Page 20 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

I get the impresion that Opal will be the only true victor in all of this, and i would be ok with that.

Also Apocalypse feels like he will really put through the ringer by everyone once this is all said and done. again i am ok with that because after all the crap he pulled he deserves it.

The only bad thing i feel is that a lot of people are going to suffer before this ends.

All-New Member

This was a really strong start.

art and story were awesome, enjoyed every page.

is that the first time krakoa has exercised its authority at a QC meeting?

apocalypse has never been more interesting imo, really enjoyed his reunion with his kids and his interactions with warren.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    I get the impresion that Opal will be the only true victor in all of this, and i would be ok with that.

Also Apocalypse feels like he will really put through the ringer by everyone once this is all said and done. again i am ok with that because after all the crap he pulled he deserves it.

The only bad thing i feel is that a lot of people are going to suffer before this ends.
    There has been lot of grumbling about how those who have not been held to account are in leadership positions on Krakoa.

Well...

Accountability just rang the doorbell.

Incredible Member

So who's Roma Regina? Because Roma was killed by Merlyn back in the Mad Jim Jaspers scenario and she gave all of her knowledge to Sage. Also, if Merlyn and Mad Jim Jaspers (because of course he's back) are present in Otherworld at this moment, you have to imagine the daemons are avoiding both of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani5 View Post
    He is En Sabah Nur. He does not ask, he tells you what to do. Traditionally, he has always been strategic, ruthless and inconsiderate. He has always been about the survival of the fittest more than anything. He is the antithesis of weakness. Having him act like a wimp is blasphemous to his character’s legacy.
    Not when you factor his actual origin in.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Not when you factor his actual origin in.
    Who cares he is gonna be removed from the story after this anyway. Apocalypse had one arc and one reason to be on krakoa. To find his kids. After this story he goes back into the toy box until another writer needs him his arc in dox is done

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    I don't think Percy is commited to blowing up everything. I think he's commited to high octane. Cause while he likes things to explode, they don't explode big.
    Percy is the only writer that gets the story. I am looking forward to the reveal of the Xeno leader being a clone of Xavier because of course he is lol

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantor View Post
    I’m not arguing this if you people think this story and setting and stuff is gonna matter in ten years your crazy. It’s just not, all things are temporary in comics and reset to the most accessible versions. Immortal X-men on a living island is not gonna be a movie just like the incursions were not a movie. The X-men are getting a push to refresh the ip but this is not the status quo we will see on other mediums. I don’t care how you feel I don’t care that the 20 writers that work at marvel put krakoa references in other books. It doesn’t matter. It will end it will be retconned cause that’s comics. That you don’t see that is on you but this is clearly a very specific story and when it ends it will be end. We will not be reading about krakoa for 30 years I’m sorry but that’s the way it is
    You’re right. I mean, in all of comics history, what major changes to the status quo of a character or franchise have EVER lasted ten whole years before resetting to exactly the same stories Stan Lee and Jack Kirby told?

Oh wait...

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    WTF are Saturnyne's powers? It seemed like she had a counter for everything thrown at her
    She seemingly got powers after taking merlyn place as omniversal guardian and is also called the white witch now.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    So how did Marie-Ange Colbert, Tarot of the hellions make it past the no precogs thing. Amazing start to a crossover.
    Tarot got resurrected during necrosha and was alive during dox whereas ruth and destiny were not. The question was about resurrecting irene and ruth and moira refused because "no precogs on krakoa". There isn't much she can do about tarot because she's alive and kicking unlike destiny and ruth.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Except the fact that she can see the future in her cards making her a precog. So what sets her apart from destiny and ruth? I;m glad she is here but it opens a box of questions for sure.
    In an interview tini inadvertently gave a doylist answer to your question; "as far as tarot and its role versus something like actually predicting the future, tarot isn't about specifically telling the future, it's about examining the part you'll play in it - because the future is always in flux.".

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyworthnoting View Post
    Also Is monet just Moira in disguise?????????
    ??? what could possibly make you think that lol

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Interesting how Havok was allowed to go on this mission given how he is on probation and locked down with the Hellions
    I think he's allowed because it was an extra council mission aka black ops mission and since his actions won't reflect on the council as per magneto words they're moving without the council's blessing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Why does Warlock classify as a sword?
    In gsxm:storm warlock morphed/made him a combat suit with an energy canon propulser so I'm guessing warlock will also make him a sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Other fun details to note:

-Glob and Trinary were replaced on the Hanged Man tarot card. Either that was done to be intentionally misleading or plans changed and the two of them were pushed out of the issue.
    In a group interview the x team gave jordan white mentioned how they were two characters he thought were going to make it in storyline but ended up being cut and I think he was referring to them.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post

-M wanting to become Omniversal Majestrix? Monet dreams big, bless her. And her Penance form is always a delight to see... though I figured she'd be without telepathy in said form like Emma is while in her diamond form.
    Screen Shot 2020-09-23 at 9.59.50 PM.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post

I’ve suspected Mystique working for Orchis, and her of all people name dropping them during the discussion of new threats made it even more suspicious.
    I thought it was in character for mystique to bring up orchis given days of future past and how the nimrods are a upgraded sentinels.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    She seemingly got powers after taking merlyn place as omniversal guardian and is also called the white witch now.

Tarot got resurrected during necrosha and was alive during dox whereas ruth and destiny were not. The question was about resurrecting irene and ruth and moira refused because "no precogs on krakoa". There isn't much she can do about tarot because she's alive and kicking unlike destiny and ruth.

In an interview tini inadvertently gave a doylist answer to your question; "as far as tarot and its role versus something like actually predicting the future, tarot isn't about specifically telling the future, it's about examining the part you'll play in it - because the future is always in flux.".

??? what could possibly make you think that lol

I think he's allowed because it was an extra council mission aka black ops mission and since his actions won't reflect on the council as per magneto words they're moving without the council's blessing.

In gsxm:storm warlock morphed/made him a combat suit with an energy canon propulser so I'm guessing warlock will also make him a sword.

In a group interview the x team gave jordan white mentioned how they were two characters he thought were going to make it in storyline but ended up being cut and I think he was referring to them.

Screen Shot 2020-09-23 at 9.59.50 PM.jpg

I thought it was in character for mystique to bring up orchis given days of future past and how the nimrods are a upgraded sentinels.
    She brought it because she is clearly helping them build nimrod which is the best twist of the story because it showed that Moria was wrong about something. Spent her entire 9th life trying to learn the day nimrod was made but never learned the how. It brings all her knowledge including her fatalism into question and I feel the big twist is that mutants always lose because of Moira

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantor View Post
    Who cares he is gonna be removed from the story after this anyway. Apocalypse had one arc and one reason to be on krakoa. To find his kids. After this story he goes back into the toy box until another writer needs him his arc in dox is done
    The folks claiming it is somehow "Out Of Character..." when it is obviously rooted in his origin.

Fantastic Member Chainsaw Vigilante's Avatar

Interesting stuff, I hope it doesn't just turn into a Contest of Champions type battle between the Krakoan forces and the invaders for most of the storyline though.
    Apocalypse has never been one to be that naive or sentimental of his children so that's out of character (and why is it every writer forgets his main ability in absolute control of his form, the man has detached his head from his body and turned into a puddle and reformed, stabbings shouldn't mean anything to him even f they have something more to them), but I can forgive this aspect if the story is good.
    The Summoner being a betrayer seemed pretty much guaranteed, that wasn't very surprising but the build up was done well if a bit cliched with Nate and Rachael finding out the truth as the Krakoan/Apocalypse forces are betrayed (it's a trope, but a fun one).
    Roma has always been more of an official with authority over an area (but less authority than Roma or Merlyn) than someone with actual powers (be they innate or technological to just seem like they are innate in nature), though I always thought that someone with her status should have some sort of abilities so even though this is new and uncharacteristic it is an addition that is fine.
    I liked seeing Mr. Sinister and Exodus chime in at the meeting given they owe their existence to Apocalypse; I think everyone forgets that Apocalypse once possessed the form of Cyclops (The Search for Cyclops being a terrible mini, I can understand not acknowledging at least that part), so he should have a connection to this matter (outside of what happened to baby Nathan) as well aside from just being a Krakoan authority figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Chainsaw Vigilante View Post
    Interesting stuff, I hope it doesn't just turn into a Contest of Champions type battle between the Krakoan forces and the invaders for most of the storyline though.
    Apocalypse has never been one to be that naive or sentimental of his children so that's out of character (and why is it every writer forgets his main ability in absolute control of his form, the man has detached his head from his body and turned into a puddle and reformed, stabbings shouldn't mean anything to him even f they have something more to them), but I can forgive this aspect if the story is good.
    The Summoner being a betrayer seemed pretty much guaranteed, that wasn't very surprising but the build up was done well if a bit cliched with Nate and Rachael finding out the truth as the Krakoan/Apocalypse forces are betrayed (it's a trope, but a fun one).
    Roma has always been more of an official with authority over an area (but less authority than Roma or Merlyn) than someone with actual powers (be they innate or technological to just seem like they are innate in nature), though I always thought that someone with her status should have some sort of abilities so even though this is new and uncharacteristic it is an addition that is fine.
    I liked seeing Mr. Sinister and Exodus chime in at the meeting given they owe their existence to Apocalypse; I think everyone forgets that Apocalypse once possessed the form of Cyclops (The Search for Cyclops being a terrible mini, I can understand not acknowledging at least that part), so he should have a connection to this matter (outside of what happened to baby Nathan) as well aside from just being a Krakoan authority figure.
    Again, read The Rise Of Apocalypse.

The idea that he has "Never..." been who this person is only true for as long as you are willing to set aside that it is right there plain as day in his origin story.

BANNED

[QUOTE=numberthirty;5157928]The folks claiming it is somehow "Out Of Character..." when it is obviously rooted in his origin.[/QUOTE

He is in character following the logic that the moment he walked through that gate in hox 1 it was all about getting to this moment. Which is why I feel he will be the “permanent” and something like what happened to the externals will happen to him so he won’t be back for awhile

Incredible Member

Don’t tell me Banshee is being written out AGAIN...