Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Gunn did consider using Kite Man for Suicide Squad. So he might still be interested in using him.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    In the newspaper photo, why is "Kite-Man" using a hang glider and not a kite?? I would like a word with the show's graphics department...

Interesting side-note is that the headline says he "apprehends" Kite-Man, rather than killing him. Was PM softer then or did Gunn just want to make sure he can still pop up in the future?
    My takeaway was Peacemaker initially debuted as a more straightforward hero who apprehended criminals but he eventually went over the edge. Maybe from his dad pushing him too far.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    My takeaway was Peacemaker initially debuted as a more straightforward hero who apprehended criminals but he eventually went over the edge. Maybe from his dad pushing him too far.
    Peacemaker is a Punisher knock off. I doubt he was pushed over the edge, so much as it just wasn't apparent from the start, is all

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Peacemaker is a Punisher knock off. I doubt he was pushed over the edge, so much as it just wasn't apparent from the start, is all
    Maybe it's like the comics where he was never able to kill any "names" but he could totally off all the normals .

(I think the only major character in TSS that he killed was Flag).

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Maybe he did try to kill Kite Man but didn't finish the job.

I don't think Peacemaker is at all like the Punisher other than they shoot bad guys. Their trauma and backstory are very different. Their names also convey how they see themselves, which are almost the opposite. Frank has no delusions about what he's doing, even if other don't agree with his worldview. Peacemaker's motto is more than a play on words, it implies a certain ambivalence to his nature, which sometimes has been depicted as a flat-out schism in his brain.

Ultimate Member

I don't think Peacemaker is at all like the Punisher other than they shoot bad guys. Their trauma and backstory are very different. Their names also convey how they see themselves, which are almost the opposite. Frank has no delusions about what he's doing, even if other don't agree with his worldview. Peacemaker's motto is more than a play on words, it implies a certain ambivalence to his nature, which sometimes has been depicted as a flat-out schism in his brain.
    Their character is different (depending on their writer), but their MO is the same. A guy with a gun fighting crime.

Their character is different (depending on their writer), but their MO is the same. A guy with a gun fighting crime.
    And they are the ONLY ones who ever did that?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    And they are the ONLY ones who ever did that?
    Never said he was, I was just responding to the person who said that maybe Peacemaker's dad pushed him over the edge as a hero.

I doubt he did. He screwed up Chris as a kid, who then becomes Peacemaker, a Punisher like murderer. I mean, he was in jail 5 years and still people remember his murder spree, like the janitor (who oddly didn't seem to panic being so close to a mass murderer)

Astonishing Member

This is show is a lot of fun, and I do hope we get a second season, but if this sticks the landing and doesn’t end on a tantalizing cliffhanger then I’d be fine with this as a one and done.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    This is show is a lot of fun, and I do hope we get a second season, but if this sticks the landing and doesn’t end on a tantalizing cliffhanger then I’d be fine with this as a one and done.
    James Gunn seems to think a season 2 is likely.

I hope they go over how exactly PM decided to just catch the butterfly and keep it. (I thought Adebayo was going to find it when she was at his place... good thing, or she might've thought PM was the traitor and never would have found out about Murn) Vigilante doesn't seem aware of this, or maybe he does since they were there together at the end of that ep. I just hope it's not glossed over.

I hope they go over how exactly PM decided to just catch the butterfly and keep it. (I thought Adebayo was going to find it when she was at his place... good thing, or she might've thought PM was the traitor and never would have found out about Murn) Vigilante doesn't seem aware of this, or maybe he does since they were there together at the end of that ep. I just hope it's not glossed over.
    He might have his own doubts about exactly what's up with the Butterflies after what Judomaster said.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He might have his own doubts about exactly what's up with the Butterflies after what Judomaster said.
    He captured the butterfly before that - presumably it's the one from the Senator with PM and Vigilante at the end of ep3. The audience didn't see it after his fight with Judomaster.

He captured the butterfly before that - presumably it's the one from the Senator with PM and Vigilante at the end of ep3. The audience didn't see it after his fight with Judomaster.
    Could be he captured it alive until he found out more about Butterflies and then decided to keep it alive after fighting Judomaster.