Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast

Ultimate Member

...not something I expected.

Is it too much to hope that Peacemaker is gonna deal with war criminals and such?

I know they liked describing him as a douchey Captain America, but I wonder how much he will just be a douche a la Guy Gardner and USAgent, or if they'll actually go into his psychological trauma.

(and I still wish they made his helmet bigger-- who knows, maybe they'll lean into it more for the tv show.)

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Peacemaker is gonna survive the movie. That's what this announcement tells me.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I feel like this is James Gunn’s revenge at Marvel for not letting him do a Drax and Mantis show on Disney+. Still, could be fun!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    It's a prequel; the article brings out that the show is gonna explore his origins.

Quote Originally Posted by Styles View Post
    It's a prequel; the article brings out that the show is gonna explore his origins.
    Baby Peacemaker?
    2020_peace.jpg
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 09-23-2020 at 05:25 PM.

It's an odd choice but I'm curious about it.

Retired

The costume is pretty comic book accurate, but seeing it in live action it looks even more comic booky than it did in the comics.

makes me think cena must've done a decent job.

for some reason i've taken an interest in the Question and Vigilante as of late which led to me buying an issue of Vigilante where it looks like he is killed by Peacemaker. don't know much about the character but from the article it sounds like a role he could do well in.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Maybe Gunn was inspired by this art work? Anyone know know where its from?

PeaceMakerArsenal.jpg

If Gunns doing it then I'm in. Hes not the first character I'd say needs a spinoff but I havent seen it yet. So maybe Cena steals the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I feel like this is James Gunn’s revenge at Marvel for not letting him do a Drax and Mantis show on Disney+. Still, could be fun!
    I don't know if they could make a show out of him basically insulting her most of the time...

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    makes me think cena must've done a decent job.

for some reason i've taken an interest in the Question and Vigilante as of late which led to me buying an issue of Vigilante where it looks like he is killed by Peacemaker. don't know much about the character but from the article it sounds like a role he could do well in.
    The articles says it is a prequel to the movie.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I know they liked describing him as a douchey Captain America, but I wonder how much he will just be a douche a la Guy Gardner and USAgent, or if they'll actually go into his psychological trauma.

(and I still wish they made his helmet bigger-- who knows, maybe they'll lean into it more for the tv show.)
    They had a bit during Fandome where Gunn asked him to talk like his character for a bit. It sounds like he's an "Aw shucks" kinda square dork (another promo photo has him raising his hand to ask a question during a mission briefing) who happens to be ridiculously violent