Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Critical success doesn't always translate to commercial success. Suicide Squad movie this show follows up on was a box office disappoint and it had acclaim from critics and fans. We can hope that the positive reception from both sides can give it a boost.
    Yeah, there's no way to know for sure but the fact that it has been so well received would make me doubt a video that says it was a bomb, especially when said video is literally the only source that says so.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Mighty Member

Vigilante's awesome

Man, Vigilante is stealing this show.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Gonna have to watch it now. Nearly all iterations of the character are great. Glad to hear this is good, too.

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    Vigilante's awesome
    Okay, fell asleep during the 3rd episode. My 2 cents — it’s pretty dang good. It’s James Gunn. It’s a little formulaic. It’s a little funny. The cast is great. They’re so fully committed. Danielle Brooks is excellent, as always! Vigilante is stealing the show. I’m not sure what I was expecting, but I’ll watch the rest of this season. I think it’s funnier than the Gemstones. Peacemaker may not be the funniest program on TV, but it’s worth 40 minutes of my week.
    Last edited by Brian B; 01-21-2022 at 01:45 AM.

Spectacular Member Material Flux's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I must agree. I didn't care about him during the first 3 episodes, but he was pretty good on this one. The way he took down the Nazis was awesome, plus his regret when he let slip that remark about Peacemaker to his dad and his regret when Harcourt picked him up was well done. I could get to really liking his character.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    Vigilante's awesome
    He's my favorite character on the show, by far. And the actor that plays him is good looking so that helps.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Material Flux View Post
    I must agree. I didn't care about him during the first 3 episodes, but he was pretty good on this one. The way he took down the Nazis was awesome, plus his regret when he let slip that remark about Peacemaker to his dad and his regret when Harcourt picked him up was well done. I could get to really liking his character.
    Oh come on, him giving peacemaker a heart to heart talk in episode 2 to cheer him up over killing people was gold.

Astonishing Member

Still like the show. I was a touch disappointed that their team leader is a butterfly. Seems a little too much of a cliched move to me. Vigilante is growing as a character. Poor ol' Judo Master, back on the couch again. Wonder how they take care of his bodily functions?

Now Peacemaker has all his specialized helmets and their abilities. I wonder if we'll get to see them all in action?

Don't tell me they made a comic-accurate White Dragon suit and we aren't going to actually see it in-action .

Got to see a little more of Harcourt's soft side as she has a frank discussion with Adebayo and seems more and more receptive to Peacemaker by the episode.

Adebayo's talk about kids and their parents felt like she was trying to talk about her own issues with her parent (Waller) by comparing/contrasting Christopher and his dad.

Judomaster really likes his munchies.

I was wondering what Vigilante was going to do to get himself into prison...turn himself in? But no, presumably to maintain his secret identity he just tosses a trashcan at a window and lets nature take its course .

Nothing quite as satisfying as Vigilante mocking and beating up white supremacists. Shame he couldn't finish off Peacemaker's dad .

So I guess Pacemaker's dad is going to expose everything to Detective Song and then she and her partner start trying to hunt down Team Peacemaker?

Peacemaker was finally able to do his job appropriately for once by fighting Judomaster, although Adebayo stole his chance to finish the fight.

What happened to Peacemaker's brother? His dad said he only loved him, and the flashbacks we get show that Christopher and his brother were close, but the last one showed his brother bloody and seemingly dying of poison and the official report seemed to imply Christopher did it. Did their father pit them against each other or was it a complete accident?

So what is up with the Butterflies? Judomaster tried to make it sound like they're not evil invading aliens, so the government might be wrongly hunting them (if this is even really the government we're talking about), but then it turns out Murn is a Butterfly. as Murn always a Butterfly or was it just then that he got infected after receiving what ever is in those glass bottles? If it's the former, why is he hunting other Butterflies? Are there good and bad Butterflies? Peacemaker seems to be bonding with the one he grabbed.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I don't think that detective Song will believe white dragon. Who would? I expect her to be disgusted at him trying to throw his son under the bus.

Incredible Member

I'm not familiar with the comic version of Peacmaker only just his appearance on The Suicide Squad but the show is ok and fun and the joke about Batman always sending his enemies and not killing them was hysterical, also that theme song is so appropriately bonkers for this type of show and suits John Cena well.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Now Peacemaker has all his specialized helmets and their abilities. I wonder if we'll get to see them all in action?
    Invisibilty!! How can they not do that joke?

I was wondering what Vigilante was going to do to get himself into prison...turn himself in? But no, presumably to maintain his secret identity he just tosses a trashcan at a window and lets nature take its course .
    I'm pretty sure just because you commit a crime at a prison doesn't mean they just throw you in that prison because - hey, you're right there! He probably should have been sent to the police station, processed, indicted, etc .... But hey, I don't need that much reality in my superhero tv shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I don't think that detective Song will believe white dragon. Who would? I expect her to be disgusted at him trying to throw his son under the bus.
    I only assume she'll believe him for some reason to continue the plot.

Spectacular Member Material Flux's Avatar

I only assume she'll believe him for some reason to continue the plot.
    All it needs is her taking his fingerprints again. I mean, I would expect his lawyer to get them to do that anyway.