Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I want to have his own corner of the DCEU with the other Charlton characters

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I want to see him in a "Man of Steel" sequel.
    There won't be a Man of Steel sequel. They're rebooting Superman outside of universe, and replacing him in universe with Supergirl.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    There won't be a Man of Steel sequel. They're rebooting Superman outside of universe, and replacing him in universe with Supergirl.
    That doesn't change what I want to see.

This show is hilarious. I wasn't a fan of either Suicide Squad movie, but I could see why viewers liked the 2nd one. Peacemaker and the supporting cast are likeable characters. I heart Harcourt. The soundtrack is pretty good too. They are highlighting some bands I had never heard of
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I love everything about this show.

I really had no clue what they were going to do with a show but man am I glad they did it.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

*****MINOR SPOILERS FOR EP 4*****
    - Did PM grab the helmet that gives you scabies?? My only hope is that one of those helmets grants him invisibility -- I mean, how can it not!?! C'MON GUNN - you gotta do it!!

- Oh, and ... Matter-Eater Lad!!
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 01-20-2022 at 10:06 AM.

I spent the entire time wondering if Chase would get his pinky toe fixed up. He focused on it for most of the episode but didn't try to get any treatment for it. I wonder if he went to the medical bay at the jail before being taken to gen pop. With the skills he showed against the racists how is that man working as a bus boy for the local diner?

Are the butterflies not evil? Judomaster seem to apply as such before getting shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Are the butterflies not evil? Judomaster seem to apply as such before getting shot.
    It wouldn't surprise me - remember what Gunn did with Starro?

Extraordinary Member

DC's Peacemaker Bombs on HBO Max

Check out some comments inside the link above.

Oscar H quote-
    I think it has to do more that it's on HBO max and DC hasn't made a legitimate interconnected universe like Marvel. But also the lack of promotion and advertising does make it suffer too :/

Luke quote-
    Fans have no reason to care about these DC projects, they just constantly reboot in the multiverse. The more universes they do, the worse it's going to get. Worst part is we still don't have a long term universe
    However the show was barely available to most people cause hbomax and it's an unknown character and the suicide squad wasn't that popular. It's the dceu which usually puts people off watching it.
    Genuinely none of these DC projects except for the batman are getting any hype, moon knight has more hype than DC (except for the batman).

2btobi quote-
    @Luke it’s still an entertaining watch

Oscar H quote-
    @Luke I would agree, but the show is really good. Too bad Warner bros screwed up when they let Zack Snyder be the one to lead the universe. I have no issue with Snyder, but he shouldn't have been the one leading the DCEU.

Manav Khandurie quote-
    Its cause boycottwb is trending for like 2 days now and is above and beyond whatever wb has posted.
    Plus snyder fans have declared a virtual war against WB ever since the rumours about flash rebooting everything came about����
    Frankly speaking I think WB should just released a new trailer for black Adam or flash to just redirect the hate as soon as possible

Luke quote-
    @Oscar H it was never supposed to be a long term universe, zacks original plan was to reboot after a few films.
    Noone had any long term plans for DC and that's why it all went wrong, while marvel was building the MCU and building a huge fanbase and making money, DC was constantly rebooting cause they didn't know what to do.

Oscar H quote-
    @Luke damn, WB is just dumb I guess. ��

ßØSS 1417 quote-
    @Luke Marvel is in a league of its own now, even the rings of power doesn't have as much hype as moonknight. (As of now at least)

Glen Waldrop quote-
    Xion Xina is the problem.
    The character was fine on Suicide Squad, the problem entirely is John Cena kissing China's ass. He was popular pretty well across the board until that stunt.
    Last edited by mace11; 01-20-2022 at 03:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    DC's Peacemaker Bombs on HBO Max

Check out some comments inside the link above.
    Eh, I don't know how much weight you wanna give that...they're literally the only ones reporting that while every other article out there is about how high fan approval is on different review aggregators.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Streaming services don't make their numbers public so there's no way for us to know how successful it is. Unless it comes from the platform or someone who worked on the show I'm not buying into success and failure talk.

Ultimate Member

Streaming services don't make their numbers public so there's no way for us to know how successful it is. Unless it comes from the platform or someone who worked on the show I'm not buying into success and failure talk.
    Exactly this.

We literally have no idea how these series are performing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Don’t be so sure. I think everything at DC, DCEU, DC Films, HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros, etc. is all up in the air right now. Until the dust clears from the forthcoming Warner Bros. Discovery company led by David Zaslav, nothing can be certain about what movies, properties and plans will continue and what won’t continue. Zaslav will concentrate on streaming subscriptions, of course, but he will need proven properties for content and the box office cash traditional movie releases can earn. I don’t think current strategies and announced projects Hamada heads up will all come to fruition.
    Last edited by Brian B; 01-20-2022 at 05:07 PM.

Numberwise definitely, but reviews are pretty positive from fans who use sites like metacritic and rotten tomatoes and it's been well received by mainstream critics as well so I'd hazard a guess that the show is doing pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Numberwise definitely, but reviews are pretty positive from fans who use sites like metacritic and rotten tomatoes and it's been well received by mainstream critics as well so I'd hazard a guess that the show is doing pretty well.
    Critical success doesn't always translate to commercial success. Suicide Squad movie this show follows up on was a box office disappoint and it had acclaim from critics and fans. We can hope that the positive reception from both sides can give it a boost.