Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: D.C or Boston ?

Default D.C or Boston ?

If you had to point which real city should Diana be living in?

D.C. It's where she first set up shop under Marston.

I'm from Massachusetts though, so I wouldn't complain if she goes back there.
    Last edited by Gaius; 09-23-2020 at 01:19 PM.

D.C. but either one can work.

I'll go with D.C too.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I’m partial to D.C.

Mainly because my introduction to Wonder Woman was the t.v. show and that’s where she lived. Also it’s because I live in D.C. and I get a little thrill when they depict her flying around well known D.C. landmarks like the Capital building or Washington Monument.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Washington D.C.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Embassy means DC right

I would prefer to see her in a stylized DC - hyper-militarized with tanks and uniformed soldiers, secret agent types, over-sized Graeco-Roman monuments and famous landmarks, everywhere - over leaving her in Boston.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

I actually like both. There are around ports or near port cities. Okay if you had to pick what would you want from each city ? I’m speaking of from Wonder Woman’s history

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I actually like both. There are around ports or near port cities. Okay if you had to pick what would you want from each city ? I’m speaking of from Wonder Woman’s history
    Truthfully, I don't need anything from Boston, but will suffer Doc Julia and Nessie, because they are favorites of my fellow WW fans. Doc Julia isn't so bad...Zarkov to Diana's Flash Gordon, I suppose, but, I would see her written a little weirder and quirkier.

Everything else from Boston can go to blazes.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 09-24-2020 at 07:58 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

DC, but not just for historic reasons. The Greek architecture of the city fits Diana with her Greek background like a glove.

Incredible Member

Washington D.C. As someone from outside the US, I have a general "understanding" of what D.C. represents from American media. It seems like a good "base of operations" for Diana's philanthropic endeavours to improve society, advocate for positive changes, fight injustice without using a sword, etc. And it seems like a fitting location for the Themysciran Embassy.

Boston ... I don't really know anything about it. It doesn't have any defining characteristics or purpose to me like D.C., New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles, etc. I'll readily admit that this is due to my own ignorance.

But, my first preference is always for Gateway City so that it can be presented to meet the needs of Diana's character and her mythology.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    Truthfully, I don't need anything from Boston, but will suffer Doc Julia and Nessie, because they are favorites of my fellow WW fans. Doc Julia isn't so bad...Zarkov to Diana's Flash Gordon, I suppose, but, I would see her written a little weirder and quirkier.

Everything else from Boston can go to blazes.
    Myndi Mayer though...

D.C. though Boston could easily work.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Myndi Mayer though...
    Ah, Myndi... She was one of my favorite characters from the Perez days. So unapologetically brash and extravagant with a hidden vulnerability.

With all the reboots and relaunches I can’t believe no one has brought her back to life. A modern version of her would fit right in in D.C. as an “Olivia Pope” type - PR magnate & secret political fixer who knows where all the bodies are buried. I could see her definitely taking an interest in representing the Themiscyran embassy.