Page 28 of 34 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Fiiinally read this. I really liked it! Seeing A cry was not something I expected and Idk a ton about Saturnyne but she was cool in this. I liked Angel calling out A for being so self-righteous.

I think my only critique is that some of the characters all kind of "sound" the same, but I'm used to that with Hickman. Solid 9/10. It's definitely got me excited for more (although I am still not crazy about Tini as a writer)
    Make Good Art

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Man, Hickman almost lost me in the beginning with his tarot card reading and the Council meeting but it worked out in the end.

9/10.
    "Cable was right!"

Read it last night and really enjoyed it. Battling a lost kingdom with swords may not seem like a natural fit story-wise, but I don't mind -- especially with the world-building skills of Hickman.

Love Monet getting the spotlight.

-Pav, who also really liked Juggernaut #1...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    Read it last night and really enjoyed it. Battling a lost kingdom with swords may not seem like a natural fit story-wise, but I don't mind -- especially with the world-building skills of Hickman.

Love Monet getting the spotlight.

-Pav, who also really liked Juggernaut #1...
    That's what I love about X-Men they talk have their finger in every pot when written well. Social commentary on minority issues? CHECK. Regular ol hero vs villain beat em up stories? CHECK. Intergalactic space adventures? CHECK. High fantasy adventures with anime esque fighting tournaments? MF CHECK!!!

Spectacular Member

Did Saturnyne get a buff now or was nerfed before, or were the Mapmakers just that powerful an invading force that they successfully laid siege to the Citadel when Saturnyne said it was impossible?

Quote Originally Posted by Saitou Hajime View Post
    Did Saturnyne get a buff now or was nerfed before, or were the Mapmakers just that powerful an invading force that they successfully laid siege to the Citadel when Saturnyne said it was impossible?
    The power of retcons I'm afraid. She never had any powers before and now she's enabled the God Mode cheats and is rekt'in fools!

Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare View Post
    The power of retcons I'm afraid. She never had any powers before and now she's enabled the God Mode cheats and is rekt'in fools!
    I'm guessing it could be explained away that in this version of reality, Saturnyne was upgraded so something like the Mapmakers destroying everything couldn't happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I think Genesis won against Annihilation and took on her mantle. I dont imagine her children would follow her killer.
    I like this take
    Last edited by Chessboxer; 09-26-2020 at 08:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    I'm guessing it could be explained away that in this version of reality, Saturnyne was upgraded so something like the Mapmakers destroying everything couldn't happen again.
    It's likely one of those cases where "The ruler of Otherworld has almost unlimited power in Otherworld." Anyway the Mapmakers were heralds of the Beyonders and their power was explicitly god-like.

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Sphere View Post
    This was a really entertaining read. A feast for the eyes, and seeing what all of these little seeds and threads get established made me grin from ear to ear. Pestilence's arrow is almost certainly going to screw things up back home, Hickman & Howard really established some nice stakes here, and Saturnyne was really fun to see in action. That scene where Krakoa basically told Chuck to stuff it was funny, and a little ominous. Whatever Krakoa says, goes.
    Magneto's WTF reaction to Krakoa overruling everyone was priceless. Larraz did great here.

Just read it again. Tini did such an awesome job with this issue. Glad her first big event has started off so strong!

BANNED

hicks and tinis make an. exceptional duo.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    It's likely one of those cases where "The ruler of Otherworld has almost unlimited power in Otherworld." Anyway the Mapmakers were heralds of the Beyonders and their power was explicitly god-like.
    Yep let's not forget the Beyonders smacked down the Abstracts AND the Living Tribunal. I'm sure some of their lower tier minions could handle Otherworld.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    hicks and tinis make an. exceptional duo.
    Right? Hickman brings that deep lore and Sci fi goodness and Tini brings that high fantasy goodness.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Right? Hickman brings that deep lore and Sci fi goodness and Tini brings that high fantasy goodness.
    he's more consistent while she makes his dialogue a bit less dry, it's worth complimenting a veteran like hickman colaborating like this, some salty people on twitter sue their co-creators so they can claim they are the sole creators of certain characters, another point for hickman !