Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Oh ****, this show is on point. Great first 3 eps.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I watched the first 3 episodes. This show is hilarious. I loving how much of a lovable loser this version of vigilante is. I wish he was still a lawyer but whatever. spoilers:
    I hope they can save his pinky toe.
    end of spoilers

Chris dad in this show is piece of ****. It's a damn miracle that peacemaker turned out the way did with him as a dad.

Cena is killing in this show just like he did in the movie.
    Last edited by Immortal Weapon; 01-14-2022 at 04:17 PM.

The show is a joy. Gunn really did a great job. So what are the butterflies? Anything from the DCU?
    And though they probably pissed off the small Judo Master fan base, that was pretty funny.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    The show is a joy. Gunn really did a great job. So what are the butterflies? Anything from the DCU?
    And though they probably pissed off the small Judo Master fan base, that was pretty funny.
    Pretty sure he said is is a rabbit that he just pulled out of a hat.

Past that...

This is what happens when Gunn's lack of characterization runs headlong into DC's complete disinterest in anything that isn't Batman. It's best to just think of this as an original James Gunn project full stop and divorce yourself from anything having to do with comics. If you can do that you should like it.

The soundtrack feels like someone is parodying James Gunn rather than an actual Gunn soundtrack. The needle drops are even more excessive than Gunn's Suicide Squad and he really needs someone to reel him in when it comes to music.

Cena proves that his real talent is comedy. The rest of the cast is....fine.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Show's a ton of fun so far. I expected the twist with Danielle Brooks' character but still got a kick out of seeing the cameo. Cena was born for this role.

I'm now more convinced than ever.
    I want to see Gunn produce a Giffen era Bwah hah hah justice league movie with Booster, Beetle, Guy Gardner, Fire, Ice, Rocket Red, Mr Mirracle, Big Barda and maybe Dr Light. Batman makes a cameo for the punching Gardner's lights out scene.

-- Finally. A true successor to the show "Sledgehammer."
    -- Eagly looks really good. I wonder how much they spent on that. (and he's credited as Dee Bradley Baker? Hilarious)
    -- Sadly, they're able to realistically maintain the canon of PM's father as a nazi, even if he's not from WW2.
    -- "Butterflies" being alien bugs taking over people is really not that far from Starro. I imagine they'll go a different way with it, but I wonder if this was originally written as little Starros rather than the butterflies.
    -- I love that there's actually a helmet with the larger crest in his weapons cache. I keep hoping he'll wear it to truly fulfill his big helmet destiny! (also loved the mention of his jetpack)

Astonishing Member

Hilarious show. Much better than I expected. Makes Titans look like the boring mess it is.

Fun show. Avoided SS but stuff with Peacemaker and Vigilante are great.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Fun show. Avoided SS but stuff with Peacemaker and Vigilante are great.
    Vigilante came off as a poor man's Deadpool imho.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Amazing Member

I totally forgot this was coming out. Have to check it out.

This felt very in-line with The Suicide Squad and what you would expect from a James Gunn series...bombastic, humorous, comic-book-y in some respects, crass, a bunch of messed up people trying to live in a complicated world, and other such things.

That intro...was so unexpected yet glorious. Something only James Gunn could have come up with. Like, it's surprising enough to have a thorough intro sequence for a TV show like this, but having every significant or semi-significant character dancing so seriously yet ridiculously was so perfect for this show.

I always did wonder what happened to that woman (Flo) after she knocked Waller out so the staff could help Task Force X...and it turns out Waller had her forcibly arrested right outside her office. No good deed goes unpunished, unfortunately.

I'm glad the fallout from what happened with Operation Starfish is still having an impact on Peacemaker, especially his killing of Flag (and no matter what Harcourt or Economos say, Waller probably would have been fine with him killing Flag to prevent the information from leaking). I kind of want to see him and Bloodsport reunite for @#$% and giggles.

We finally get more insight into exactly what Peacemaker did that got him sent to prison...well, beyond obviously killing people. The public perception of him seems to be someone who killed a lot of minorities, even if I assume they did something to warrant needing to be killed for "peace," although it sounds like his dad probably directed Chris towards his targets.

Is it any wonder Peacemaker ended up the way he did when you see what his father is like? It's a wonder that he didn't end up worse being raised by a white supremacist, especially when he turns out to be the White Dragon. Are we going to see him suited up too? I really want to know how he made up the Peacemaker gear and that reality bubble in his house as well.

Adebayo being Waller's daughter was a nice surprise, was seeing Viola Davis actually show up as Amanda Waller via video screen. Waller having kids is true to the comics, but I think this is the first time an adaption has really played it up in any significant way. Considering how unnecesarilly hostile and cruel Waller was in the movies, it's nice to see something that actually humanizes her and shows her softer side.

Yeah, there's, like, no way this job and the compromises Adebayo has to make for this job won't compromise her marriage.

Murn at first struck me as a gender-flipped, slightly toned-down, stand-in for Amanda Waller, but over time they do a good job of showing off how he's a completely distinct character. His backstory honestly makes it sound like he has something in common with Peacemaker in the sense of being raised to an extent where he couldn't properly channel or understand his emotions to be a more effective killing machine, something he's only trying to fix now.

I was not expecting that woman to actually end up in bed with Peacemaker...or with Vigilante at the same time. Like, how did she even find them?

That Vigilante suit is a thing of beauty, and helpful too that he wears it for 96% of his screentime since they recast the actor and could just dub him over with Freddie Stroma...but I really wish this Vigilante wasn't Adrian Chase. Like, Adrian Chase was this dramatic, tragic, and extremely flawed character deconstructing the typical comic book vigilante, but here they turn him into a comedic, slightly off-balanced, fanboy. Like, he's funny and plays off Peacemaker well, but there was no reason for this Vigilante to be Adrian Chase.

Economos mentioning Bat-Mite makes me sad we won't ever see Batfleck have to talk with Bat-Mite but yet oddly gleeful imagining Michael Keaton having to mention or deal with Bat-Mite...at the same time, Bat-Mite would probably have a field day lampooning movie Batman's as a fanboy.

About the only thing he seems to have in common with comic Chase is a dead family, and Peacemaker mentions his brother, so I'm guessing that at least is still involved with his motivation in this universe.

I guess we know how Vigilante ends up joining the group if they can better rely on him to take out the targets than they can Peacemaker.

Peacemaker had an older brother? Is the reason Christopher had to become Peacemaker is because his brother died?

Harcourt seems set to be Peacemaker's love interest, even if she has as low an opinion of him as anyone and doesn't want any of his @#$%, let alone to sleep with him. But by the third episode it seemed like they were genuinely bonding and growing closer.

I appreciate the show being even-handed in the fanservice, what with Peacemaker running around and doing an entire fight sequence in his iconic tighty-whities against a feral Butterfly girl in her underwear that he had previously been...peacemaking. Also, Harcourt in her undies.

It was cool to see Judomaster and to see him wrecking people...even if it seems like he's possessed by an alien butterfly and evil. I wouldn't have recognized him without his trademark red and yellow colors though.

(To be honest I don't think he's dead though since I think we've seen more footage of Judomaster than was in this episode and I don't think Economos hit him hard enough to kill the Butterfly).

Welp, they killed an innocent guard. That's one major ethics violation.

Well, Peacemaker was on-point in the sense that the mission names are fairly direct, except instead of a Mothra Project Butterfly refers to actual, alien, butterflies possessing people. These may well be original villains for this series, but I'm reminded of Hellgrammite and the Reach.