View Poll Results: Cape of Thrones: Declare your House!

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Flash Family

9 12.50%
  • The Arrow Family

7 9.72%
  • The Terrifics

3 4.17%
  • House El/The Super Family

18 25.00%
  • The Wilsons

0 0%
  • The Shazam Family

7 9.72%
  • The Atlantian Royal Family

5 6.94%
  • The Bat Family

10 13.89%
  • The Amazons

8 11.11%
  • Other (I ran out if families, tell me more!)

5 6.94%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Flash Family - no question.

Although, I would happily align my family with the Arrows and keep the North free.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Do the Titans count as a hero family? I wanna be a Titan.

But if they don't count then I'm stuck between the Batfam and the Shazam family.
    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I went with "other", my choice being the House of Oa. As a retired serviceman (Navy), I'd love to be in an honest to gosh corps with Hal, John, Guy, Kyle, Simon, Jessica and Kiliwog.
    the Titans and the Lanterns are tricky for me. they both are definitely distinct franchises/collectives of characters, but I'm not entirely sure if they feel like the same kind of collective as say the Batfamily or the Arrow family. I feel when it's a family of characters they kinda of have a "parent" character (Batman, Aquaman, Mr. Terrific, The Flash, etc.) who kinda anchors the collective identity of the group and then the other characters sorta play off those principles and build that legacy; Titans and GL feel more like ensembles rather than this kind of traditional "family". Titans typically feel more like different members from various "families" throughout the DC landscape (same with Young Justice and Justice League) but, at the same time, Green Lantern is a similar kinda of ensemble but they're so uniformed that it does sorta fall into these vague family parameters in spite of the ensemble nature of the brand; so I can't really say House Oa isn't a valid option.

I would say the group needs a head or "lord" ( **** it, gonna go full Game of Thrones here for a bit. 'llow me) character leading the House for it to be a family in this context. so I guess Titans and the Lanterns wouldn't be considered families but moreso general institutions like the Brotherhood without Banners or the Nights Watch (keeping with the GoT analogy) .
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I'd want to explore the Fortress, so I'm going with the House of El.
    Would vote Bat-Family too, but it depends on which incarnation. I'd totally chill with 70s Bruce, Dick and Alfred, but i'd give the current crew a wide berth.
    Themyscira would be great, but...penis lol. So I'd stay out unless invited.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    the Titans and the Lanterns are tricky for me. they both are definitely distinct franchises/collectives of characters, but I'm not entirely sure if they feel like the same kind of collective as say the Batfamily or the Arrow family. I feel when it's a family of characters they kinda of have a "parent" character (Batman, Aquaman, Mr. Terrific, The Flash, etc.) who kinda anchors the collective identity of the group and then the other characters sorta play off those principles and build that legacy; Titans and GL feel more like ensembles rather than this kind of traditional "family". Titans typically feel more like different members from various "families" throughout the DC landscape (same with Young Justice and Justice League) but, at the same time, Green Lantern is a similar kinda of ensemble but they're so uniformed that it does sorta fall into these vague family parameters in spite of the ensemble nature of the brand; so I can't really say House Oa isn't a valid option.

I would say the group needs a head or "lord" ( **** it, gonna go full Game of Thrones here for a bit. 'llow me) character leading the House for it to be a family in this context. so I guess Titans and the Lanterns wouldn't be considered families but moreso general institutions like the Brotherhood without Banners or the Nights Watch (keeping with the GoT analogy) .
    Depending on which iteration, one could argue that the Titans are more of a family than some of the families on this list. But I get what you mean.

So in that case, I'm going with the Batfam. Top notch martial arts training AND getting to be close friends with one of the richest and smartest people on the planet. I'm pretty much set for life with them.

Shazam Family is a close second though. They seem like they'd be a lot of fun and those powers would be REALLY useful.

Astonishing Member

Bat Family all the way. Batman's always been my #1 superhero. That won't ever change.

What? No House of Mystery? I'm all about that ooky spooky magic life without the goody two shoes nature of the House of Captain Marvel.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Other: Oa

Voted Themysicra but there's the man thing.

If I can’t choose Doom Patrol or Titans then I’d go with the Shazamily! Such a great group that actually feels like a family

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Yeah, but Doomsday would destroy everything around him in the meantime killing scores of innocent people and (likely) animals. So, yeah, this is a too extreme stance I can't support. Sometimes, rarely, violence is justified in the pursuit of the minimization of evil or of even greater violence (if you prefer).
    Buddha was agnostic, btw. Actually no, it isn't. How did superman stop doomsday last time from hurting civilians? Simple, he gave him someone to fight. Doomsday would still have superman to fight. Its just he won't be punching back,only tanking blows.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Buddha was agnostic, btw. Actually no, it isn't. How did superman stop doomsday last time from hurting civilians? Simple, he gave him someone to fight. Doomsday would still have superman to fight. Its just he won't be punching back,only tanking blows.
    I know, so am I (agnostic).

I still contend it is too risky a strategy and one I would not employ. As Spider-Man's slogan goes "with great power comes great responsibility". I'm not going to put the lives of others in jeopardy to prove a point. Can I give them their lives back, no, so do I have a right to gamble with them? Now, if I tricked Doomsday into fighting me somewhere where we are alone (I can control the battlefield) sure, but otherwise, it's a big hell no.
    Last edited by Celgress; 09-25-2020 at 07:23 AM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I'd love to say the Aquaman Family but it'd be a lie.

Probably the Wilsons, or the Anarky/al'Ghul/Ivy Family more realistically.

I mean, the Arrow FAmily could make sense, but being around such a bunch of Centrist/Soft-Right family would be hard for a Leftist like me
    Last edited by Korath; 09-25-2020 at 07:20 AM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I know, so am I (agnostic).

I still contend it is too risky a strategy and one I would not employ. As Spider-Man's slogan goes "with great power comes great responsibility". I'm not going to put the lives of others in jeopardy to prove a point. Can I give them their lives back, no, so do I have a right to gamble with them? Now, if I tricked Doomsday into fighting me somewhere where we are alone (I can control the battlefield) sure, but otherwise, it's a big hell no.
    It isn't to prove point. It's about an ideal.Great responsibility is not part taking in violence that self perpetuates. Moreover, that speech is for a selfish kid who didn't want responsibility But all the power. Not superman .Violence isn't something that can be condoned, even when "hero" does it. Moreover, Superman gambles with lives of people with his no kill rule. I mean, people didn't want superman killing zod when the guy was actually going to end humanity. So people want superman to uphold an ideal. Well, non-violence to any creature is the greatest ideal a man could hope to be.

House of El for me. Would enjoy being apart of Nightwing's fam tho since Dick is my favorite hero.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    It isn't to prove point. It's about an ideal.Great responsibility is not part taking in violence that self perpetuates. Moreover, that speech is for a selfish kid who didn't want responsibility But all the power. Not superman .Violence isn't something that can be condoned, even when "hero" does it. Moreover, Superman gambles with lives of people with his no kill rule. I mean, people didn't want superman killing zod when the guy was actually going to end humanity. So people want superman to uphold an ideal. Well, non-violence to any creature is the greatest ideal a man could hope to be.
    It is an impossible ideal, one I could never achieve which I freely admit. The situation reminds me of the old military joke - "no battle plan survives contact with the enemy". That's about all I can say on the matter I haven't already said.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I picked the Shazam family. Not because I'm a big Shazam fan, I prefer the Supes and Bats, but honestly I feel like an Uncle Dudley. Like I don't know the character that well, but what I've seen that seems like my speed of superhero. And I like kids so it works out.