Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 345 of 509
  1. #331
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    308

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    If existing Marvel lore was an issue, youíd need to account for how the hell Poccy having Four Horsemen and the use of magic prior to his pact with the Celestials (who just happen to have Seeds matching his kids mantles*) works out

    Besides, we already know what/who Hickmanís reset button is (and it ainít Moira) so setting up a Twilight of X seems premature when there is yet to be a Day/Reign of X (probably to follow Hickmanís contribution to the Reckoning War) before the Twilight/Night of X

    * though it explains why he never used the counterseeds at least
    But it would be fun to have surtur show up! Remember fun? This is the big X-men crossover and the big bad is apocalypses wife. Cmon! I have annoyed about this this storyline started. They need the X-men to fight some large scale marvel villains like kang or ultron. The closest they got to that was dr doom and he was wasted. Iím actually looking forward to king in black because I want to see krakoa fight Knull. That sounds fun!

  2. #332
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,053

    Default

    I don't think anyone has brought up the potential problematic situation that Krakoa has the final say. They practically overruled the entire quiet council in favor of Apocalypse. And Krakoa basically reminded them that's they're not a piece of land and that the mutants love there at Krakoa's grace. Kind of a shaky proposition to be reminded of.

  3. #333
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,785

    Default

    A piece of land that like Apocalypse more than it likes the rest of the council.

    I’m going to wager that Xavier and Magneto didn’t consider Krakoa a ‘real’ mutant with a say and presumed that being well fed would keep them docile like their grandchild

  4. #334
    Astonishing Member Veitha's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,319

    Default

    Who wants Dr.Doom or Kang or Knull. We'd be reading Avengers if we were looking for these kind of villains.

    And what is "fun" for someone is obviously not objectively fun for everyone else.
    Last edited by Veitha; 09-24-2020 at 04:04 AM.

  5. #335
    Mighty Member Thievery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,877

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Interesting how Havok was allowed to go on this mission given how he is on probation and locked down with the Hellions
    Havok being allowed to go on this mission also struck me as being odd. It also seemed a little strange that Havok went from being obsessed with Maddie Pryor to wanting to get back with Lorna right away. At least it read to me as if Alex was interested in Lorna again. Maybe I misread those panels.

    I thought that the issue was pretty good.

    Monet, Polaris, and Apocalypse were the best characters in my opinion.

    It was nice to see Archangel finally talk to Apocalypse.

    I have found the ethically dubious and morally irresponsible version of Beast to be entertaining to read about, but it was kind of nice to see Beast written in a story as something other than a morally irresponsible asshole.

    Siryn didn't really do a lot in this story. I hope that she doesn't get infected by that Pestilence arrow and die, and that will be her only contribution to this story. She kind of felt tacked on in this story, the way that Archangel and Husk were when they immediately died during the Orchis assault mission. I hope that she wasn't a red shirt.

    The art was great.
    Last edited by Thievery; 09-24-2020 at 04:09 AM.

  6. #336
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,791

    Default

    No idea if this has been mentioned already, but seeing Cable and Rachel interact, and treat each other almost like siblings, was interesting.

    But seeing them refer to Jean and Scott as 'mom' and 'dad,' that felt odd, and, IMO, not organic-to-the-characters. (Granted, I know literally nothing about 'Kid Cable,' so maybe this is totally in-character for him. But Rachel calling Jean 'mom?' Just kind of surreal, to me. I think she's at the point where calling Scott 'dad' half-affectionately and half-sarcastically, but she and Jean have had less bonding time, it seems, between Jean being dead at times, and Rachel mysteriously off-panel much of the time since Jean's return.)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    Apocalypse HAS changed, his ideals have evolved as we saw with melody what he considers "the fittest" isnt the same anymore, he has more focus on community and what krakoa represents, he has evolved and understood the error of his ways.

    Now his children return, and it's his own old ideology that makes them stab him in the gut, that's heartbreaking but also probably enlightning, his new way finally got him a way to meet his family once more, but his old philosophy drove them into what they are now.
    That's kinda what I was thinking there. He sees himself as having evolved past that old philosophy, and now, as Warren foreshadowed about regrets and sins coming home to roost, his old way of thinking is biting him in the ass, hard. He was so so sure of himself, and he passed that on to his kids, who are just as unforgiving as he would have been, back in the day, to someone who abandoned their rigid view of might-makes-right.

    The foreshadowing from Warren just hangs the lampshade for all to see. He might as well have been narrating the deeper meaning of that upcoming betrayal.
    Last edited by Sutekh; 09-24-2020 at 04:16 AM.

  7. #337
    Fantastic Member Thundershot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    410

    Default

    Speaking of Poxy’s kids.... where’s Holocaust in all this? Or whatever he was called in 616? Did he ever find out that he was his kid?

  8. #338
    Super Moderator Tenebrae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Belfast
    Posts
    1,314

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Speaking of Poxy’s kids.... where’s Holocaust in all this? Or whatever he was called in 616? Did he ever find out that he was his kid?
    I think he's still in evil Hyperions nasal cavity.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

    CBR community Standards and Rules

  9. #339
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,053

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    No idea if this has been mentioned already, but seeing Cable and Rachel interact, and treat each other almost like siblings, was interesting.

    But seeing them refer to Jean and Scott as 'mom' and 'dad,' that felt odd, and, IMO, not organic-to-the-characters. (Granted, I know literally nothing about 'Kid Cable,' so maybe this is totally in-character for him. But Rachel calling Jean 'mom?' Just kind of surreal, to me. I think she's at the point where calling Scott 'dad' half-affectionately and half-sarcastically, but she and Jean have had less bonding time, it seems, between Jean being dead at times, and Rachel mysteriously off-panel much of the time since Jean's return.)



    That's kinda what I was thinking there. He sees himself as having evolved past that old philosophy, and now, as Warren foreshadowed about regrets and sins coming home to roost, his old way of thinking is biting him in the ass, hard. He was so so sure of himself, and he passed that on to his kids, who are just as unforgiving as he would have been, back in the day, to someone who abandoned their rigid view of might-makes-right.

    The foreshadowing from Warren just hangs the lampshade for all to see. He might as well have been narrating the deeper meaning of that upcoming betrayal.
    Jean and Scott spent 10 years raising young Cable so yeah those are good parents. As for Rachel calling Jean mom...well Hickman has decided to retcon Jean and Rachel as having a more mother-daughter bond that previous writers.

    I'd rather just chalk it up to the fact that Jean and Rachel had a very long conversation about their feeling and thanks to Krakoa they're giving their relationship a second chance.

    We already saw hints of this during the Xmen Red annual.

  10. #340
    Fantastic Member Thundershot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    410

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrae View Post
    I think he's still in evil Hyperions nasal cavity.
    That was the AOA one. There was a 616 version of him, too, but he wasn’t nearly as prominent as the AOA one.

  11. #341
    Astonishing Member Ferro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    3,199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    No idea if this has been mentioned already, but seeing Cable and Rachel interact, and treat each other almost like siblings, was interesting.

    But seeing them refer to Jean and Scott as 'mom' and 'dad,' that felt odd, and, IMO, not organic-to-the-characters. (Granted, I know literally nothing about 'Kid Cable,' so maybe this is totally in-character for him. But Rachel calling Jean 'mom?' Just kind of surreal, to me. I think she's at the point where calling Scott 'dad' half-affectionately and half-sarcastically, but she and Jean have had less bonding time, it seems, between Jean being dead at times, and Rachel mysteriously off-panel much of the time since Jean's return.)



    That's kinda what I was thinking there. He sees himself as having evolved past that old philosophy, and now, as Warren foreshadowed about regrets and sins coming home to roost, his old way of thinking is biting him in the ass, hard. He was so so sure of himself, and he passed that on to his kids, who are just as unforgiving as he would have been, back in the day, to someone who abandoned their rigid view of might-makes-right.

    The foreshadowing from Warren just hangs the lampshade for all to see. He might as well have been narrating the deeper meaning of that upcoming betrayal.
    Yup yup, wich to me is another step in the journey of evolution apocalypse has been into since hoxpox, I genuinly love THIS apocalypse

  12. #342
    Extraordinary Member BroHomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    That was the AOA one. There was a 616 version of him, too, but he wasn’t nearly as prominent as the AOA one.
    Archangel's kids....the Apocalypse twins killed him
    GrindrStone(D)

  13. #343
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    33

    Default

    They have to eventually go talk to Moira about this? We know she and apocalypse “rescued” the original horsemen in her 9th life. I believe it was earlier in the timeline so maybe it was before arrako fell and it played out differently? I’d assume though that they’d have still tried to get Arrako back and there was no mention of genesis or anything so there’s definitly a story. Also shouldn’t chuck not be too suprised about this after Moira opened her mind to him?

  14. #344
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    308

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bgardner View Post
    They have to eventually go talk to Moira about this? We know she and apocalypse “rescued” the original horsemen in her 9th life. I believe it was earlier in the timeline so maybe it was before arrako fell and it played out differently? I’d assume though that they’d have still tried to get Arrako back and there was no mention of genesis or anything so there’s definitly a story. Also shouldn’t chuck not be too suprised about this after Moira opened her mind to him?
    It’s implied in the hox notes that Charles has erased most of his own memories at this point over three separate reboots and honestly does not remember much of what Moira showed him. Same with magneto, they are both running blind because Moira doesn’t want them to have all the information. There is more she is hiding

  15. #345
    Invincible Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    20,378

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    No idea if this has been mentioned already, but seeing Cable and Rachel interact, and treat each other almost like siblings, was interesting.

    But seeing them refer to Jean and Scott as 'mom' and 'dad,' that felt odd, and, IMO, not organic-to-the-characters. (Granted, I know literally nothing about 'Kid Cable,' so maybe this is totally in-character for him. But Rachel calling Jean 'mom?' Just kind of surreal, to me. I think she's at the point where calling Scott 'dad' half-affectionately and half-sarcastically, but she and Jean have had less bonding time, it seems, between Jean being dead at times, and Rachel mysteriously off-panel much of the time since Jean's return.)






    Thats not true. Rachel has always referred to Jean as mom, both affectionally and sarcastically. Thats been part of her problem as she's expected more out of Jean, than their actual relationship would suggest. With that said since Jean returned during ResureXion, they've had time to actual get closer so them living together has helped their relationship

    Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Jean and Scott spent 10 years raising young Cable so yeah those are good parents. As for Rachel calling Jean mom...well Hickman has decided to retcon Jean and Rachel as having a more mother-daughter bond that previous writers.

    I'd rather just chalk it up to the fact that Jean and Rachel had a very long conversation about their feeling and thanks to Krakoa they're giving their relationship a second chance.

    We already saw hints of this during the Xmen Red annual.
    Hickman hasnt retconned anything. This is character development; nothing about their past has changed. He hasnt even done much besides have them living together as we've still yet to have them interact on panel

    Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    Havok being allowed to go on this mission also struck me as being odd. It also seemed a little strange that Havok went from being obsessed with Maddie Pryor to wanting to get back with Lorna right away. At least it read to me as if Alex was interested in Lorna again. Maybe I misread those panels.
    .
    I didnt get the impression that Alex was trying to date Lorna at all. EVEN if he was, he's not obsessed over Maddie. Maddie used her TP and magic on him in Hellions so its obvious tht at least part of his feelings towards her were manipulation
    Last edited by Havok83; 09-24-2020 at 05:16 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •