Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

My expectations were very low until now.
    Hickman explores the Otherworld in one issue in the way Tini wasn't able to do in 12 Excalibur issues.
    It looks like Lord of the rings or Game of thrones, a truly epic story.
    Hope Brian, Betsy, Roma and the other Marvel UK characters will get the same good writing Saturnyne got here.

So wait a sec is it going to be 10 vs 10 or is it going to be just 10 people fighting over those 10 blades?

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    So wait a sec is it going to be 10 vs 10 or is it going to be just 10 people fighting over those 10 blades?
    10 vs 10.

Champions of Otherworld vs Swordbearers of Arakko.

If Arakko wins, they will take control of Otherworld and all of Amenth's armies will be able to march against Krakoa. It is finally possible to understand how Brian Braddock is one of the ten when he is not a mutant. They are not fighting on behalf of Krakoa, they are representing Otherworld.

Rictor taking Pestlience's disease back to Krakoa is going to be such a mess. Can't wait.

Such an epic start to the event of the year! I can't wait to see Apoc reaction to being gutted by his kid/grandkid. I'm guessing he'll be proud as heck. Art was off the charts. I'm going to re-read Excalibur to see what hints I didn't pick up on before. 10/10.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Rictor taking Pestlience's disease back to Krakoa is going to be such a mess. Can't wait.
    Hasn't Banshee already brought it back thanks to being 'saved' by Summoner?
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

I’m shocked at how good this was. Really glad I waited till after work to read so I could absorb it all. Apocalypse was surprisingly humanized and I LOVED Angel’s exchange with him. I feel like we were missing interactions like this during HOX/POX.

So we got a 10 v 10 tournament while the Hidden San-I mean Hidden So-I mean Annihilation may have snuck forces in via Banshee, Apoc, and Rictor?

With the Peak back on Earth, maybe this might clear that faithful decision Scott makes in XM 16.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Hasn't Banshee already brought it back thanks to being 'saved' by Summoner?
    We never actually saw Banshee get hit by Pestilence, we explicitly know Rictor has been.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    So we got a 10 v 10 tournament while the Hidden San-I mean Hidden So-I mean Annihilation may have snuck forces in via Banshee, Apoc, and Rictor?

With the Peak back on Earth, maybe this might clear that faithful decision Scott makes in XM 16.
    Like using the death star laser of the S.W.O.R.D base to destroy part of Krakoa, in order to destroy the enemy or stop a spread of the pestilence? If someone of the X-men would be willing to shoulder that decision in order to safe the day, it would likely be Cyclops.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I wonder if the story about Genesis that the summoner gave was true,like if he lied to betray Apoc then maybe Genesis is alive? Alternatively maybe she died but was revived by White Sword (who weirdly looks like Apocalypse's) brother so that would be some trippy Game of Thrones family drama..
    I think she’s “dead” in that she’s become Annihilation.

Quote Originally Posted by MosSuperman View Post
    I thought X of Swords would be its own book and the X-books would be tie-ins. Looking at the last page I guess that wasn't the case. Ugh, I hate having 10 different artists and writers for one event. Yeah I'm skipping this.
    I’m buying it all cause I’m a sucker and I buy all the books anyway. But this isn’t good.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin705 View Post
    Since Gorgon had two Blades, and this a gladiator tournament... They should take a detour to the mojoverse and get the ringer known as shatterstar involved
    Good catch. Gorgon does have two blades in that image. So... could there be an 11th sword? Or are there only nine sword bearers for Krakoa, with Gorgon wielding two swords? Hmm...

Gorgon could just give one of his two swords to another combatant. Or they could earn it.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

This was a really entertaining read. A feast for the eyes, and seeing what all of these little seeds and threads get established made me grin from ear to ear. Pestilence's arrow is almost certainly going to screw things up back home, Hickman & Howard really established some nice stakes here, and Saturnyne was really fun to see in action. That scene where Krakoa basically told Chuck to stuff it was funny, and a little ominous. Whatever Krakoa says, goes.