence on this issue.

This is some DBZ World Martial Arts Tournament type ish lol!! The good and the bad guys have three days to collect their swords and their champions before coming back to Otherworld to fight in a tournament that can decide the fate of their worlds. So anime I love it lol

So many characters got some really great moments in this issue. Apocalypse, Krakoa, Summoner, Polaris, Monet, Saturnyne, Kod Cable, Rachel, Siryn, Angel, etc.

Also now i feel each chapter of the main book will be broken down into the tarots. IN such this first issue everything in the first tarot happened, the team in the picture plus monet was there, time for them was stopped by Saturyne and a game was made with the champions of krakoa vs. the champions of Arrako. Next card up is the person left wanting with given the layout of upcoming issues i will say connects to Storm.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Months? The game started less than a month ago...lol. More like weeks
    It feels like months somehow. :P I thought this game started at the beginning of the first Empyre X-Men tie-in issue.
    Last edited by nx01a; 09-23-2020 at 12:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'