Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 LastLast

Until he shows up everything Peacemaker said about DCEU Green Arrow is canon.

Fantastic Member

It ended up being a damn fine body snatchers type show, I feel like they should have killed more of the team and treated each season like a one off.

Interesting that Gunn burned Task Force X. Was that him doubling down on wanting to make more Peacemaker rather than another SS? Who knows... I wouldn't mind seeing Harley in another BoP or Gotham City Sirens rather than another SS anyway.

A couple of nitpicky things:
    -- It never makes any sense for Flash to show up the same time as the rest of the team. Considering how much time had passed between when Adebayo called Waller and when the JL showed up, it seems odd they couldn't show up sooner. it's one thing if Waller told the team they were busy, but instead they stressed that there wasn't enough time.
    -- Considering all the bodies were still lying around when Judomaster showed up the following morning, I guess the JL doesn't do cleanup. (and nobody else does either - you'd think Waller would have sent in a cleanup crew)
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 02-17-2022 at 06:41 PM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Interesting that Gunn burned Task Force X. Was that him doubling down on wanting to make more Peacemaker rather than another SS? Who knows... I wouldn't mind seeing Harley in another BoP or Gotham City Sirens rather than another SS anyway.

-- It never makes any sense for Flash to show up the same time as the rest of the team. Considering how much time had passed between when Adebayo called Waller and when the JL showed up, it seems odd they couldn't show up sooner. it's one thing if Waller told the team they were busy, but instead they stressed that there wasn't enough time.
    -- Considering all the bodies were still lying around when Judomaster showed up the following morning, I guess the JL doesn't do cleanup. (and nobody else does either - you'd think Waller would have sent in a cleanup crew)
    Who would be the ones to do the clean up? Keep in mind that three people murdered the police for the entire county. That's hard to cover up so Waller wouldn't touch that.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Who would be the ones to do the clean up? Keep in mind that three people murdered the police for the entire county. That's hard to cover up so Waller wouldn't touch that.
    Someone would do the clean up, regardless.

Gunn has said in an interview DC is so lenient with what he can do that they even told him he could kill off Harley Quinn in TSS. I think TSS being a one off was the intention if they were willing to kill off its most popular character. Peacemaker and the other unannounced SS spin off serves as a way for Gunn to continue the story of the characters he really liked, I guess.

World's Greatest Super Team apparently has terrible reaction time.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

VARIETY article/interview with James Gunn about the Season One final.

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/pea...nn-1235184463/

Ultimate Member

Oh, the first time I noticed that and it bugged me was the cover of the 1st issue of the Wolfman/Perez All New Teen Titans, with Robin swinging and Cyborg running and the whole team arriving pretty much at the same time, and Kid Flash had these speed streaks behind him and I thought, "Did they start across the street, and Wally start in Aruba, cause it makes no sense he'd arrive at the same time as Robin on a ****ing bat-rope..."

But once I noticed it, I saw it all over the place with Kid Flash, Flash, Dawnstar, Quicksilver, Monica Rambeau, etc. in group shots running or flying along at the same speed as much slower characters just hoofing it. Yes, Monica Rambeau turned to a BEAM OF LIGHT (able to zip around *the planet* eight times in a single second) and got there the same time as Hawkeye, who called a cab. Comics.

Worth it for that one scene.
    And the cow reminded me of Heimlich from A Bug's Life.

There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

amell.jpg

Funny little exchange on Twitter today

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    World's Greatest Super Team apparently has terrible reaction time.
    To be fair, showing up one at a time at a mind control villain's place is just asking for trouble.

Kinda felt sorry for Judomaster. Wonder how/if he figures into Season 2.

But yeah, loved it. The Scabies helmet was a Chekhov's Gun situation, but loved the clever use of the Human Torpedo helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Kinda felt sorry for Judomaster. Wonder how/if he figures into Season 2.

But yeah, loved it. The Scabies helmet was a Chekhov's Gun situation, but loved the clever use of the Human Torpedo helmet.
    Maybe he goes after them again for revenge and gets enlisted into the team...or just becomes a for-hire guy that they end up crossing paths with again.

I wonder if this mission basically cleared Chris of his sentence or if that's still hanging over his head if they need to force him to do something again.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe he goes after them again for revenge and gets enlisted into the team...or just becomes a for-hire guy that they end up crossing paths with again.

I wonder if this mission basically cleared Chris of his sentence or if that's still hanging over his head if they need to force him to do something again.
    He still has the bomb implanted in his head. Waller can still force him to do missions